Things we where wrong about.

Frustration

4 minutes ago, Necessary Ookla said:

I thought smart!T was using dumb!T to trick Odium.

This is sort of true. Odium didn't think dumb Taravangian would be a threat, so he maybe jumped into a vision without checking the surroundings first. Odium knows which days Taravangian is an idiot, so this likely played a part. 

None of this appears to be in the diagram though, so it is unclear if smart Taravangian knew or if this was just something Cultivation vaguely foresaw as a possibility.

Edited by teknopathetic

What I was deemed wrong about here (some of them might become true in future) 

• Restares was Gavilar. 
  • Battar founded Envisagers (we don't know about it yet) 
  • Kaladin will kill Moash. 
  • Rlain will become Bondsmith. Adolin will bond with Maya. Reshi King will be fighting along Radiants. 
  • We will see Zahel using his Breaths to aid Kaladin and co at Urithiru. Azure will be at Lasting Integrity, new swords like her would be on parade. 
  • Lirin will die. 
  • The Black sphere which Gaviliar has actually contained an Unmade (this was before preview chapters) and when Szeth would retrieve it, somehow it'd break free of its hold and wreck havoc in Tower.

1 hour ago, Ramona Tehradin said:

What I was deemed wrong about here (some of them might become true in future)

• Rlain will become Bondsmith. Adolin will bond with Maya. Reshi King will be fighting along Radiants. 

To be fair, a flip of a coin and this could have happened. There are universes where it did. 

Edited by teknopathetic

I also thought the lesser spren theory might not have been completely correct, turned out the complications in that theory were handled by the subtypes of lesser spren, oh well

I thought Taravangian would become a Bondsmith, but can you blame me for not seeing that coming?

I thought the Dawnshards were Ashynite Surge fabrials, I didn't really write my theory anywhere but anyhoo that's what I thought they were

I was thinking about Rlain bonding a Corrupted / Enlightened spren but I got distracted by the Bondsmith Rlain tangent handily so that did end blindsiding me despite me initially expecting it

I was wrong in thinking that re-integration of the three into one Shallan is not going to happen. 
I was wrong in thinking that Shallan will surely become a full fledged member of ghostbloods. 
I was wrong in thinking that Chasmfiends were mere brutes. 
I was wrong in thinking that Teft might swear 4th oath before Kal. 
Ofc that Rlain will be a bondsmith, or that Dabbid will be a bondsmith (lol). 

I thought that Mr. T was betting on a second day of brilliance in order to defeat Odium... Which he was near the end, but I thought it would happen. I mean I guess I was technically correct, seeing as the minds of vessels are greatly expanded upon ascending to shardhood.

21 minutes ago, Aon Tia said:

I was wrong in thinking that re-integration of the three into one Shallan is not going to happen. 
I was wrong in thinking that Shallan will surely become a full fledged member of ghostbloods. 
I was wrong in thinking that Chasmfiends were mere brutes. 
I was wrong in thinking that Teft might swear 4th oath before Kal. 
Ofc that Rlain will be a bondsmith, or that Dabbid will be a bondsmith (lol). 

To be fair, if it wasn’t for Moash Teft would have. In fact, he did, but Phendorana was already gone... But he did swear it first.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

What did you think the back 5 were going to be about then?

Refugees fleeing to Nalthis. It would explain all the Warbreaker hints and would follow the exodus trail of the Iriali (and the general theme of human/singer migration and displacement). 

Edited by teknopathetic

I too thought that Rlain would be a Bondsmith, and if not, a Willshaper.

I thought we’d get the explanation of the Recreance in this book. 

Definitely had a higher opinion of Kelsier, wouldn’t have put him in the Ghostbloods much less as Thaidakar.

I thought Ishar would still be sane to all appearances and just be secretly plotting the destruction of the planet - not outwardly acting like a complete whackjob. Like why would Nale or Ash even bother talking to him if this is what he’s like?

I would that thought that Nightblood+Perpendicularity = something big, not just collapsing the Perpendicularity and Nightblood in food coma. (Though that hasn’t been fully confirmed yet.)

I thought we’d get some good Venli teleportation stuff going on. Actually kinda disappointed that we only saw Lezian do that.

I thought the Dawnshards would play any sort of role in the book. 

Not necessarily something was wrong about, but my dad just predicted that one or both of Kaladin’s parents is going to die. He is still reading the book, currently at the beginning, right before the Urithiru invasion I think.
He also predicted that Teft will die, so I guess he’s 1 for 2.

On 12/21/2020 at 2:56 AM, coolsnow7 said:

Definitely had a higher opinion of Kelsier, wouldn’t have put him in the Ghostbloods much less as Thaidakar.

I find this very interesting. I adore Kell, but I’ve felt the Ghostbloods could be his since WoR. I just didn’t expect Brandon to let him, but I always knew he would do it. So I was surprised to see how many people thought otherwise.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

4 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I find this very interesting. I adore Kell, but I’ve felt the Ghostbloods could be his since WoR. I just didn’t expect Brandon to let him, but I always knew he would do it. So I was surprised to see how many people thought others.

To me the biggest difference is that when Kelsier went to take down the Final Empire, whatever atrocities he committed had a “greater good” motivating them, and he also didn’t, say, kill anyone for no good reason. The Ghostbloods don’t seem to be motivated by a mission that’s good for the Cosmere as a whole - indeed Wit thinks their goal is extremely dangerous - and they also feel comfortable just killing whoever whenever. 

Another aspect: Kelsier built his crew around a deep unconditional trust. That’s not what we see in the Ghostbloods. When Mraize starts to realize that Shallan has manipulated him, his response is “that’s fine, ambition is a good quality, just be careful not to overdo it.”

The Ghostbloods as an org just seem incongruous with what Kelsier was about when he was alive. Either he changed his attitude or he’s done fighting for the good guys now that the good guys didn’t kill his wife. Or maybe Wit is wrong and the Ghostbloods’ vision is actually a good one! I guess we’ll find out but that’s why I was very surprised. 

13 minutes ago, coolsnow7 said:

To me the biggest difference is that when Kelsier went to take down the Final Empire, whatever atrocities he committed had a “greater good” motivating them, and he also didn’t, say, kill anyone for no good reason. The Ghostbloods don’t seem to be motivated by a mission that’s good for the Cosmere as a whole - indeed Wit thinks their goal is extremely dangerous - and they also feel comfortable just killing whoever whenever. 

Another aspect: Kelsier built his crew around a deep unconditional trust. That’s not what we see in the Ghostbloods. When Mraize starts to realize that Shallan has manipulated him, his response is “that’s fine, ambition is a good quality, just be careful not to overdo it.”

The Ghostbloods as an org just seem incongruous with what Kelsier was about when he was alive. Either he changed his attitude or he’s done fighting for the good guys now that the good guys didn’t kill his wife. Or maybe Wit is wrong and the Ghostbloods’ vision is actually a good one! I guess we’ll find out but that’s why I was very surprised. 

Wit isn’t to be trusted when it comes to Kelsier. They don’t like each other much.

The Ghostbloods are built around trust. They don’t harm one another and can call upon each other at need. They’re run without direct oversight, which implies a massive amount of trust.

Kelsier was fine with Breeze using soothing on different members. He himself manipulated his entire crew. Marsh was more amused than annoyed when Vin used emotional allomancy on him. Manipulation and ambition are fine; they just can’t reach a point where they harm the crew.