I've edited the The Way of Kings Prime cover to make covers for a few other unpublished works, as I thought the cover looked rather nice, and that the other unpublished novels needed covers anyway.

The  Pimp My Aether thread explains how to convert the Word files to eBook formats and attach covers.

White Sand:

Spoiler

White Sand uses the vector version of the White Sand icon, taken from the Coppermind.

White Sand.png

Aether of Night:

Spoiler

Aether of Night has what is supposed to be an Amberite bud, but a.) I didn't double-check to see the description in-book of its shape so I don't know if it's accurate, and b.) I can't unsee it as a stylized eye now that I'm done with the cover.

Version 1:

Aether.png

Rotated gem:

602177f375a8d_Aether(Alt).thumb.png.fcb0fb35174f082354b948c29eb2df21.png

Smaller "of":

602178153f3aa_Aether(Alt2).thumb.png.4e59534a6bdfbe0ea498366e4508f89b.png

Both tweaks:

6021797b23f9b_Aether(Alt3).thumb.png.86a432aadd3b734b9845bfae27fe9271.png

Dragonsteel Prime:

Spoiler

Dragonsteel Prime uses the vector version of the Dragonsteel Entertainment logo, taken from the Coppermind.

601f906e968ee_DragonsteelPrime.thumb.png.d8101d3aa88e47167fafd2882d0959c5.png

Liar of Partinel:

Spoiler

Liar of Partinel uses the vector version of the Cosmere symbol, taken from the Coppermind.

Normal:

601f9cba1721a_LiarofPartinel.thumb.png.2975e61daba829ab05c4ff14bef84ddb.png

Draft 2 Chapters 1-6 (notice is slightly annoying on purpose, as I usually won't be using this version and want it to be very obvious it's the wrong one):

602179eb3a69d_LiarofPartinel-v2.thumb.png.e7ddace6f0b2a4bf11f9989526e06215.png

Draft 3 Chapter 1 (notice is slightly annoying on purpose, as I usually won't be using this version and want it to be very obvious it's the wrong one):

602179ee1d7a5_LiarofPartinel-v3.thumb.png.26d220d9e5f9a22af560cd7450c5341e.png

Mythwalker:

Spoiler

Mythwalker uses the vector version of the Nalthis icon, taken from the Coppermind.

With circle:

Mythwalker.thumb.png.5324c842b9d293db43676d1b15c85546.png

Without circle:

602182dc63c2d_Mythwalker(Alt1).thumb.png.2e070001fb31296263060961049f777e.png

Capital letters, with circle:

602184c20b151_Mythwalker(Alt2).thumb.png.b2ce494911c74880bbab69872f137173.png

Capital letters, without circle:

602184c591f6e_Mythwalker(Alt3).thumb.png.12328f39ab7e63c86a50a1b9c276155d.png

Mistborn Prime:

Spoiler

Mistborn Prime uses the vector version of the ancient atium symbol, taken from the Coppermind.

60219e95519df_MistbornPrime.thumb.png.6a8bdbfee27042586ab44c459fbd6c47.png

Final Empire Prime:

Spoiler

Final Empire Prime uses the vector version of the ancient lerasium symbol, taken from the Coppermind.

60219e8d7726c_FinalEmpirePrime.thumb.png.074b52e8678faec92ac8eb9b7459830b.png

Alt version with the Kredik Shaw symbol, taken from Secret History (or more accurately, this post , which takes it from Secret History):

607b4f6ae0833_FinalEmpirePrime(Alt).thumb.png.824c6655cc834304b8866f5cc079af95.png

Edited by LewsTherinTelescope
Fixed typo: TFE Prime uses ancient lerasium, not ancient atium

Omg!!!! Thank you!!!! Ive been waiting for someone to do updated covers forever

ive been needing a new cover for Aether of Night. The one i use now, i just found on google and it looks horrible lol

For Whitesand Prose, i just used the cover from the first volume of the graphic novels, but i think i might try out yours

Edit: it looks sooo much smoother:D

6B9237AD-0916-48E9-900E-46B378B5F810.thumb.jpeg.24c483e2f2efbb282f80cb33ecea0d66.jpeg

Edited by Eternal Khol

13 hours ago, Eternal Khol said:

Omg!!!! Thank you!!!! Ive been waiting for someone to do updated covers forever

ive been needing a new cover for Aether of Night. The one i use now, i just found on google and it looks horrible lol

For Whitesand Prose, i just used the cover from the first volume of the graphic novels, but i think i might try out yours

Edit: it looks sooo much smoother:D

6B9237AD-0916-48E9-900E-46B378B5F810.thumb.jpeg.24c483e2f2efbb282f80cb33ecea0d66.jpeg

What app is that? Looks nice.

Hmm, forgot Mythwalker was a thing. Might look at one for that, but I can't off the top of my head think of any good very simple symbol, so most likely I won't.

If I ever get a response to my email requesting Final Empire Prime and Mistborn Prime, I'll look into those as well, lol. But that doesn't seem likely to be any time soon.

16 hours ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

What app is that? Looks nice.

Its the "books" app for Apple devices.

i used to use the kindle app, but Apple Books is sleeker and has all the same features as The kindle app, plus Vertical scrolling, which i like, and havent figured out on kindle.

Edited by Eternal Khol

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Rashekin said:

Those covers really look beautiful, great job! Could you tell me what program you used, and what are the fonts you used on the covers? Thanks!

Thanks! Used GIMP for the editing. Font is Tresillian Script (screenshotted from the "Enter your own text" box because I'm not spending $65 for the sake of these covers :lol:). I think the actual tWoKP cover uses the Bold variant, but I used the Medium variant because I wasn't certain which of the two was used.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Thanks! Used GIMP for the editing. Font is Tresillian Script (screenshotted from the "Enter your own text" box because I'm not spending $65 for the sake of these covers :lol:). I think the actual tWoKP cover uses the Bold variant, but I used the Medium variant because I wasn't certain which of the two was used.

Thank you! (and sorry for the delay, I'm not active in the Shard). Is that the same font that the Mistborn paperback editions use? The ones with the covers made by Chris McGrath

Added a cover for Dragonsteel Prime, using Dragonsteel Entertainment's logo. The fact we'll presumably get a cover at the same time as the actual book means this one's not as useful as the WS or AoN ones, but oh well. Also, the length of the title means the font had to be smaller than I would like, but can't do much about that. Image has been added to the main post.

Edit: Added a Liar of Partinel cover as well, using the Cosmere logo.

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 4:28 PM, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Used the ancient atium and lerasium symbols to do Mistborn Prime and Final Empire Prime, though just having a single chapter of each makes the necessity questionable.

Hey! The new covers are really beautiful. I've been using GIMP for days, and I would like to know if you could tell me how you put the texture to the logos and text, because they look the same as the TWoK Prime cover, and I would like to try to make these covers in Spanish, although probably none of the Sanderson Curiosities will be translated in the future.

Also, even though I haven't read The Final Empire Prime, would putting the Kredik Shaw symbol on it would be in context? It is precisely the symbol of the second part of Secret History: "Well".

27 minutes ago, Rashekin said:

Hey! The new covers are really beautiful. I've been using GIMP for days, and I would like to know if you could tell me how you put the texture to the logos and text, because they look the same as the TWoK Prime cover, and I would like to try to make these covers in Spanish, although probably none of the Sanderson Curiosities will be translated in the future.

Thanks!

I believe what I did for the effects was:

• Add the text with color #cbbc92
  • Add a gradient with that and #968766
  • Use the Sponge 01 brush with #968766 to add texture (or I think that was it, anyway; might've been Sponge 02 or one of the Cell brushes, it's been a bit and they all look sort of similar)
27 minutes ago, Rashekin said:

Also, even though I haven't read The Final Empire Prime, would putting the Kredik Shaw symbol on it would be in context? It is precisely the symbol of the second part of Secret History: "Well".

I'm afraid my copy of AU doesn't seem to have icons at the start of each part, just the chapter icons, are you able to grab an image anywhere? A Kredik Shaw icon would probably fit pretty well, since it's the Final Empire and all, lol.

1 hour ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Thanks!

I believe what I did for the effects was:

• Add the text with color #cbbc92
  • Add a gradient with that and #968766
  • Use the Sponge 01 brush with #968766 to add texture (or I think that was it, anyway; might've been Sponge 02 or one of the Cell brushes, it's been a bit and they all look sort of similar)

Thanks! I'm going to give it a try and when I have some done in Spanish I'll upload them here at the Shard.

And with the logos, I also put it with the color and apply the gradient and sponge?

1 hour ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

I'm afraid my copy of AU doesn't seem to have icons at the start of each part, just the chapter icons, are you able to grab an image anywhere? A Kredik Shaw icon would probably fit pretty well, since it's the Final Empire and all, lol.

What is the format of your AU? If it's paperback, it's probably like the Cosmere image, which is only on hardcover. And I got the logo from my Secret History e-book, it's red and in GIF format. The bad thing about these logos in GIF is that they go crazy and the background turns black hahaha, but I think that converting them in GIMP to PNG format, it could work better and then color it.

I find it strange that it is not in the Coppermind, because there is all the Steel Alphabet and almost all the logos that Isaac makes.

The logo:

Spoiler

part-2.thumb.gif.1943efd8eac8f2297a56e7871c1b9020.gif

Edited by Rashekin

34 minutes ago, Rashekin said:

And with the logos, I also put it with the color and apply the gradient and sponge?

Yep, same steps for the logos.

What is the format of your AU?

Kindle eBook.

And I got the logo from my Secret History e-book, it's red and in GIF format. 

Interesting, I've just got giant red rectangles in my Arcanum Unbounded eBook in their place, lol. Wonder if AU just doesn't have them for some reason, or if Amazon screwed the book up somehow. Checking the free sample of the Secret History eBook, yeah, I see the symbols you're talking about.

41 minutes ago, Rashekin said:

I find it strange that it is not in the Coppermind, because there is all the Steel Alphabet and almost all the logos that Isaac makes.

Hm, I'll bring it up in the Discord or something and see if someone with the SH eBook can grab the symbols out of it.

40 minutes ago, Rashekin said:

The logo:

Reveal hidden contents

part-2.thumb.gif.1943efd8eac8f2297a56e7871c1b9020.gif

Oooh, that looks cool, and is simple enough that it should look good. It's late where I am atm, but tomorrow I'll try adding it to the Final Empire Prime cover and see how it turns out.

Where'd you see it labeled the Kredik Shaw symbol, btw? Is it referenced as such in the book or something? (Not doubting that that's what it is, it certainly looks like it'd fit Kredik Shaw, just curious since I know I wouldn't recognize most of these symbols if not for seeing the names on the Coppermind :lol:)

23 hours ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Yep, same steps for the logos.

Thanks!! I was practicing with the Sponge brush and I was able to apply it well.:D It took me hours to get the practice, but now I already made a couple of covers with this style.

Interesting, I've just got giant red rectangles in my Arcanum Unbounded eBook in their place, lol. Wonder if AU just doesn't have them for some reason, or if Amazon screwed the book up somehow. Checking the free sample of the Secret History eBook, yeah, I see the symbols you're talking about.

Well, the AU in most formats that I have seen, it brings those symbols of the SH parts but in black. In red there is only the ebook published by Dragonsteel, because most Dragonsteel books have those details in color (red for the SH ebook, and Era I in leatherbound; blue for the Dawnshard and TWoK Prime ebooks, and TWoK in leatherbound, for example).

Oooh, that looks cool, and is simple enough that it should look good. It's late where I am atm, but tomorrow I'll try adding it to the Final Empire Prime cover and see how it turns out.

Where'd you see it labeled the Kredik Shaw symbol, btw? Is it referenced as such in the book or something? (Not doubting that that's what it is, it certainly looks like it'd fit Kredik Shaw, just curious since I know I wouldn't recognize most of these symbols if not for seeing the names on the Coppermind :lol:)

On the Luthadel map, Kredik Shaw appears with the same symbol. The color map and the old map.

I'm excited to see the TFE Prime cover with the Kredik Shaw logo!:D

15 hours ago, Rashekin said:

Thanks!! I was practicing with the Sponge brush and I was able to apply it well.:D It took me hours to get the practice, but now I already made a couple of covers with this style.

Nice!

On the Luthadel map, Kredik Shaw appears with the same symbol. The color map and the old map.

Ah, interesting.

I'm excited to see the TFE Prime cover with the Kredik Shaw logo!:D

Added it to the post! Spent a bit of time fiddling with it but couldn't get the gradient quite how I wanted on the logo, unfortunately.

• 1 year later...