Socially Awkward Bookworms

Tesh

26 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

'I am surrounded by geniouses' - Bearer of all agonies, Tanat, 1174, 23 seconds pre-death. Subject was a darkeyed warrior of some renown.

53 minutes ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Anyone else read during lunch?

Definitely! When I'm not otherwise occupied.

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Yeah, Love the lord of the Rings trilogy. And Elantris. Wait, what? There's a Jurassic park book?

Yes, yes there is. You should read it.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Why wouldn't I? :P

1 hour ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Yeah, Love the lord of the Rings trilogy. And Elantris. Wait, what? There's a Jurassic park book?

You didn't know that? It's great.

35 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Definitely! When I'm not otherwise occupied.

Yes, yes there is. You should read it.

Ok.

9 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Why wouldn't I? :P

You didn't know that? It's great.

I've mentioned before. I'm kindof an Idiot. Which is why I post here.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Not as often as I used to, mostly because I don't really have a quiet place to go and sit where I can be alone. I stayed in one of my teacher's classrooms the other day to finish test corrections, and when I finished I spent the rest of the time reading. It was really nice, and I'll probably do it some more. There was only one other person in there, too.

When I was in elementary school, I would go into the library every single recess and read or work on my book. (If you want to read said book, I'll send it to you. It's hilarious how terrible it is.) My teachers used to force me to go outside. Then in fifth grade, after my best friend decided I wasn't really her best friend anymore, I would read on the swings, or play with a few friends who's imaginations were just as crazy as mine.

*sigh* Elementary school. Back when things were simple.

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Oh, I miss elementary school so much. Remember recess?

Yes...

I would sit in the library and read...

Oh, that's why I would read outside during fifth grade! We got a new librarian, and she was mean. The old one had been one of my favorite people ever.

But then I started hanging out with some cool kids, and we'd pretend to be adventurers and stuff, and we'd go find griffin eggs and other things like that. (I did stuff like that up through seventh grade, if we're being honest here.) 

What were your guys's favorite books in elementary school? Mine were Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Septimus Heap, Fablehaven, and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel. (This was a genuine list I had, by the way.) 

Oh, and there was that one time I tried to start a book club! But everyone read really slowly, and so I got bored. And in the end, only one person showed up regularly, and I think he might have liked me. I have some really weird, random memories of this kid.

Spoiler

Talk about nostalgia...

1 minute ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Mine were Percy Jackson, Harry Potter,

hehe, My younger sisters are reading these and are claiming they are the best books ever. I think I said that once about harry potter...

Did anyone read magic tree house?

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

I said that on discord. That theory fled me when I met rev.

Well. . . Ok. 

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Oh, I miss elementary school so much. Remember recess?

Yes!

1 minute ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Yes...

I would sit in the library and read...

Oh, that's why I would read outside during fifth grade! We got a new librarian, and she was mean. The old one had been one of my favorite people ever.

But then I started hanging out with some cool kids, and we'd pretend to be adventurers and stuff, and we'd go find griffin eggs and other things like that. (I did stuff like that up through seventh grade, if we're being honest here.) 

What were your guys's favorite books in elementary school? Mine were Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Septimus Heap, Fablehaven, and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel. (This was a genuine list I had, by the way.) 

Oh, and there was that one time I tried to start a book club! But everyone read really slowly, and so I got bored. And in the end, only one person showed up regularly, and I think he might have liked me. I have some really weird, random memories of this kid.

Reveal hidden contents

Talk about nostalgia...

Percy Jackson was the series that got me into reading, so it had a special place in my heart. 

47 minutes ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Percy Jackson was the series that got me into reading, so it had a special place in my heart. 

Me too!

48 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

I read a few, but not very many. I remember reading the Titanic one, though.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Not usually, I'm not technically allowed to, and I usually end up reading the newspaper.  Well, skimming the newspaper.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Probably Narnia and The Boxcar Children.  Oh, and American Girl doll books.  I read so many of those.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

My favorites were Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter was my first obsession, and then I read Lord of the Rings. I didn't really appreciate LOTR at first because it was more difficult to read, but by the end of elementary school I was basically a die hard fan. I still love Harry Potter and LOTR, and that's a good thing because my room is basically covered in merchandise that I started buying back then. I have a ridiculous amount...It's honestly kind of concerning. But my room looks epic now so I don't care.

However, I am kind of embarrassed of the other fandom I was in. I was one of those kids that read Warrior cats and roleplayed as cats on Animal Jam (and maybe in real life too). I feel like every school had a warrior cat kid, and, unfortunately, that was me. I only read the first 4 before literally rage quitting because I couldn't handle my favorite character dying, but those 4 books were enough to make me crazy.

53 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

My favorites were Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter was my first obsession, and then I read Lord of the Rings. I didn't really appreciate LOTR at first because it was more difficult to read, but by the end of elementary school I was basically a die hard fan. I still love Harry Potter and LOTR, and that's a good thing because my room is basically covered in merchandise that I started buying back then. I have a ridiculous amount...It's honestly kind of concerning. But my room looks epic now so I don't care.

However, I am kind of embarrassed of the other fandom I was in. I was one of those kids that read Warrior cats and roleplayed as cats on Animal Jam (and maybe in real life too). I feel like every school had a warrior cat kid, and, unfortunately, that was me. I only read the first 4 before literally rage quitting because I couldn't handle my favorite character dying, but those 4 books were enough to make me crazy.

Wow. Even now I can barely make it through LotR. I definitely couldn't have made it through  in elementary school. I listened to it on audio, but I've still never read it.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Sprinkle said:

Wow. Even now I can barely make it through LotR. I definitely couldn't have made it through  in elementary school. I listened to it on audio, but I've still never read it.

Yeah, I struggled through it a lot on the first read through. But after I read through it once I appreciated it a lot and that's when I became a fan. I also watched the movies like hundreds of times.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Me too!

I read a few, but not very many. I remember reading the Titanic one, though.

Awesome!

9 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

hehe, My younger sisters are reading these and are claiming they are the best books ever. I think I said that once about harry potter...

Um, yes! That series though. . . Doesn’t the series have like two hundred books or something? It’s crazy long.