Similarities between Honor and Cultivation’s Vessel’s names

Knight of Iron

Something I noticed when it is revealed that Cultivation’s Vessel’s name is Korellium Avast is that it shares the same “Avast” as Tanavast, her late husband.

Did Korellium add Avast to her name as part of a marriage to Tanavast, and so the Avast part of Tanavast is actually his last name? So Tan is his first name, and it got melded together?

Did anyone else notice this? Does anyone have any alternate theories?

Something I haven't really seen anyone talk about: Was Tanavast a dragon? If Cultivation is a dragon then it would make sense that he was one too, but we haven't heard anything about that. Though If he was just a human that married a dragon then he must have been one impressive specimen.

17 minutes ago, seriodor said:

Something I haven't really seen anyone talk about: Was Tanavast a dragon? If Cultivation is a dragon then it would make sense that he was one too, but we haven't heard anything about that. Though If he was just a human that married a dragon then he must have been one impressive specimen.

I've seen people saying Cultivation is a dragon. I'm guessing I was just shell-shocked from some other crazy thing happening in the book, but where did we learn that fact?

3 minutes ago, Harrycrapper said:

I've seen people saying Cultivation is a dragon. I'm guessing I was just shell-shocked from some other crazy thing happening in the book, but where did we learn that fact?

It's a combination of things, Hoid said there was only one person on Roshar as old as he is in a previous book, which one would assume is Cultivation because they're both pre-shattering beings. He also said that there's one dragon on Roshar. Brandon said that he was talking about the same person each time. Also during Todium's PoV he noted that she was hiding a true form.

Edited by seriodor
a word

Just now, seriodor said:

It's a combination of things, Hoid said there was only one person on Roshar as old as he is in a previous book, which one would assume is Cultivation because they're both pre-shattering beings. He also said that there's one dragon on Roshar. Brandon said that he was talking about the same person each time. Also during Todium's PoV he noted that she was hiding a true form with.

Ah, yea the Hoid chapter was almost completely lost on me initially. In my last push to finish the book, I stayed up until 3am and just couldn't quite process what I was reading at that point. I only realized some of the more important bits when they were discussed here. I guess that's another bit that went right over my head.