Lift’s request to Cultivation

Jasqueen

1 minute ago, Jasqueen said:

Sure does, actually between you you’ve convinced me. 

I’ve been thinking a lot about blending opposites for strength. Anyone have any theories on why honorspren manifest as playful windscreen when they are known for being stodgy? 

I think windspren are an original Roshar spren, pre-Shattering, pre-Honor and Cultivation. Honor altered windspren to create Honorspren to make his pet spren directly related to the Highstorm. 

So Honorspren manifest as windspren because they ARE windspren. They are stodgy because their entire current population was created by Stormfather after the previous population were killed in the Recreance. The current honorspren are more like Stormfather than the original honorspren, which were probably more diverse, or at least more like Syl.

On 09/12/2020 at 0:34 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

She has Peter Pan syndrome and body dysmorphia.

Agree. And certainly some young girls develop anorexia to stave off puberty. A very dark idea that Lyft and her spren kick about and decide is impossible bc of her need to fuel her life light :/

2 minutes ago, Leuthie said:

I think windspren are an original Roshar spren, pre-Shattering, pre-Honor and Cultivation. Honor altered windspren to create Honorspren to make his pet spren directly related to the Highstorm. 

Interesting theory. Related, why do spren mimic humans? 

On 12/9/2020 at 0:34 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

She has Peter Pan syndrome and body dysmorphia. Two completely different conditions. She’s not trans; she has expressed no problems with her gender, just her biological age.

And I HATED puberty. 

I think these issues fit the bill for Lift. I am another who was none too excited. It was pretty hard to be in front of a mirror hours a day in ballet class once I had clearly developed a, shall we say, much more mature figure than all the other dancers. I had to wear several layers of sports bras and it was still uncomfortable and embarrassing.

By the time I was 16 I just quit and my self esteem improved greatly.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:11 PM, Leuthie said:

Lift asked to not change. That's antithesis to Cultivation, so to offset the request, she made Lift hers. Lift can't take in Stormlight. She has to eat and make use of the Lifelight produced.

I see the death of Tanavast as a sacrifice Tanavast made. I see Cultivation setting herself up for her own sacrifice and setting Lift up as the new Vessel; a Vessel that resists change herself, yet uses her powers to propagate change in others.

OOOOO i like this one.

I personally feel that trend in the three recipients of embracing the nature of the shard but also being instilled with the ability to resist it/ not be controlled by it. I see this as a very likely possibility