• Navani Kholin
    • Elhokar Kholin
    • Jasnah Kholin
    • Gavinor Kholin
    • Shallan Kholin
    • Aesudan Kholin
    • Kaves Kholin

On 12/7/2020 at 3:13 AM, Ookla the Uscritic said:

On that note, how did anyone vote for Gavilar after Navani's perspective on the epilogue? I hate that guy.

Prologue! Who voted for Kaves? Why?

P.S. wow, that's a really obscure reference in your Ookla name

Ew, who voted for Elhokar (don't answer that, you like Elhokar, that's... nice, my opinion on him can be summed up as ew)

Edited by Honorless

I know, Dalinar-Adolin-Renarin-Jasnah-Navani are some of my favorite Kholins as main characters, but for me it's always Evi who'll triumph over them as 'in the' family. 

She's the purest character I've ever read and her sheer strength has been undermined throughout whole book. She travelled to another end of world, married to a warlord who thirsted for battle more than love and then did whatever she could to blend into Alethi culture even though she was always strown as an object of mockery by Vorin women (looking at you Navani and Ialai). Evi was left-handed but she freaking changed it along with her accent! She raised Adolin and Renarin in absence of Dalinar, and now you wonder why both of these boys also have a gentle heart and do not relish like their father used to. No matter whatever came forth, she always loved her husband and family fiercely. 

And it was because of Evi's distant echoing strength, Dalinar was able to speak his third Ideal and push back against Odium. I know the Kholins are our favorite but we should never forget this women whose direct and indirect presence pull strings of this story together for this family.