Quick Fix Game 49: Chaos in Newcago

Straw

Well Done Elims!

@Ookla the ParadoxicalNice job pocketing everyone :P. I basically had no suspicion on you (or at least I wanted to believe I didn't), and then...I made my ISO...and...well, I would vote me out if I saw...someone post that... I- .was just like "but I don't wanna" and I didn't want too! :P. You're a lot of fun to play with and I hope you sign up for more games :P. 
I guess we know the answer about the bad math problem, don't we? :P. 

@Gears, I- I noticed that my biggest problem with reading you is...I don't....ever...fully read your posts. (not that I think I would be able to read you anyways) you seemed to take a very different turn from your last Elim game, where...there you seemed to Appeal to Emotion, and here...you posted basically just Analysis. I have no idea how to compare this to your village play. none whatsoever. at all. yeah. :P. I think there's going to be some people that I just can never read :P. Like Araris

@Liranil I also had fun playing with you and watching you play and think :P. I hope you stick around for more games :P. 

All in all I despise Marsons because I do I hate them and I hope I can convince myself to never play one again, because they're awful and I hate them :P. Fun playing with yall though :P. 

@Elandera, @Ookla the Grammatical.... Er, Sorry for tunnelling on you guys so hard :P. 

EDIT:

Thanks. I knew that that pfp looked female.

Suuuuure :P. 

EDIT EDIT: 

I take pride in being the most common name in the Elim Doc (as far as I can see) (even if most of it was talking about how I'm an easy ML :P.)

Edited by Ooklil' the Wei

3 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Well, now I can point to this game anytime someone says I'm sus for being "too hedgy" XD 

This is what, your third game? Don't think early games will hold that much weight in the future :P.

"Hey, I was hedgy in QF49!" 

"Quinn,  it's been two years since then!"

Edited by Ooklil' the Wei

Special thanks to the following:

• All of the active players, for making this game fun.
  • The dead players, for providing some interesting discussion in the dead doc.
  • Archer and Liranil, for having a good performance in their first game.
  • Devotary, for IMing.
  • Danex, for subbing in.
  • Araris, for putting up with being an elim in one of my games for the fourth time in a row. I've RNGed it every time and he keeps on getting picked for the elim team.
  • GeneralHankerchief, for inventing this game's rules. Marson for Champs 2021!!!

GM Thoughts

I think that the way this game played out was interesting, and I liked having a decently small player size. One thing that I really enjoyed about this ruleset was how people got to stay alive a bit longer in general, since elim kills weren't happening every cycle. The big group of kills at the end of C3 didn't have as much of an impact as I'd expected, probably because they weren't on players that were a focus of discussion. I think that it'd be interesting to see this game's elim kill mechanic in a larger game. I also think it'd be neat to see more of this elim kill mechanic in general. There are a lot of ways to alter it or expand on it.

Good game. QFs are hectic and too fast and voting seems mandatory even though it isn't, but this was fun. Thank you @Straw for running this. It was quite enjoyable. 

@Ooklil' the Wei, I played differently because in my first elim game, I had been caught from the beginning. Quinn should have gotten me lynched right away. All logic and analysis pointed to killing me. Therefore, I had to appeal to emotion. This game, I had very little suspicion on me, so analysis could point to other people safely. 

@Ookla the Paradoxical, you did wonderfully. I dare say you were the driving cause of our victory. All hail, and please return for future games.

@Ookla the Grammatical, you were right. It doesn't mean much, in the end, but you were right.

Surprise! Good game, everybody. Shoutout to Gears and Araris for having fabulous killer instincts, it was nice having two tactically minded and experienced mentors by my side. Thanks to those who trusted me or gave me some leeway for being new, I apologize for manipulating y’all. Congratulations to everyone who made very valid observations about my vote switching, questionable assumptions, and bad math. You were too dangerous to let live. I now realize how powerful deduction can be; after being forced to switch my vote to save Gears in the first round, I spent the rest of the game stressing about the trail of clues we were leaving. It just so happened that other people were being even more suspicious. I stand by my assertion that people should vote more though. There were a couple of rounds when the elims cast nearly half of the votes. I feel like our influence could have been diluted if more people had voted. That said, being aggressive on that front worked out in our favour this time around. A massive thank you to Straw for running this! I appreciate the musical outro, although I’m a little concerned you had to turn to Google to find songs about fire. I feel like you should be able to come up with some off the top of your head, or maybe I just have a pyrotechnic playlist. And thanks to Devotary of Spontaneity as well, I saw ya lurking about. Although it looks like you lived in the dead doc, so I never saw you. This is a fun game, and I will certainly be back for more!

A few notes from reading the dead doc:

I made a few mistakes and realized them about two seconds after hitting post. The math thing was one. Adding an unnecessary fifth vote was another, I thought it was the fourth.

I used a Word doc to make charts. And lots of tabbing.

I didn’t understand the Somebody bandwagon either.

And if driving the conversation is an elim indicator, I didn't realize, and that's probably a good thing. :D 

Good game to everyone! I said in the elim doc, but Gears and Archer mostly carried our team this game, and I was particularly impressed with Archer. I also remembered how brutally fast QF games are, so I probably won't play another one until it's been a year or so and I've forgotten this one :). I liked the kill mechanic (and the part where people got to live longer, especially with no N1 kill), and it reminded me of a role I had in a previous game. I think that was a Reckoners themed game where I blew people up, but it's been a while. Many thanks to Straw for GMing!

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Araris Valerian said:

Good game to everyone! I said in the elim doc, but Gears and Archer mostly carried our team this game, and I was particularly impressed with Archer. I also remembered how brutally fast QF games are, so I probably won't play another one until it's been a year or so and I've forgotten this one :). I liked the kill mechanic (and the part where people got to live longer, especially with no N1 kill), and it reminded me of a role I had in a previous game. I think that was a Reckoners themed game where I blew people up, but it's been a while. Many thanks to Straw for GMing!

You were indeed the Demolitionist in LG16. You blew up three people. :P

And the elim win streak continues! Congratulations to Araris, Gears, and Archer, the Reckoners. You took down the Epics quickly and efficiently. Thanks to Straw for another fantastic game!

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: