Quick Fix Game 49: Chaos in Newcago

Straw

10 hours ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

So, uh. ookla the paradoxical. 
Reasoning? Basically none, just an extremely strong gut read. Connie is kinda seeming twtbaw to me, and I was dead wrong about Elandera, so might as well go with my gut. 

BTW, please put all votes in former names instead of Ookla names.

Sorry, I thought I had posted last cycle. I guess I'm really not used to QF. If it seems like I'm not posting enough, feel free to tag me.

I'm voting Condensation. If she's village, we probably die. If she's elim, I think Danex or Araris could be elims as well. I don't know what to think about Archer. Them still feeling neutral puts them on my suspicion list because of how much they've posted.

Sorry for not posting for hours, I was at robotics then sleeping. So, we are at LyLo [8 players, 5-3, they doused one last cycle, they'll douse on this cycle and ignite, we lynch one, we're at 2-3, we lose]. I don't understand the Condensation lynch. Maybe I've just been a bit absent-minded and not paying attention, but I don't get it. Maybe a post analysis will help. [This is future Gears, I understand the Condensation lynch now. Huzzah!]

Last cycle's posts:

1. Archer: Votes Vapor for their C3 vote.
  2. Liranil: Vaguely confused
  3. Archer: Concerned about reaching LyLo without a lynch target. 
  4. Liranil: Very unsure.
  5. Gears: Post analysis, votes Elandera for voting based on gut.
  6. Elandera: Reads, votes Condensation for panic and lack of commitment
  7. Condensation: Exists, voted once, quite busy. [Notes that 3 things taken collectively could imply elim!Condensation, doesn't really have great explanations.]
  8. Araris: Will vote later.
  9. Danex: Votes Elandera for null reads but on Condensation
  10. Condensation: Agrees, but doesn't vote Elandera [which emphasizes that "lack of commitment" thing Elandera pointed out].
  11. Elandera: Mislynches aren't evidence since elims wouldn't be on mislynches. No evidence against anyone but Connie. 
  12. Liranil: Thinks Elandera and Archer are elims together, votes Elandera.
  13. Archer: Votes Condensation since they are more suspicious than Elandera
  14. Araris: Votes Condensation because Elandera has contributed more
  15. Condensation: Vote count?
  16. Game Master: Vote count.
  17. Condensation: Votes Elandera for self-preservation.
  18. Liranil: Votes have reasoning, what do you mean, Condensation?
  19. Condensation: Archer doesn't have much reasoning.
  20. Archer: RP.

Okay, the Condensation lynch has limited merit. However, I don't feel confident about it. Of the seven people who are not me, 3 are elims. There are 4 votes on Condensation. This is LyLo. The village has been relatively split this whole time. I don't trust this. However, I don't suspect Archer, the only other vote candidate at this time that has a chance of reaching 4 votes. I also don't want a tie, since that is extremely vulnerable to an elim hammer. Therefore, I must vote Condensation despite my reservations because they are the only lynch target with any evidence against them and to prevent a tie and hammer.

32 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Ookla the Grammatical/Condensation: (5) Archer, Araris Valerian, Vapor, Experience, Gears

Ookla the Paradoxical/Archer: (2) Danex, Condensation

Thanks!

Okay, so here's the thing. At this point, I'm the only one who hasn't voted. I know I'm village, so I know that all three elims have already voted. That guarantees that one elim has voted for Condensation... which to me means that Condensation is probably not an elim, since the elims could try to tie it on Archer. So here's my thought. Either Archer is an elim and at least one elim voted for Condensation or they're both village. (Unless this is a tricky play trying to get me to vote Archer so that the elims can switch last minute.)

I also think Archer is trying to pocket me maybe? Because I've been sussing them for a while and then at the beginning of this round they said they trusted me and my thoughts. 

Thoughts on that, anyone? 

1 minute ago, Liranil said:

Thanks!

Okay, so here's the thing. At this point, I'm the only one who hasn't voted. I know I'm village, so I know that all three elims have already voted. That guarantees that one elim has voted for Condensation... which to me means that Condensation is probably not an elim, since the elims could try to tie it on Archer. So here's my thought. Either Archer is an elim and at least one elim voted for Condensation or they're both village. (Unless this is a tricky play trying to get me to vote Archer so that the elims can switch last minute.)

I also think Archer is trying to pocket me maybe? Because I've been sussing them for a while and then at the beginning of this round they said they trusted me and my thoughts. 

Thoughts on that, anyone? 

Here's my question(and I hate to ask this because it's a case against me) how do you know that one elim has voted for me?

That could be true, or they just haven't noticed you sussing them. :P It could happen.

I think one of three things are happening right now. Best case scenario is Danex, Connie, and Liranil are elims. (Liranil of 0 for 2 on voting the right elims, but they went Elandera three times in a row, which I don’t think an elim would do. And they're talking about their vote, when they could just submit one near the end and not give people time enough to scrutinize it.) More likely, Danex, Connie, and someone like Vapor are elims. The last person is ready to switch last minute and force the tie, but is holding off to see if a 3:5 situation happens. They need at least one village vote to have a chance.

There’s also the possibility of a bus. This round they kill Connie and she flips elim. They kill off Araris and I as well with the research action. That makes it 2:3. They then get another village vote, which would be hard but not impossible, and use their research to kill another villager. That makes it 2:1 and they win. I can envision the calculation being that Connie is toast anyway so might as well get credit for the kill and accuse anyone who voted for me next time.

Liranil, your vote on Connie would be very reassuring. And bring us to a 100% voting rate for the round, which makes the strategist in me happy. 

39 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Here's my question(and I hate to ask this because it's a case against me) how do you know that one elim has voted for me?

Sorry, I wasn't completely explicit in my reasoning! Seven people have voted so far out of eight. I am the eighth, and I know I'm a villager, so that means that three of the seven who have voted are elims. Only two people have voted for Archer, and even if both of them are elims, that still leaves one elim, and since everyone else has voted for you, then at least one elim had to have voted for you. 

Out of this entire game, that is the only thing I feel 100% confident about. Because humans might lie but math won't. :D

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradoxical said:

Liranil, your vote on Connie would be very reassuring. And bring us to a 100% voting rate for the round, which makes the strategist in me happy. 

Ah, putting on the pressuuuure. I promise I will vote, although I still want to give my brain a chance to come up with a good solution (as unlikely as that is). 

Here's the thing that's making me hesitate. There's nothing to say only 1 elim has voted for Condensation. Could be all three, could be just one, idk. And as Araris pointed out earlier... 

18 hours ago, Ookla the Araris Valerian said:

Given that there are only 5 villagers left, I'd be pretty skeptical of any lynch that managed to get 6 votes on it.

...any person that has 6 votes or more is pretty much guaranteed to be village. They could flip over to Archer last minute, yeah, but at this point, they just need to get one more villager down. 

Plus, I feel like Condensation isn't an elim, which would mean that there are more than one elim votes on them. The main issue here would be if both Condensation and Archer are villagers. 

I also have a question for @Straw. If we vote off someone that the elims have researched and choose to kill this round, does our person with the second highest votes die, or do we get our vote first?

12 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Sorry, I wasn't completely explicit in my reasoning! Seven people have voted so far out of eight. I am the eighth, and I know I'm a villager, so that means that three of the seven who have voted are elims. Only two people have voted for Archer, and even if both of them are elims, that still leaves one elim, and since everyone else has voted for you, then at least one elim had to have voted for you. 

Out of this entire game, that is the only thing I feel 100% confident about. Because humans might lie but math won't. :D

Plus, I feel like Condensation isn't an elim, which would mean that there are more than one elim votes on them. The main issue here would be if both Condensation and Archer are villagers. 

Thanks for reasoning that out, I was having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. And math will never lie.

That could be a problem. We need to kill an elim this cycle(or depending on the answer to that question, someone the elims haven't researched - which is very obviously not me since they can probably get a mislynch on me) or we're done.

Edit: Have, not haven't researched. Thanks, Liranil.

Edited by Ookla the Grammatical

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Sorry, misspoke. My bad, thanks for catching that.

But see, that could have been a Freudian slip of your elim brain saying what you actually want us to do...

When I say that I don't know what to think and I'm confused, this is what's happening in my brain. XD 

2 minutes ago, Liranil said:

But see, that could have been a Freudian slip of your elim brain saying what you actually want us to do...

When I say that I don't know what to think and I'm confused, this is what's happening in my brain. XD 

Yeah, eventually everything turns into an IKYK for my brain. 

I mean, it could have been. It wasn't, though.

The city was on fire, and the Reckoners had won. Max, Crasher, and Mori were driving away from the city, having finished off most of the remaining Lesser Epics. Only two had managed to escape. As they drove away, Crasher turned on his radio and put on a song.

"We didn't start the fire
It was always burning..."

Condensation has died! She was a Lesser Epic.
Liranil has died! She was a Lesser Epic.
Danex has died! He was a Lesser Epic.

Vote Count

Condensation (5): Araris Valerian, Archer, Experience, Gears, Vapor
Archer (3): Condensation, Liranil, Danex

GM Notes

• The game is over!!! Thanks for playing!
  • Congratulations to Araris Valerian, Archer, and Gears!!!
  • GM thoughts up sometime.

Documents and Spreadsheets

Player List

Spoiler

1. A Joe in the Bush - Endless Wrath Lesser Epic
2. Araris Valerian - Max Reckoner
3. Archer - Crasher Reckoner
4. Condensation - Fritz Lesser Epic
5. Elandera Lesser Epic
6. Experience Lesser Epic
7. Gears - Mori Reckoner
8. Illwei Lesser Epic