Quick Fix Game 49: Chaos in Newcago

Straw

Basics

Spoiler
  • PMs are closed.
  • Tied votes are decided randomly. There is no vote minimum.
  • If you don't post for two cycles in a row, you get a pinch hitter.
  • This game requires exactly 15 players. If it's full, please consider signing up as a pinch hitter!

Factions

Spoiler

Lesser Epics: There are exactly 12 Lesser Epics. Your goal is to kill all the Reckoners.

Reckoners: There are exactly 3 Reckoners. Your goal is to have more living players than the Lesser Epics. You have a Google Doc to plan in. Each cycle, you can research one Lesser Epic and figure out how to kill them. Only members of the Reckoners will know about this. Three times per game, you can enact your plans and kill every player you've researched. You can choose whether you enact your plans before or after researching that cycle's target. You are not allowed to enact your plans on the first cycle, as you are still setting up operations in the city.

Ookla Season

Spoiler

1. If you change your name, please change your title to your former username or put your former username in your signature.
2. If you change your name, please do not also change your profile picture.
3. Please vote for all players using their former usernames. I will disregard all votes that are on Ooklas.
4. Please use former usernames for all PMs.

Welcome to Quick Fix Game 49! I am the GM for this game. @Ookla the Hypodecadal is the IM.

Signups will end on December 6th at 5:00 PM EST. This will probably be the normal rollover time. If I do not have the requisite 15 players by that date, the signups will continue until there are 15 players.

Since it's Ookla season, please make sure to check the Ookla rules above. I'll also have everyone's non-Ookla name in the player list.

This ruleset was originally created by GeneralHankerchief. This game is a flavored rerun of these games from Mafia Universe.

RP Background: You're one of the Lesser Epics in Newcago (or you're pretending to be one). Some of the Reckoners have infiltrated your group, using technology to emulate powers. If you want, you can tell me your powers, weakness, or come up with how the Reckoners would kill you. Just PM it to me or @mention me.

Spectator List

Spoiler

1. @Ookla's Dice (Matrim's Dice)
2. @Ookla the Bored (Shard of Reading)

Pinch Hitter List

Player List

Spoiler

1. @Lord_Silberfarben
2. @Ookla the Shadowed (Experience)
3. @Ookla the Grammatical (Condensation) - Fritz
4. @Somebody from Sel - Sal Cómin
5. @Ookla the Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian) - Max
6. @Quinn0928 - Starstrike
7. @Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei)
8. @Liranil - Natalie
9. @Ookla the Paradoxical (Archer) - Crasher
10. @Vapor - Vanessa
11. @TJ Shade
12. @The Windrunner Supreme
13. @A Joe in the Bush - Endless Wrath
14. @Gears - Mori
15. @Elandera

Quick Links

Edited by Elandera

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

I'll play as Sal Cómin, AKA The Dreadnaught. Powers: Super Strength and indestructibility. Weakness: He can only be killed with a weapon made of obsidian.

Problem: I want to play this, but it starts during finals week. Solution: If you get more than 15 hopefuls, bump me down to pinch-hitter. Signing up as Mori. "Powers": Can manipulate perception rate/speed of thought. Weakness: When information they possess, trust, and believe is revealed to be wrong.

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

Wearing... socks... 

Well, I guess mine's not exactly normal either

Hey, there was that one Epic whose weakness was Kool Aid. My guy's powers go away when he has socks on! :P 

14 minutes ago, Liranil said:

I haven't done one of these before, but I'd like to sign-up! I'm confused though, are we supposed to post about our powers here? Or is that something the Reckoners are supposed to figure out?

The Epic powers that you’re seeing are solely for fun and RP. The Reckoners ‘figuring them out’ is a flavor way of adding them to the kill list, I believe.

If you have any other questions, just ask! Welcome to SE! :) 

Thanks for the ping, Mat. I would like to sign up please! OOC you can call me Archer. I'll brainstorm a character and get back to you shortly with it. 

Also this is my first time doing SE. Does anyone have an old game PM they'd be willing to add me to? I keep seeing references to roleplaying but I'm getting the sense it happens mostly behind the scenes. I'd like to take a look at an example to see how it's done.

43 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradoxical said:

Thanks for the ping, Mat. I would like to sign up please! OOC you can call me Archer. I'll brainstorm a character and get back to you shortly with it. 

Also this is my first time doing SE. Does anyone have an old game PM they'd be willing to add me to? I keep seeing references to roleplaying but I'm getting the sense it happens mostly behind the scenes. I'd like to take a look at an example to see how it's done.

RP normally just happens in the thread, but it's usually scattered around.

Some RP-heavy games to look at, if you want RP examples:

• LG30 (Stormlight)
  • LG18/LG33/LG65 (King Killer Chronicles)
  • LG1 (Mistborn) (also a good game to read through in general, since it gives you a solid idea of what a typical game is like)

As a note, all of those examples are Long Games, which tend to have more RP. Quick Fixes like this game tend to be a bit lighter on RP, because the cycles are far shorter.

Looking at the player list, it's filled up far more quickly than I expected (12/15 in four hours), so I'm making the following change to the start date:

Instead of starting on December 11th, the game will now start on December 6th, or December 7th if some extra time is needed.

This change should give us enough time to get to 15 players + some pinch hitters, while not leaving us sitting around waiting for too long.

Pinging the current player list below:

@Ookla's Dice @Ookla the Shadowed @Ookla the Grammatical @Somebody from Sel @Ookla the Araris Valerian @Quinn0928 @Ooklil' the Wei @Liranil @Ookla the Paradoxical @Vapor @Gears @Elandera

16 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Oh dear. AG sign ups are going to be like this right? Except we don't get to see them. 

Sign me up too. And I have no idea what powers you guys are speaking about as I haven't read the books. :P

The AG has a much higher player cap, so it doesn't fill anywhere near as quickly.

Just typical superhero (or in this case, supervillain) powers. Your weakness is something that makes your powers disappear.

9 minutes ago, The Windrunner Supreme said:

Same. Im going to worry about the long game more

To clarify, you do want to sign up?

2 hours ago, Ookla's Dice said:

The Epic powers that you’re seeing are solely for fun and RP. The Reckoners ‘figuring them out’ is a flavor way of adding them to the kill list, I believe.

If you have any other questions, just ask! Welcome to SE! :) 

Okay, thanks! :)

My character is Natalie, aka Hypnolia, and she has hypnotic powers. Her weakness is having her picture taken.