5 years (and three days)...

That is how long it has been since I made one of the best internet-related decisions I have ever made: creating an account on the 17th Shard. 

I am incredibly happy (and incredibly grateful) for having been able to be a part of this community during these 5 years. Before I was active on here, I was a member of the Bulbagarden Forums (Pokémon-themed forum). There I met an interesting guy who who I discussed fantasy and superheroes with. He told me to check out this great fantasy author named Brandon Sanderson, who wrote books in a setting called the Cosmere. I was also informed to be on the lookout for a character called Hoid. I read the samples of Mistborn: The Final Empire on Brandons website, and then got the books. One thing led to the next, and suddenly, the 1st of december, 2015, I made an account on the 17th Shard to ask a question about Axies the Collector. 

Since then it has been a great five years, filled with "who-would-win" debates, wit battles, rap battles, hemalurgic beavers, debates about Amaram, discussions on media in general and the massive lead-up events to Oathbringer and Rhythm of War. I have tons of fond memories, thanks to a lot of people. As is custom with some of these kinds of threads, I will tag some of them: @Nathrangking, @Calderis, @Steeldancer, @Extesian, @Pathfinder, @maxal, @Ookla the Mok Turtle Soup and a ton of others. Thanks to you all. Also, thank you to all the mods, and also Chaos, of course (who I won't tag because I imagine that he is quite busy). 

Anyway, that was mostly it I think. Thank you again, and here is to five more years!

1 minute ago, Toaster Retribution said:

That is how long it has been since I made one of the best internet-related decisions I have ever made: creating an account on the 17th Shard. 

I am incredibly happy (and incredibly grateful) for having been able to be a part of this community during these 5 years. Before I was active on here, I was a member of the Bulbagarden Forums (Pokémon-themed forum). There I met an interesting guy who who I discussed fantasy and superheroes with. He told me to check out this great fantasy author named Brandon Sanderson, who wrote books in a setting called the Cosmere. I was also informed to be on the lookout for a character called Hoid. I read the samples of Mistborn: The Final Empire on Brandons website, and then got the books. One thing led to the next, and suddenly, the 1st of december, 2015, I made an account on the 17th Shard to ask a question about Axies the Collector. 

Since then it has been a great five years, filled with "who-would-win" debates, wit battles, rap battles, hemalurgic beavers, debates about Amaram, discussions on media in general and the massive lead-up events to Oathbringer and Rhythm of War. I have tons of fond memories, thanks to a lot of people. As is custom with some of these kinds of threads, I will tag some of them: @Nathrangking, @Calderis, @Steeldancer, @Extesian, @Pathfinder, @maxal, @Ookla the Mok Turtle Soup and a ton of others. Thanks to you all. Also, thank you to all the mods, and also Chaos, of course (who I won't tag because I imagine that he is quite busy). 

Anyway, that was mostly it I think. Thank you again, and here is to five more years!

5 years!!! that is a long time... Congrats!!!

Edited by Chasmgoat

6 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Indeed here is to many more years!! It seems like a short time yet an eternity ago since we first met. You have made things awesome @Toaster Retribution!!!

Continue to be your awesome self and all hail the hemalurgic beaver overlords!!!!

Congrats you wiley Toaster you! 

Whenever I see your username, I always think of the Toaster in Hardware Wars with the voice over "See incredible celestial battles ablaze with death dealing weaponry". 

This was not easy to do, but then again the important things in life rarely are, in honor of your 5 year anniversary I made a gif of the Toaster firing in Hardware Wars using my cellphone screen capture. This one's for you @Toaster Retribution

20201204_132124.gif.d4e825c584928ed280bbaa0db4ade609.gif

Here's a link to the video spoilered below. The important bit with the Toaster firing is 1:01 into the video. 

4 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

ummm... I just looked it up and apparently, toasters have a lifespan of 6-8 years so... your time is nearly up...

Uh oh... well, I am a Fullborn toaster, so I can probably handle it (fun fact though, the toaster on my profile pic is dead and gone, sad but true). 

4 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Indeed here is to many more years!! It seems like a short time yet an eternity ago since we first met. You have made things awesome @Toaster Retribution!!!

Continue to be your awesome self and all hail the hemalurgic beaver overlords!!!!

Thanks, and the same to you, you are awesome! All hail the nathrangs (what do those even look like anyway?)!

3 hours ago, Ookla the Mok Turtle Soup said:

Congrats you wiley Toaster you! 

Whenever I see your username, I always think of the Toaster in Hardware Wars with the voice over "See incredible celestial battles ablaze with death dealing weaponry". 

This was not easy to do, but then again the important things in life rarely are, in honor of your 5 year anniversary I made a gif of the Toaster firing in Hardware Wars using my cellphone screen capture. This one's for you @Toaster Retribution

Haha, wow, that GIF is great!! That totally made my day! The video was fun as well... someone should do a high budget version of that, it would be hilarious. And I must say, your GIF-making skills are seriously impressive. I can't make one on my computer, so props to you! And thanks for being great!