Romance Novels/Romantic Books

Condensation

4 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I love romance novels. Say what you will about The Fault in Our Stars or Twilight, but I absolutely love them. Anyone else? And do you have recommendations?

I really enjoyed Daughter of the Pirate King.

I’m not usually into romance, but I have The Fault in Our Stars on my bookshelf. Connie says I should read it, so I’ll pick it up soon. :) then I can join the discussion. 

4 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Daughter of The Empire by Raymond E Feist (Good book not much romance the second one has a bunch Also the second has to but it delicately lots of "Mating" scene so be warned)

The Paper Magician by Charlie N Holmberg

Some would say The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is romance

The Wise Mans fear by Patrick Rothfuss ( Sequel to Name Of The Wind )

I don't like Romance but I thought that might help ;)

Thanks! I'll write those down.

Do you like period romance? Sara Eden writes some fun ones based in Regency England. Julianne Donaldson and Jennifer Moore also do some fun regency period romances. 

I also really like one called Counting Stars by Michelle Paige Holmes. There are 2 sequels to that that are pretty decent as well. Rachel Nunes writes some good ones too. (Note that these are LDS romances and while not always totally overt, if you aren’t into that religion then maybe these aren’t for you.)

I will throw out a second for The Paper Magician series. Fantastic reads. Short. But super interesting and different. The author was actually a student of Brandon’s I believe. The romance is fun, but it also contains a unique magic system. 

Colleen Houck wrote a YA series called Tiger’s Curse that I mostly liked. Love triangles. Based in Indian culture (though I doubt some of the accuracy a bit and wonder if it was just used to try to get a “different” setting.) 

There are some good YA dystopians that have some good romance in them. I can’t remember all of them off the top of my head. Matched is the first of a trilogy. I think another series starts with one called The Selection. 

And if you are willing to look into Middle Grade (which I actually still have a weakness/guilty pleasure for) look into Jessica Day George and ED Baker.

Edited by Philomath
Remembered a few more authors

5 hours ago, Philomath said:

Do you like period romance? Sara Eden writes some fun ones based in Regency England. Julianne Donaldson and Jennifer Moore also do some fun regency period romances. 

I also really like one called Counting Stars by Michelle Paige Holmes. There are 2 sequels to that that are pretty decent as well. Rachel Nunes writes some good ones too. (Note that these are LDS romances and while not always totally overt, if you aren’t into that religion then maybe these aren’t for you.)

I will throw out a second for The Paper Magician series. Fantastic reads. Short. But super interesting and different. The author was actually a student of Brandon’s I believe. The romance is fun, but it also contains a unique magic system. 

Colleen Houck wrote a YA series called Tiger’s Curse that I mostly liked. Love triangles. Based in Indian culture (though I doubt some of the accuracy a bit and wonder if it was just used to try to get a “different” setting.) 

There are some good YA dystopians that have some good romance in them. I can’t remember all of them off the top of my head. Matched is the first of a trilogy. I think another series starts with one called The Selection. 

And if you are willing to look into Middle Grade (which I actually still have a weakness/guilty pleasure for) look into Jessica Day George and ED Baker.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You've read Tiger's Curse?!?! I love that one! Yes, I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Matched is good, so is Counting Stars, and The Selections is the greatest!

We need to chat more, you're awesome! I can already tell based on your choice in books. ;)

4 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

I have to admit I hatted Rothfuss after I read book two because of Felurian (I hate romance and I read the book when I was 10) if you ever reread the first book, please re-think if you will ever read book 3?

I'm not going to reread the first book, because that might make me want to read the third book.

18 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You've read Tiger's Curse?!?! I love that one! Yes, I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Matched is good, so is Counting Stars, and The Selections is the greatest!

We need to chat more, you're awesome! I can already tell based on your choice in books. ;)

Ha ha. Well sorry I couldn’t offer up much new for you, but glad to know there are others who’ve read all of those too. We can definitely chat books anytime. 

1 hour ago, Philomath said:

Ha ha. Well sorry I couldn’t offer up much new for you, but glad to know there are others who’ve read all of those too. We can definitely chat books anytime. 

No, that's totally fine! I'm used to rereading things. :) I'd love to chat sometime, let me know if/when you want to.