Greetings!

TheAstronomer

Hey guys! I am a reader whose life was upturned this year-as in my reading taste took a massive turn, and I have been reading Brandon since September I guess. I just love his books. He's no doubt one of my favorite authors. I am glad to be here as well and talk to you all about Cosmere. Hope you all have a great day

Welcome to the Shard Astronomer! Hope you have an excellent day too! That's awesome you've gotten into Sanderson so much this year! They are definitely absolutely fantastic lovable books we can totally feel you there :D What caused the shift in reading taste?

And hey, favorite author as well! I think we found our match :P We are glad you are here to talk Cosmere as well and hope you find tons of awesome conversations to hope into!

Oh also one detail because corrections make you feel sooo welcomed :P Lols no biggie but mods prefer if you don't double post. You can tap the plus icon next to Quote on multiple peoples posts to quote them all at once in one mega post! Hope you enjoy the Shard!

Sando the man for the big epic plan, that's the way to do it! :P His book are absolutely awesome and big and epic are exactly what they are all about, so happy you found them and then us!

And totally no worries, it makes sense to post them in multiple you just don't really think about putting it in one until someone let's you know. That's exactly what we are here for and we have all done it at some point :D Happy to have you!

8 hours ago, TheAstronomer said:

@Ookla the Uscritic I wish I were a professional, but sadly I am not. Stars are my favorite thing in the whole world, besides books that is. And I am so glad to have found another space enthusiast!! 

I'm in the same boat. Maybe someday I can make it my career. Do you have a telescope? If so, what kind? 

1 hour ago, TheAstronomer said:

@Ookla the Uscritic I do not have a telescope. I trust my eyes, well my glasses, to read the night skies for me. If I have some a leftover cash after splurging in a library, I am sure to go get me a telescope :unsure:

That's cool. I live in a place with a lot of light pollution, so it's hard to appreciate the sky without the aid of some sort of 'scope. Sorry to derail your intro thread with discussions of space, but are you excited for the great conjunction on the solstice?

1 minute ago, TheAstronomer said:

@Ookla the Uscritic Oh please don't apologize. It's good to find people who love space. 

The conjunction sounds fascinating, and I can't wait! 

Agreed! Space is generally underappreciated, I find.

Between the Geminids and the conjunction, December is a very exciting month for stargazing. It's too bad it's so cold...

1 minute ago, TheAstronomer said:

@Ookla the Uscritic I guess I am sandwiched between the Northern and the Southern Hemisphere

Ooh, lucky. You get to see the best of the whole sky. Meanwhile I'm stuck in the Northern Hemisphere with only half of it. Can you see the Milky Way from where you are? I've heard it's particularly spectacular in the Southern Hemisphere, but I don't know anything about how it looks on the equator.