Kings_way

A club for the people of the world who don't have ROW

20 posts in this topic

So yeah. Exactly what the thread is called. I'm afraid of going onto the rest of the shard (other than the community section) in fear of spoilers, and I know there has to be someone else who doesn't have ROW yet. This is a place for us to be sad together, and have spoiler free discussion. (Also for people who do have ROW to flex on us).

You're a day late friend. I just got it. Should've done this on the 17 when it was realeased.

I don't have it:( I'm still trying to convince my parents that I won't read all day and ignore my homework like last time

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Antagonist said:

I don't have it:( I'm still trying to convince my parents that I won't read all day and ignore my homework like last time

... You aren't supposed to do that?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Watcher said:

(Also for people who do have ROW to flex on us).

Flex. Alright here's the plan. I'll take pictures of the pages of my copy of RoW, then post them here, one chapter at a time, in spoiler boxes that are marked for the next Skyward book so that the mods don't look in them.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Watcher said:

So yeah. Exactly what the thread is called. I'm afraid of going onto the rest of the shard (other than the community section) in fear of spoilers, and I know there has to be someone else who doesn't have ROW yet. This is a place for us to be sad together, and have spoiler free discussion. (Also for people who do have ROW to flex on us).

I have Rhythm of War! But I shall not flex.

Unfortunately, you have valid reason to be avoiding the rest of the Shard for fear of spoilers. I saw a couple topics in completely spoiler-free zones spoiling major end-of-part-5 shocking you'll-never-guess-it you-did-it-again-Brandon stuff.

I've diligently been trying to take them down for you guys! And the ones I know of are gone.

Also, have a copy of Rhythm of War: 5fc83cf422dd9_supersmallrow.jpg.dae201b883169d74ea8b58e26c7aabe6.jpg

Edited by Ookla the Knight

2 hours ago, Ookla the Knight said:

I have Rhythm of War! But I shall not flex.

Unfortunately, you have valid reason to be avoiding the rest of the Shard for fear of spoilers. I saw a couple topics in completely spoiler-free zones spoiling major end-of-part-5 shocking you'll-never-guess-it you-did-it-again-Brandon stuff.

I've diligently been trying to take them down for you guys! And the ones I know of are gone.

Also, have a copy of Rhythm of War: 5fc83cf422dd9_supersmallrow.jpg.dae201b883169d74ea8b58e26c7aabe6.jpg

Yeah, I've seen Chaos having to go around solving spoiler crap. Feel bad for the guy.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

Yeah, I've seen Chaos having to go around solving spoiler crap. Feel bad for the guy.

I think he read it early, so, while spoiler stuff is probably annoying, I still feel jealous of him.

Just now, Ookla the Unnamable said:

I think he read it early, so, while spoiler stuff is probably annoying, I still feel jealous of him.

I don't. I get to read it in less than a month of it's release and I don't have to deal with handling people making dumb mistakes and having to punish them for a week.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

I don't. I get to read it in less than a month of it's release and I don't have to deal with handling people making dumb mistakes and having to punish them for a week.

Yeah, but you get to read it early.

Just now, Ookla the Unnamable said:

Yeah, but you get to read it early.

... so? You realize you'e not going to be able to enjoy it much after with that kind of responsibility, right? Like, christ, the guy went into the meme thread to lay down the law and was just backing up like okay, going to leave until I finish the book.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

... so? You realize you'e not going to be able to enjoy it much after with that kind of responsibility, right? Like, christ, the guy went into the meme thread to lay down the law and was just backing up like okay, going to leave until I finish the book.

I would be able to enjoy it. I mean, it's not that different from what mods normally do, keeping spoilers in the correct forums.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

I would be able to enjoy it. I mean, it's not that different from what mods normally do, keeping spoilers in the correct forums.

bit more pressure, I'd say. then again, let's ask. @Ookla the Intimidating Mind giving us insight on the unique challenges RoW spoilers (or just spoilers in general) affect your job?

On 03.12.2020 at 1:01 AM, Ookla the Watcher said:

I am worse off than you. I live in Turkey and Turkish translation of Oathbringer was released last year. It was terrible to wait for the book two years. I am sure the same thing will happen again. :unsure:

On 12/5/2020 at 11:29 AM, caranise said:

I am worse off than you. I live in Turkey and Turkish translation of Oathbringer was released last year. It was terrible to wait for the book two years. I am sure the same thing will happen again. :unsure:

I used to live in Turkey, but that was before I became a Sanderfan. 

Hi!

Im mid OB re-read, and I have read Dawnshard, I just cant afford a copy of RoW right now and I havent figured out my local library yet. 
I have seen a lot of people complaining about how its so character heavy and blah blah reading about people with mental illnesses is so annoying. Like hey we gotta read about healthy neurotypicals all the time how do you think we feel! <_<:P:P

I havent decided yet if im gonna read the pre-release chapters. I have been accidentally info-dumping on my friends because boy howdy do I get intense about these books. Oops :blink: Oh I saw the art! On the official website! Its so gosh danged pretty!!!!

4 hours ago, Ookla the Watcher said:

I used to live in Turkey, but that was before I became a Sanderfan. 

İn which city? 

On 12/4/2020 at 8:30 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

@Ookla the Intimidating Mind giving us insight on the unique challenges RoW spoilers (or just spoilers in general) affect your job?

They don't affect it hugely, I don't care much about spoilers (which promptly got me spoiled for just about everything, lol).

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

They don't affect it hugely, I don't care much about spoilers (which promptly got me spoiled for just about everything, lol).

Is it busier, though? I've seen Chaos answer to several spoiler complaints.

We're busier in general because of RoW, but for me editing out spoilers and moving topics doesn't take much time.