Trutharchivist's crew

Apparently, I'm a crewleader now, so it's time to start a crew!

Our goals will be... um... Well, I have no idea. It was probably a bad idea. Maybe, because of who I am, revealing deeper meaning in books? Things like the ideals behind the story, why the author wrote what he did. Well, if you like doing that, you're invited to my crew!

For now it's probably nothing. After all, this wasn't my brightest idea, and usually my threads die after two to four posts. I tried it anyway, let's see where it goes until I get to the next rep title.

It seems to have survived the changing of my rep title, so hurray! Also, our goals, as of now, are countering the Secret Evil Fantasy Book Mafia - or for short, the SEFBM (acronyms are great - change my mind), along with finding Idei in books and bringing them to life. Maybe I'll explain later what are Idei and the SEFBM.

Thank you for reading this far. Feel free to tell me this should be in general discussion.

Crew members for now:

@Trutharchivist - Crew leader. Tries to dig into the intentions and ideas behind literary works (theoretically). Or, in other words, tries to find the Idei that are buried in books and bring them to life.

Management division:

@Random Bystander - Secretary and responsible of paperwork. Do you really like it? no one really does. Oh, well, welcome to the crew! We sure need someone to make order out of things. For now we don't have much, but it might change!

Research division:

@JesterLavorre - A magic scholar, researching the magical resources of the SEFBM. We... should've had one long ago, but having one right now is better than never! Do you think that, in addition to Counselor's magic system and the Cosmere ones, the SEFBM has access to unknown magic systems? And, since we apparently don't have one, can someone become our information processor for the intelligence about the SEFBM actions from the Spying division? This should be under this division, I believe.

Fighting division:

@Bearer of all agonies - A truthless assassin. Has both Taln's and Jezrien's Honorblades, which technically means he has access to the Bondsmith's Surges, in addition to Gravitation and... Cohesion, it was? The second Stoneward Surge, anyway. Unfortunately for us, he can't use these Surges spiritually.

@Condensation - A shardblade, apparently. probably a deadeyes? Unknown kind of spren.

Spying division:

@Omi the Counselor - Conspirator and informant. Finds in every book the SEFBM, and reports about it's actions, so we could stop them once and for all.

@Tesh - An infiltrator. Imitates nobles for us, and hopefully will help us infiltrate the SEFBM. Do you lead a team? because we'll probably need more than one person for that.

Cover division (should it be a sub-division under Spying?):

@Knight of Iron - Runs our front as a salesman, and helps with funding, because we apparently have no other source of money. We all should probably try to pretend we're part of this business - and who knows? Maybe we could use trying to sell people things as a dilation tactic!

Entertainment division (this exists, apparently):

@Shard of Reading - Bad comic relief. I don't know about that, I need to think of which bad comic relief I know. You could help us distract the SEFBM, plus maybe figure out how are the comic relief related to the story's Idei.

Edited by Trutharchivist

30 minutes ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

:ph34r:

I'll take that as a yes. And we're past four posts! Not that it means anything.

The real question, though, is why we would even need an assassin? The purpose I stated in the OP is not connected by any means to assassination... is it?

44 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

I'll take that as a yes. And we're past four posts! Not that it means anything.

The real question, though, is why we would even need an assassin? The purpose I stated in the OP is not connected by any means to assassination... is it?

Here ya go. Six posts! 

"Fuzz, try to stay on topic." -Probably Kelsier, somewhere in SH.

5 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

Things like the ideals behind the story, why the author wrote what he did.

So, what do you think? Do you like this idea? Think it needs clarification? Can explain any need in assassins?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Here ya go. Six posts! 

I did say usually, and it's hard to judge if this thread is alive or it started dead, and we're just trying to give it a proper funeral. And apparently, I have a knack to use random book quotes! Though it must be more common here.

Edited by The Worldookler

Just now, The Worldookler said:

"Fuzz, try to stay on topic." -Probably Kelsier, somewhere in SH.

So, what do you think? Do you like his idea? Think it needs clarification? Can explain any need in assassins?

I did say usually, and it's hard to judge if this thread is alive or it started dead, and we're just trying to give it a proper funeral. And apparently, I have a knack to use random book quotes! Though it must be more common here.

Nah, we’ll keep it alive as long as you are a crew leader. 

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Counselor said:

I'ma just sneak into here. (seven posts now.)

Welcome! I was so busy writing my own message I didn't see you here. Sorry. Would you like to join the crew, or just keep the thread alive? If the former, what can you add to the crew? You are welcome even if you have no idea. If the latter, do you think this is truly living, or are you just focused on letting no thread die?

@Ookla the Tortured, do you ignore my questions on purpose, or did you just miss them in the whole message?

Also, should I start a thread of Answer Trutharchivist Anything, because of the many questions I ask?

Edited by The Worldookler

1 hour ago, The Worldookler said:

Welcome! I was so busy writing my own message I didn't see you here. Sorry. Would you like to join the crew, or just keep the thread alive? If the former, what can you add to the crew? You are welcome even if you have no idea. If the latter, do you think this is truly living, or are you just focused on letting no thread die?

@Ookla the Tortured, do you ignore my questions on purpose, or did you just miss them in the whole message?

Also, should I start a thread of Answer Trutharchivist Anything, because of the many questions I ask?

Spoiler

Haha. Imma just kiddin. I have two Honorblades actually, so watch out. (Talns blade and Jezriens blade.)

Edited by Ookla the Tortured

@Ookla the Counselor, what do you think about what I wrote in the OP about you?

also, do both of you think we should do something, or keep this thread alive as long as I have the Crew Leader rep title? (it will take a long time for me to get more rep, so be wary.)

2 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

@Ookla the Counselor, what do you think about what I wrote in the OP about you?

also, do both of you think we should do something, or keep this thread alive as long as I have the Crew Leader rep title? (it will take a long time for me to get more rep, so be wary.)

Lest do something. :)

All right, then. I think we should choose a book, then let @Ookla the Counselor check what the secret evil mafia does there, and plan our steps based on that. So, should it be a Sanderson book or just any book? and in both cases, what book?

I vote for TFE or Emperor's Soul in Sanderson, don't know about none-Sanderson.