A Magical Reawakening

Goob

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"No, please. Come in." Cassander opened the window.

I think the window was opened. My problem was the djinni wish, but you probably ended that by inviting him in. Thank you.

The falcon hopped into the house gratefully. He lifted his right leg to his head and made a queer motion that resembled removing a coats hat from one's head. He changed shape instantly, becoming a human child dressed in a simple shirt and trousers, above which he wore a feathery cloak, complete with a cape. 

I'm not good at descriptions, so I don't really know what to do here. I don't even know how old he's supposed to be. He comes from Jack and the Beanstalk, with a few personal additions that include the cloak.

"So, um, hello." He said. "May I stay here for a while? Thank you on advance."

4 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

The falcon hopped into the house gratefully. He lifted his right leg to his head and made a queer motion that resembled removing a coats hat from one's head. He changed shape instantly, becoming a human child dressed in a simple shirt and trousers, above which he wore a feathery cloak, complete with a cape. 

"So, um, hello." He said. "May I stay here for a while? Thank you on advance."

“Eek! Another human!” Daisy squeaked as she proceeded to hide under the couch. 

9 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

“Eek! Another human!” Daisy squeaked as she proceeded to hide under the couch. 

7 hours ago, Condensation said:

Hi, Jack! I'm Cadence!

"Not so cute now, I see." Mattered Jack under his breath. He nodded in acknowledgement to Cadence's introduction, then turned back to the man with the sword.

13 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

He nodded. "Alright. Can you explain your situation?"

"Well, I just kind of stole this cloak from a giant. It was very impulsive and kind of weird - there was a small blip while he was chasing me, and next thing I know there are this weird buildings everywhere, and I can't find the Beanstalk, so I can't find home - or the giant, for all it matters. But I'm pretty sure he's still after me. I think he stole the cloak himself from a god or a goddess, but I don't know the pantheon of the Norse well enough to be sure."

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Cassander nodded. "Alright. Well, if it's safety you're after, then I can help you."

Jack looked relieved. "Thanks. I think I'll stay here with you for a while. What are you doing right now?" He turns to look around the room, noting the books, the fairy that hides behind the sofa and the phoenix.

10 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Jack looked relieved. "Thanks. I think I'll stay here with you for a while. What are you doing right now?" He turns to look around the room, noting the books, the fairy that hides behind the sofa and the phoenix.

"Well, welcome to our gaggle of wierdos."

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're going to go to the library as soon as we're sure the way is clear." Cassander replied. "From there we're going to find an Ikea and camp out there for awhile."

"Wait, is the way NOT clear? What are we waiting for?"

Sorry I didn't reply, it was Shabbat. I'll close the conversation lines and I'll join the timeskip. Though I will drop the giant somewhere, just not right now.

Fadran, please tell me your character isn't unbeatable. It'd be a little boring if he was.

On 24.9.2021 at 6:01 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're going to go to the library as soon as we're sure the way is clear." Cassander replied. "From there we're going to find an Ikea and camp out there for awhile."

"... Except for the fact I have no idea what Ikea is, I'm fine with it. Sounds like a good idea."

18 hours ago, Condensation said:

I don't think I'm going inside the library. Maybe I'll just fight with the ravens! Are you a good fighter, Jack?

Jack looks hesitant. "Not really that much. I'm not my cousin the giant-slaying Jack, nor did I kill seven at one blow, like the brave tailor. But I'll see what I can do."

15 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Well, welcome to our gaggle of wierdos."

"Thanks, I guess."

On 9/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Cassander checked his watch. "I propose that we leave now. Any objections?"

@Isabelle6060 @Knight of Iron @Random Bystander @Condensation @AmazingGoob @Trutharchivist

Spoiler

Cadence.thumb.png.0f8c74c2603c329666ce027219ec21a3.png

Here she is! Cadence. My friend didn't feel like shading, so it's kinda basic.

Sounds good!

Edited by Condensation

11 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

A train, a bus, and a short walk later the medley crew arrive at the furniture store, it's dark blue walls and large yellow letters beckoning to them.

let's hope the firery bird and sword wielding mercenary don't get us kicked out

Edited by AmazingGoob