A Magical Reawakening

Goob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 0:12 PM, Isabelle6060 said:

Nope. It came out in 2017, this is 2015.

"Uh... it appears as if our genie has disappeared." That wasn't good... Now they couldn't solve any problem with a sentence. It had only been a day but she had gotten used to a friend with infinite power, and if they bailed now...

On 5/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, AmazingGoob said:

"Uh... it appears as if our genie has disappeared." That wasn't good... Now they couldn't solve any problem with a sentence. It had only been a day but she had gotten used to a friend with infinite power, and if they bailed now...

"What? Jinn is gone? What about the monsters outside our door?" Daisy asked, nervously.

On 5/11/2021 at 6:03 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Sure. 

On 5/11/2021 at 3:07 AM, Tani said:

Uh... what?

On 5/11/2021 at 5:14 AM, Isabelle6060 said:

"What? Jinn is gone? What about the monsters outside our door?" Daisy asked, nervously.

"Uh... it seems like our wishes are staying stable. I mean, the puppy hasn't turned back into a hellhound."

18 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Uh... what?

Nian Shou, the chinese Year Beast, the reason behind Chinese New Year. It was chased away, but never died. It comes out on Chinese New Year and eats everything it can get at. It destroys whole villages. It fears loud sounds and the color red.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Ah. I looked it up, but a combination of the random numbers in the word, the lack of "shou" in most sources (most were generalized to just all Nian), and my dumb monkey brain made me want to clarify.

6 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Ah. I looked it up, but a combination of the random numbers in the word, the lack of "shou" in most sources (most were generalized to just all Nian), and my dumb monkey brain made me want to clarify.

Numbers were tones. And yeah, for some reason us westerners just call it "year"(translation of nian) instead of it's actual name.

11 hours ago, Tani said:

Huh, really? I have never actually seen that sort of romanization before.

16 hours ago, Condensation said:

He had to go because there were no stakes with him around. We could just wish away all of our problems, and that doesn't really lead to a good story.