A Magical Reawakening

Goob

She dashed around the familiar streets- the smoke rose above her, so she wouldn't suffocate, but it was getting pretty hot. 
She looked up and saw a disturbance of smoke and a line of fire- was there some sort of crazy arsonist with a helicopter? 

20 hours ago, Ookla the Counselor said:

Alex ran up.

"Hey, you don't think this has anything to do with a guy I just met who called himself Buddha, do you?"

"What? I mean, that's odd, but what would that have to do with an huge fire?"

Name: Cadence

Appearance: four legged body with wings covered in white, gold, and red sun-dappled feathers, not including the thin tail ending in a tuft of feathers.  Usually covered in fire, which grows and shrinks based on her mood. When she's calm, the fire goes out. She's small(2.5 feet by 3.5 feet) because she's a baby. 

Powers: long lifespan, fire, flight. 

Backstory: None excepting small bits with no context, so she's really confused and frustrated. 

9 hours ago, Ookla the Counselor said:

"Arsonist." Alex went over other possibilities in his head, but he didn't think such a big fire could have really been an accident.

"That's what I was thinking as well. Oh! Here's the diner!"

In front of them was a cute little diner, nestled between some other, larger buildings. 

"Come on! We have to get granny Newell out of there- she probably has no idea what's going on."

14 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Cadence was furious. She didn't know - or care - why, all she knew was that she wanted to break something. Anything! She shrieked, a sound that grated on the ears.

@Ookla the Counselor

"Ah!" she looked around. Perhaps this fire was worse than she thought. As she ran towards the diner, she asks the boy "What do you think that was? Maybe a building collapsing?"

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Counselor said:

"Steel beam? I'm not sure!" He yelled back.

"We should probably not linger- we just need to get Granny out."

As we enter into the diner, it's completely empty, the chairs flipped upside down on top of the tables.

Grace runs behind the counter and into the kitchen. Inside is a old woman in her late 60s/early 70s who is wiping down a countertop.

"Granny Newell! There's a fire near us. We need to get out of here!

"Hmm? A fire? Oh dear. Joel called in sick this morning, so I was going to send you right back home today anyway. I hope the diner is going to be alright!"

"I'm sure it'll been fine- I'm pretty sure the fire department will be here any minute now."

"Oh, good. And who is this?" She says in reference to the boy.

"Uh..."