Felt is a Ghostblood Agent [Discuss]

Kingsdaughter613

Felt is a Ghostblood sleeper agent.

Way back in TFE:

“Felt, one of the House Venture chief spies, climbed into the carriage, nodding his hawkish, mustached face respectfully to Elend, then Jastes.”

Felt is a spy, originally from TFE Scadrial. He was present when Kell died, during the revolt and Elend’s speech, and the Catacande. And now he’s here, on Roshar.

We know the GBs have a spy near the Kholins. We know that having an agent near prospective members is common practice. Felt has been by Dalinar’s side for years. He’s a loyal and trusted member of Dalinar’s forces. And now he’s on the Shadesmar trip, in the perfect position to ‘innocently’ question Kalak and discover the whereabouts of Ba-Ado-Mishram.

We were all but told he was a worldhopper in Dalinar’s memories. And we know he’s tried to find the Nightwatcher before going on Dalinar’s mission to find her. His presence here, now, is remarkably suspicious - and no one suspects him at all.

So: I posit that Felt is a Ghostblood agent in deep cover. Thoughts?

VERY nice analysis.  It makes me wonder.  Felt seems a lot more stable then most of the GBs we have seen.  It makes me wonder if their structure and membership is more diverse and complex then we thought(if this is in fact true).

21 minutes ago, Karger said:

VERY nice analysis.  It makes me wonder.  Felt seems a lot more stable then most of the GBs we have seen.  It makes me wonder if their structure and membership is more diverse and complex then we thought(if this is in fact true).

We’ve seen three GBs. Four if we count Kell. That isn’t much of a sampling.

5 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

We were all but told he was a worldhopper in Dalinar’s memories. And we know he’s tried to find the Nightwatcher before going on Dalinar’s mission to find her. His presence here, now, is remarkably suspicious - and no one suspects him at all.

So: I posit that Felt is a Ghostblood agent in deep cover. Thoughts?

A good case for Felt being an agent from Scadrial. But not particularly good for him being a Ghostblood. Him may just as well be in Harmony's employ.

In fact, isn't Felt a minor noble? By some theories that would be a problem in joining the Ghostbloods.

1 hour ago, Oltux72 said:

A good case for Felt being an agent from Scadrial. But not particularly good for him being a Ghostblood. Him may just as well be in Harmony's employ.

In fact, isn't Felt a minor noble? By some theories that would be a problem in joining the Ghostbloods.

He was. Kell’s opinions on nobles changed throughout SH though, so I don’t think it would be an issue. I mean, several GBs are lighteyes and that hasn’t been an issue. Shallan is a noblewoman and that wasn’t an issue. And Kell likely retained his friendship with Breeze, despite the fact that he should have known about Breeze’s noble heritage post-Ascension.

Felt is almost certainly an agent for someone. He’s been a rogue agent at times and he was part of the 17th Shard at one point. I think he may be working for Kell now because he is in the perfect place to be the GB spy near the Kholins.

He’s never been mentioned to be wearing an earring, which I think he would have if he were Saze’s.