Stormlight Movie Possible Actors/Actresses

This may already be a topic so you can link it if you want.

Not that there is definitely gonna be a Stormlight show/movie (which would be amazing) but who do you think would be good actors/actresses to play the characters in Stormlight.

Kaladin-I can sort of see Adam Driver (he has the hair for it)

Shallan-Scarlet Johansson (maybe)

Dalinar- Daniel Craig

Rock- The Rock (it's meant to be)

Anyone else?

Edited by Blood Of My Fathers

Oooh it would be dreamy to have a lot of Polynesian talent in the cast. 

Te Kohe Tuhaka as Elhokar 

Cliff Curtis as Sadeas 

Rachel House as Ialai 

James Rolleston as Renarin 

Shavaugn Ruakere as Navani maybe?

IDK. All I know is I'd be excited to see some polynesian representation up in there :D

elhokar.jpg

Sadeas.jpg

Ialai.jpg

Renarin.jpg

navani.jpg

*Insert obligatory 'Rosharans look vaguely Asian/polynesian' comment here*

Ken Watanabe is Dalinar for me. I keep thinking of Donnie Yen as Gavilar, but I thought of another Japanese actor to go with Watanabe and OMG he and Hiroyuki Sanada could be so good. These two look like they could go around messing up the other Highprinces 6a2481d5c4a6414a830bf07fdc408c30--hiroyuki-sanada-the-year.jpg (612×453) (pinimg.com)

Sammo Hung as Sadeas

Batista as Rock

Lucy Liu or Michelle Yeoh for Navani

Steven Yeun for Kaladin, although he's probably too old for the part.

Morena Baccarin for Jasnah (not too close to the ethnicity part, but I saw it in a tor fancast and can't get it out of my head)

Wit doesn't really have to conform to the ethnicity as he's a worldhopper, although I think he's meant to be better at fitting in than others. I imagine him as Tom Hiddleston

Szeth I struggle with a live action actor, as he's just One Punch Man

I'm not hugely familiar with Asian/Polynesian actors, so that's what I have so far.

As for confirmation I think it's been optioned, which means the production company basically called dibs on being able to do it but haven't started doing anything yet.

Edited by jamesbondsmith
Added more names

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Knight said:

What are you talking about

OP said the movie/show is 'definitely' happening, which I think a lot of people are taking to mean that pre-production or production has started, but I'm not sure that they're that far into it. As far as I know it's just been optioned, which as I said in my post is basically the film/tv adaptation equivalent of 'we call dibs'.

Just now, jamesbondsmith said:

OP said the movie/show is 'definitely' happening, which I think a lot of people are taking to mean that pre-production or production has started, but I'm not sure that they're that far into it. As far as I know it's just been optioned, which as I said in my post is basically the film/tv adaptation equivalent of 'we call dibs'.

I was just confused because the OP actually said “Not that it’s definitely going to happen”

1 minute ago, Ookla the Knight said:

I was just confused because the OP actually said “Not that it’s definitely going to happen”

Well now I feel dumb, because I could have sworn it said 'now it's definitely going to happen'. It's been edited, so maybe there was a typo in a really unfortunate place in the post.

1 minute ago, jamesbondsmith said:

Well now I feel dumb, because I could have sworn it said 'now it's definitely going to happen'. It's been edited, so maybe there was a typo in a really unfortunate place in the post.

Perhaps, though it was edited 15 hours ago. I guess the wording is just confusing.

If the Stormlight Archive were ever adapted for the screen, I'd want it to be animated rather than live action. When you consider how much of a "live-action" version would need to be CGI anyway (not just the magic and spren, but pretty much any scene set outside would need a CGI landscape, plus most of the actors would either need colored contacts or have their eye colors digitally changed) it just doesn't seem practical.

• 1 year later...

Morgan Freeman as Odium. We already know he can pull off playing a divinity, and both his bearing and his voice would lend themselves well to the whole 'authoritative but kindly grandfather' front Odium puts up, and I think he could still pull off playing Odium as he shows more and more of his true colors.

Because of the age of the actors, every year that goes by, we get new options as new teen actors emerge. By the time this happens, all of our options will be their Back Five ages lol.

BUT, I never let pragmatism get in the way of a good speculation hehe

I kept thinking of HoYeon Jung (from Squid Game) as Shallan, particularly this photo:

Jung Hoyeon - IMDb

Let's be honest, any ideas we have are going to have completely aged out by the time these films get made (if they ever do).

I'm struggling to think of many relatively young actors who could age into roles like those from Dalinar's generation. I'm assuming that they wouldn't even start looking at Stormlight Archive adaptations until at least the first arc is completed, possibly a decent way into the second arc so as to avoid another Game of Thrones Season 8 scenario.

Pom Klementieff is 36 this year, she might be able to age into a Navani role in 20 years or so. I can kind of imagine Navani being somewhat Mantis-like if she gets lost in her engineering studies.

So-Dam Park (hopefully I wrote that right) might be good as Ialai if she is able to work in English-language films eventually. She's pretty scheme-happy in Parasite.

Remy Hii was kind of slimy in Spiderman Far From Home, which fits Sadeas.

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, Lament on the Wind said:

okay,hear me out:

Tom Hiddleston as Wit

Dave Bautista or Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Dalinar

Gal Gadot as Jasnah

303248124bfa2feb649b497436b88c14.jpg

I agree with all of this.

I always pictured Sadeas as being a bit (okay, a lot) like Benedict Cumberbatch. He has the same "I'm so smart and manipulative and I will rule this kingdom" energy that Cumberbatch's Sherlock does.

Paul Bettany would be perfect for Pattern, especially seeing as that's a voice-only role.

Edited by phillycheesesteak
Grammar