Tukari "merchants" working for Ishar?

Singer

I have been trying to figure out why those Tukari dudes attacked Notum in Shadesmar, that wasn't ever explicitly explained.

I am theorizing that they were abducting spren for Ishar's nightmare evil scientist experiments. 

I would love to hear any theories y'all have. What is Ishar doing and why? What the crem is going on in Tukar??

It doesn't really seem like there's any other reason for a group of armed Tukari to try and incapacitate an Honorspren besides to try and bring it to the physical realm as part of Ishar's experiments. Though as for why Ishar is trying to bring Spren to the physical realm I've heard of 2 theories: The first is that he wants to use Spren for Hemalurgy (imagine having a Nahel bond but without any the limitations of a Spren), or that he wants to no longer be a cognitive shadow, and so is experimenting with trying to move cognitive beings to the physical realm so he can do the same with himself. I've heard this in tangent with wanted to become to shard, with a theory stating that cognitive shadows have trouble ascending and being vessels.

10 minutes ago, Singer said:

I have been trying to figure out why those Tukari dudes attacked Notum in Shadesmar, that wasn't ever explicitly explained.

I am theorizing that they were abducting spren for Ishar's nightmare evil scientist experiments. 

I would love to hear any theories y'all have. What is Ishar doing and why? What the crem is going on in Tukar??

I think that is the the likely explanation. It is likely Ishar is trying to merge the Cognitive with the Physical.