Kalak

Toaster Retribution

I don’t think Kalak, Gavilar, and the rest of the Sons of Honor were planning on bringing back Odium, but freeing Ba-Ado-Mishram. That would have returned the minds of the singers, and potentially restarting the war between men and singers as Gavilar wanted, as well as fixing what seems to be Kalak’s biggest regret of trapping the unmade into an eternal prison of solitude.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 11:04 PM, Bri-Y said:

I don’t think Kalak, Gavilar, and the rest of the Sons of Honor were planning on bringing back Odium, but freeing Ba-Ado-Mishram. That would have returned the minds of the singers, and potentially restarting the war between men and singers as Gavilar wanted, as well as fixing what seems to be Kalak’s biggest regret of trapping the unmade into an eternal prison of solitude.

Yep. This was my takeaway from RoW. If Kalak led the Sons of Honor and Kalak is currently intent on freeing BAM, wouldn't that be what Gavilar was seeking and what the Listeners wanted to stop? The Desolations returning was probably a surprise secondary consideration, and might be part of the reason Gavilar thought Restares had sent the assassin.

We'll find out more in the Book 5 prologue, I'm sure.

9 hours ago, FollowYourMuse said:

Did he actually order them Killed? or did Kalak say something like get rid of them, or just tell Amaram to keep the shards and Amaram came up with the killing/slavery part? 

Amaram says, “Restares is right” or something similar. I’m not looking up the exact quote right now. We later see Amaram contacting Restares directly and he seems to deeply respect him.

Whether or not Kalak straight up ordered those actions, he seems to have had no problem with it after the fact. I do not think he is anywhere near as ‘nice’ as we are being led to believe. And I don’t trust him.

I found the quote: “It took hours to decide, but Restares is right—this is what must be done. For the good of Alethkar.”

Edited by Kingsdaughter613