Ishar and his doings

Saradas

So as we know, Ishar is up to some shenanigans, somehow manifesting spren into the physical realm. 

I think that he's trying to figure out how to get surgebinding powers from spren without bonding them. So he (somehow) manifests them physically and has a poke around inside them to see if it can be puzzled out.

If this is his plan, I think he's doing this for one of three reasons. He's either:

1) Doing crazy things for no reason because he's as mad as a bucket of cremlings.

2) Looking to build himself an army of unoathed surgebinders.

3) Attempting to gain the use of more surges on top of those granted to him by his blade.

But how? Well, we've seen his mastery over the surge of connection, so maybe he is either able or thinks he's able to somehow pull whatever it is that grants surges out of spren. 

The other, scarier option is that his 'surgery' is actually him experimenting with hemalurgy. Spike a spren into a human... What happens?

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Dawnshard said:

Sounds like something Hemalurgic or Dahkor-like.

Dahkor is specific to Sel, the geography of Sel (if I'm remembering correctly), and the Dor.

And if he just wants Hemalurgy then the time it takes for the spren to die isn't too much of an issue since he can just spike them in the intervening time.

12 hours ago, Dreamwa1ker said:

Hadn't thought of that but it's storming terrifying. And plausible - he was very Cosmere aware, constructing the Oathpact and all.

I need to get to that scene in my reread to try to see if there are any specifics that make it seem at all... spikey.

Honestly I doubt it’s Hemalurgic. That could be his goal, but from what we see, it seems all the spren died from just being in the physical realm, not from spikings or attempted spikings. 

Edited by Ookla the Disproportionate
Spikings is a word now.

We don't know how they died. Just that they died in the Physical realm, not how long it took. Also we know he was opening them up and seeing what is inside. Sounds like he was looking for something, perhaps bindpoints, perhaps connection or maybe if they had gemhearts. We don't know but Ishar knows alot. i don't see him just wondering what would happen if... He had a goal and was looking for something. 

1 hour ago, Dawnshard said:

We don't know how they died. Just that they died in the Physical realm, not how long it took. Also we know he was opening them up and seeing what is inside. Sounds like he was looking for something, perhaps bindpoints, perhaps connection or maybe if they had gemhearts. We don't know but Ishar knows alot. i don't see him just wondering what would happen if... He had a goal and was looking for something. 

Sigzil explicitly reads notes that state that an honorspren lived for 15 minutes and that it was a new record.