Don't you just love foreshadowing? [Edgedancer]

Necessary Eagle

Ooh this is a really good one! Speaking of - have we seen this any other time this happened? Didn't Taln have some burst of lucidity in other books - Oathbringer for sure. But I'm unsure if it was before or after Szeth said his oath, and Teft was at the Tower when he said his.

Also - could the Heralds be going insane so bad because of the Recreance, and no one was swearing Oaths anymore? Could having more and more Radiants swearing help the Heralds?

18 minutes ago, Dreamwa1ker said:

Ooh this is a really good one! Speaking of - have we seen this any other time this happened? Didn't Taln have some burst of lucidity in other books - Oathbringer for sure. But I'm unsure if it was before or after Szeth said his oath, and Teft was at the Tower when he said his.

He became lucid when Dalinar said his oath.

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2020 at 5:45 AM, Dannex said:

Daaaaaaang.

Every time I think we’ve found everything there is to know...
There really is always another secret, isn’t there?

Brandon is a genius.

definitely. Looking at this from a writer's perspective, not for theory crafting, I have to say that the analysis of his foreshadowing has really taught me a lot, and this just proves it once again.

Wow. This makes me believe even more strongly that Dalinar will find a way to reforge the Oathpact or bring the Herald's back to their senses in some way in book 5.

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

definitely. Looking at this from a writer's perspective, not for theory crafting, I have to say that the analysis of his foreshadowing has really taught me a lot, and this just proves it once again.

This is very true for me as well!!

STORM it... now I want to go back and read every instance in every novel where someone swears a new Ideal and see if there's a Herald around, and, conversely, every scene with a Herald and correlate Radiants swearing Ideals.  I don't have TIME for this!  I have WORK to do LOL

Nicely done, @Necessary Eagle !