The next book title

IndigoAjah

So Sanderson has confirmed that, after accidentally starting it, he's gonna continue the palindromic shape of naming his books. 

Given the O of Oathbringer, this probably means Books 1-5 and 6-10 are separate Palindromes. 

Meaning Book 5, named after a book in universe, will be KoW(t).

What do we think the name might be? Seen a lot of "Knowledge of Worlds" on Facebook but, though that's a safe bet, let's try and be a bit more imaginative

7 hours ago, Ramona Tehradin said:

Knights of Wind would be a nice title as well, giving a nod to Kaladin and Szeth's mission to Shinovar as well as Skybreakers/Windrunners. 

Would be great if we then saw a mass battle of Windrunners Vs Skybreakers near the climax, only for Szeth to convince Nan to rejoin humanity

42 minutes ago, IndigoAjah said:

Would be great if we then saw a mass battle of Windrunners Vs Skybreakers near the climax, only for Szeth to convince Nan to rejoin humanity

I think that the Skybreakers have a viable third option now. They can serve the Listeners. Apparently there are hundreds of Reachers who are willing to bond Listeners. Then you also have the awaken children of Ja Sa Nat (sorry for spelling). 4 fused, several Regals (who could also become Radiant in Regal form). So all that combined would make the Listeners strong enough that no one would want to fight them. 

Not just palindromic title initials, but also with each book's title being the name of an in-world writing.

I wasn't sure how Rhythm of War would be an in-world writing, well, now I know. Basically the title of a scholarly fabrial research tract by Raboniel and Navani.

So, for a "KoW" title it seems inevitable that the "o" will be "of", eh? Or maybe "on"?

If the fifth book is the Szeth/Skybreakers book, "Knight of W*" makes sense, but "Winds" seems to me to be took evocative of the Order of Windrunners, despite the Skybreakers also being flyers. Also not sure how it'd be an in-world written work.

Maybe "Knock on Wood." LOL

If Odium wins the contest, the rest of the Cosmere might come to know the Radiants as Knights of Wrath. Rayes seemed convinced that everyone would try to destroy him after they found out about the power of surge binding. In that case, and lets say Taravangian is going to try to save the Cosmere, but everyone being conquered doesn't see it that way. An offworlder, seeing Dalinar leading some form of Fused, might write a book about it to send to the rest of the Cosmere. Jasnah or Hoid could write it. 

12 minutes ago, SixthIdeal said:

I like the Knights of ___, but how to fill the lowercase "t"? Could it be "________, too"? This will be a hard book to name

Also it's not clear how the Palindrome exactly works: I don't think it's unreasonable that it could be KotW instead (as Roshar tends to use slightly imperfect palindromes)

4 minutes ago, Mistborn Surgebinder said:

K: Knight/s, King, Killer, Ketek, Kholin, Keeper

Of

W: Ways, Woe, Wrath, Winds, Words

A few of my faves:

Knight of Winds (in-world book about kaladin after he dies). King of Woe/King of Wrath. Keeper of Ways/Woe.

Take it back!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)  As heart breaking as losing a member of bridge four was, if Kaladin dies after coming so far, I think we'd have to petition Sanderson for a different book

W could likely be Worlds now that everyone in-book is getting so Cosmere aware.

E.g. Killer of Worlds (book about Odium? Ishar/about Ashyn destruction? Or Dalinar if he lost?), Knight of Worlds, Kingdom of Worlds (book about Cosmere knowledge, written by Shallan?)

Edited by Dreamwa1ker

5 hours ago, Master Silver said:

Take it back!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)  As heart breaking as losing a member of bridge four was, if Kaladin dies after coming so far, I think we'd have to petition Sanderson for a different book

I take nothing back. I've been convinced since oathbringer that kaladin is going out. I love our boy, especially after RoW, but... I don't think he survives. 

48 minutes ago, Mistborn Surgebinder said:

I take nothing back. I've been convinced since oathbringer that kaladin is going out. I love our boy, especially after RoW, but... I don't think he survives. 

I know what you mean. It makes me very sad. But I think there is a little bit of hope with what Moash was saying "the only hand that can kill Stormblessed is his own." I know his depression isn't cured, but I hope that he is out of the danger zone now. It has got to be hard to kill people in plate. I'd give Syl plate for good measure. Surely she has attracted a couple of Wind Spren on her own :-)