Mistspren names?

Flyingbooks

When I was reading RoW, I noticed that the Stump's spren's name, Dreaming-though-awake, was very different from that of Renarin's corrupted Mistspren.  Near the end, we saw Tumi. Both corrupted spren have short names with no obvious meaning, while the single normal Mistspren which we know of has a name made up of several words. As far as I know, alll other types of spren have relatively consistent naming patterns. I wonder, do corrupted/Enlightened sentient spren change their names?

Interesting idea. I would go a step further and say that their not the same spren anymore. When Raboniel is unmaking the Sibling, the Sibling tells Navani that they see becoming Unmade as dying as they won't be themselves anymore. A corrupted Radiant spren would be someone else from the normal spren they were before. So they don't really change their name, they just get a new name because they are a different spren. 

3 hours ago, Myrovyn said:

Interesting idea. I would go a step further and say that their not the same spren anymore. When Raboniel is unmaking the Sibling, the Sibling tells Navani that they see becoming Unmade as dying as they won't be themselves anymore. A corrupted Radiant spren would be someone else from the normal spren they were before. So they don't really change their name, they just get a new name because they are a different spren. 

We're not sure that Sja-Anat corrupts the same way that Raboniel did. Given how she's shown to care about her "childrens", it would be coherent (in terms of writing) that Enligthment is not as violent as unmaking.

23 minutes ago, Dracnor said:

We're not sure that Sja-Anat corrupts the same way that Raboniel did. Given how she's shown to care about her "childrens", it would be coherent (in terms of writing) that Enligthment is not as violent as unmaking.

I did not want to imply that wat Sja-Anat does is the same as what Raboniel does. Sjan-Anat states in RoW (I think) that she never "Enlightens" a Radiant spren against their will. I wanted to point out that if something that makes up the spren changes, the spren changes and that spren see this as dying or not being themselves anymore. There is a parable of a ship setting sail and during its voyage parts break and are replaced until no part of the original ship remain. Is it still the same ship? When asked this question, humans tend to reply yes or at least admit that there is some semblence. Spren don't seem to have this same permanence of their own conciousness. I think this might be because humans are part of the Physical Realm, but spren are part of the Cognitive Realm.