Axindweth? Sleepless? and other questions

Destrus

Okay, I might just be dense, but are we supposed to recognize Axindweth?  I get a feeling that the multiple rings is a clue to their identity, but am I just overlooking who this is?  Also, is Axindweth the Ghostblood that Mraize reports to?  The one between Mraize and Thaikadar... because in Ch 115 Mraize says “can you handle my master? Can you handle HER master?”  Is this a quick insight into the Ghostblood hierarchy. 

Does anybody have any ideas on where the Sleepless are from? Obviously, they’re non Rosharan. Are they a separate organization from the Ghostbloods (I don’t think they’re GB affiliates). Are they potentially connected to The 17th Shard organization?  Preventing access to Aimia to help prevent access to the powers contained there (seems pretty non interventionist at its heart)? 

Last question, why all the Nalthis connections in this book?  Yes we saw Vasher and Vivenna in previous books but MORE Nalthans in Shadesmar traveling in caravans.  And Wit is using Breaths to store his excess memories.  

4 minutes ago, Destrus said:

Okay, I might just be dense, but are we supposed to recognize Axindweth?  I get a feeling that the multiple rings is a clue to their identity, but am I just overlooking who this is?  Also, is Axindweth the Ghostblood that Mraize reports to?  The one between Mraize and Thaikadar... because in Ch 115 Mraize says “can you handle my master? Can you handle HER master?”  Is this a quick insight into the Ghostblood hierarchy. 

Does anybody have any ideas on where the Sleepless are from? Obviously, they’re non Rosharan. Are they a separate organization from the Ghostbloods (I don’t think they’re GB affiliates). Are they potentially connected to The 17th Shard organization?  Preventing access to Aimia to help prevent access to the powers contained there (seems pretty non interventionist at its heart)? 

Last question, why all the Nalthis connections in this book?  Yes we saw Vasher and Vivenna in previous books but MORE Nalthans in Shadesmar traveling in caravans.  And Wit is using Breaths to store his excess memories.  

So the rings are probably supposed to indicate that she is a Terriswoman from Scadrial, meaning she very well could be Mraize's babsk. The sleepless on Roshar have a variety of affiliations. We know that there's one in the ghostbloods. I don't think the others on Roshar have any sort of offworld affiliation. As for the Nalthis connections, we also saw quite a few Scadrial and Sel connections too, and even a few Taldain. I think this book in general was meant to tie Stormlight Archive more closely to the Cosmere. We're gearing up for the borders to blur on which series is which pretty soon.

I agree.  We see a seon in the closing chapters.  And this finally feels like the book where Brandon has said “if you haven’t read the other books by now, this is going to start getting confusing”. 

I remember reading recently, cannot remember where, that the Sleepless are clearly non Rosharan entities. I would think it opens the door to them being tied to other groups, like The Set for example. But I’m not sure that The Set and Ghostbloods aren’t the same organization. 

We actually don’t know much about the GBs hierarchy. Mraize’s babsk is Iyatil. We don’t know who Iyatil reports to. Shallan assumes it was Thaidakar... but the last time someone made that kind of assumption it turned out the Sovereign was not the Lord Ruler. The two scenes are actually pretty similar... and ironically both resulted in the revelation that Kell has been up to things.

4 hours ago, Destrus said:

I don't think we are supposed to recognise Axindweth; I certainly don't recognise her. The rings suggest she is a Terriswoman and probably a Fereuchemist or Ferring. It's also possible she has access to other magics e.g Breaths/Allomancy. It's unlikely that she is a member of the Ghostbloods as the Ghostbloods didn't provide any support (that we know of) to Venli and Ulim after Axindweth was discovered. If the Ghostbloods were working with Ulim to bring the Everstorm I would have expected them to be able to send another agent to complete her mission. They didn't do this ergo the Ghostbloods weren't trying to bring about the Everstorm. Which means if she is a member of the Ghostbloods her actions in RoW were independent of the main organisation.

We don't know where the sleepless originated, but 23 of the 24 sleepless on Roshar were separated on Roshar and are therefore native to Roshar. 20 of the Rosharan sleepless are working together they are sympathetic to the Radiants, opposed to Odium, allied to the Larkin and protectors of the Dawnshard. One of the Rosharan sleepless is working with the Ghostbloods. It's possible there are sleepless working with the 17th Shard.

Because it is relevant to the plot and/or interesting to the reader.