Healers [ROW SPOILERS]

Comatose

This is beautiful and I love it and I'm going to go and cry now cause it hit all the emotional buttons. Kadolin supporting each other is something I both knew I needed in life and am thankful that you provided it xD

25 minutes ago, Comatose said:

Storms, when had Kaladin of all people become emotionally intelligent? 

I laughed so hard at this and it was the perfect nugget of humour to offset the super sad of this fic. :D

On 11/29/2020 at 0:17 PM, HipsterStick said:

This is incredible, I feel like you really accurately captured how Kaladin might react in this situation. Thanks for sharing!

Glad my Kaladin came off okay - I have trouble relating to him as a character, and was worried that he wouldn't come off right.  I did partly cheat though by taking things from Adolin's point of view :).  Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Minor necro to say this was sweet! In a sad way, of course. It balanced emotions well. The subtle Edgedancer foreshadowing was also cool - I've always thought appending "even if it's myself" to the end of the Edgedancer oaths would make for some fantastic storytelling, and I like how you did that with Adolin's attempts to help others to keep himself from processing his own pain. 

On 3/1/2021 at 0:54 PM, AonEne said:

Minor necro to say this was sweet! In a sad way, of course. It balanced emotions well. The subtle Edgedancer foreshadowing was also cool - I've always thought appending "even if it's myself" to the end of the Edgedancer oaths would make for some fantastic storytelling, and I like how you did that with Adolin's attempts to help others to keep himself from processing his own pain. 

Thanks Ene!  And for the record personally I feel like necro etiquette shouldn't apply to fanworks, but maybe that's just me :).

I'm really glad you picked up on the Edgedancer vibes - I'm not a huge Adolin as Edgedancer fan, but the way the oath worked fit too well not to include.

• 5 weeks later...

This felt sweet and sad to read! Adolin is a total helper type and I can definitely see him always wanting to be surrounded by people to help keep his own darkness at bay. That man is in for a breakdown at some point, he can't hold it together forever...

And I liked how you brought in what Kaladin would know from his work as a surgeon in order to support Adolin. That felt right to me. 

• 3 weeks later...