Ask away, I guess

LiftIRL

Do you like Minecraft?

Do you like Hollow Knight?

Do you like Star Wars?

Which Sanderson character is your favorite?

What is your favorite book?

What is your least favorite book?

Have you watched the MCU?

Is baby Yoda adorable?

¿Hablas español?

How many questions have I asked you?

What is your favorite thread on the shard?

How many pets/animals do you have?

Cats or dogs?

What order of Radiant would you want to be?

have you read RoW yet?

If you could ask Brandon one question, what would it be?

Have you read any of Brandon's unpublished works? if so, which ones?

Do you have any friends/family who like Brandon Sanderson?

Do you eat meat? if so, what type of meat is your favorite?

What superpower do you want the most?

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

Do you like Minecraft?

Well, I haven't played in a very, very long time and I'm rarely interested in changing that nowadys, but i have a lot of fond memories and every now and then I plug in my mouse (I use laptop pad usually) and go mine for a bit while I try and mostly fail to focus on a podcast, or play a bit of hypixel for old times sake. tho, so muh has changed (I last Seriously Really Been Part Of Minecraft Gamers in like, 1.8 or 1.9) that I feel like a very old man.

Do you like Hollow Knight?

My friend infodumps to me about it a lot, and i think the graphics are cool, and I'm very pro-cute-moths, but its not really my thing and I never watched gameplay, much less considered playing- I have bad motorics and reaction times due to. my brain is like that, so I mostly prefer slower games with less parkouring.

Do you like Star Wars?

I like it very casually, not more. I'm much much much more of a trekkie. But I do keep putting of watching that good animated Clone War Era one everyone talks about. If I can just stop procrastinating....

Which Sanderson character is your favorite?

>:( I can't choose >:( All Of Them >:( actually I don't care for Mistborn era 1 as much as most people do, but. Can i just choose all of Roshar except Select Few?
My final answer is Anyone On Roshar Who Isn't a utilitarian.

What is your favorite book?

In normal ontext I would say "so you haven't herd of it but there's this great series called the Stormlight Archive-" but here I guess I'll have to be more specific. I mean. They're all amazing but I feel humanity peaked in that One Duel In WoR right?

Edited by LiftIRL

1 minute ago, Ookla the Knight said:

1) Can I ask you three questions?

2) I teleported bread

3) Do you need something from me

4) Yes?

Oh I'm still working on the other ones, it got posted prematurely! Congrats on teleporting the bread, but I've just eaten so I dont need anything. Perhaps maybe a toothpick. anyways diving back in!

@Ookla the Unnamable

What is your least favorite book?

Hmm. Anything Nietzsche said. Or Main Kampf i guess. I don't hateread a lot and when books are that good in my opinion i usually just forget.

Have you watched the MCU?

Almost all of it, and I regret these wasted hours. at least now i have the context to flip through Young Avengers looking for the cute gay bits.

Is baby Yoda adorable?

YESSS I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO BABY I CANT WAIT SEASON 2 WILL BE OVER SO MY FOLKS WILL AGREE TO WATCH IT (they want to wait and binge it, I don't wanna do this without em)

¿Hablas español?

Niet. or Nien. I don't speak either of those either, tho. I have some basic two-weeks of duolingo german, a bit less klingon, and my native languag which I'm shrouding in mystery for now *v signs*

How many questions have I asked you?

7 so far, 8 with this one, 20 overall.

What is your favorite thread on the shard?

I'm pretty new here, so. The haiku thread I saw today was rly fun, IG!

How many pets/animals do you have?

None, and I doubt I want to change that- animals can stress me out sometimes. Love fictional dogs tho. Every book should have some.

Cats or dogs?

Yes. (I'm bi don't make me choose things. I said what I said)

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

have you read RoW yet?

Yup. In a four day binge abandoning all other responsibilities.

What order of Radiant would you want to be?

Edgedancer with a historian-activist twist, or, more in accordance to what will be good for my motorics and talents, Truthwatcher.

If you could ask Brandon one question, what would it be?

Well. I asked him three this year, but. Currently I just really want to ask if one of the original people involved in the shattering was a horse, just to see the look on hisface and also because i really want to be right.

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

Have you read any of Brandon's unpublished works? if so, which ones?

I'm less interested in that, honestly. Sometimes I even feel WOBs that reveal too much spoil the experience, So. So.

22 minutes ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

Do you have any friends/family who like Brandon Sanderson?

Yes! my mother is who got me into this and my Partner In Crime! She is currently reading ROW, just reached the 50% mark. Spending four days in Actual Sanderson Events with her was probably a highlight of my life. She's my great friend and I love her so much y'all

Do you eat meat? if so, what type of meat is your favorite?

Yup! and no one can say no to good marinated pork ribs. mmm...

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

What superpower do you want the most?

Stopping time stopping time stopping time PLEASE i hate moving in the fourth dimension i don't want to anymore please dont make me *curls on the floor*

1 minute ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

How do you feel about Back to the Future?

It's a good bunch of movies but I've seen them too many times, man. my mom really wants us to watch them together some time soon cuz my little sister is getting not thatl ittle and she still haven't watched them yet but. I saw them at least 3 times in the last 5 years and. There's a limit, yknow? this is not Pacific Rim. there are only so many times.

31 minutes ago, LiftIRL said:

It's a good bunch of movies but I've seen them too many times, man. my mom really wants us to watch them together some time soon cuz my little sister is getting not thatl ittle and she still haven't watched them yet but. I saw them at least 3 times in the last 5 years and. There's a limit, yknow? this is not Pacific Rim. there are only so many times.

Oof, that's a little rough. We just finished re-watching the third last night, and I hadn't seen them in years.

Did you know that if sea otters find a rock they like, they'll carry it around in their armpit?

And how do you feel about sea otters?

Just now, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Oof, that's a little rough. We just finished re-watching the third last night, and I hadn't seen them in years.

Did you know that if sea otters find a rock they like, they'll carry it around in their armpit?

And how do you feel about sea otters?

Wait, I thought they carried them in a pouch... and now that i say this i realize only australian mammels have pouches. I LOVE sea otters they are so cute.... There's a live camera in umm some american aquarium, I'm blacking out on the name, and due to Time Zones i rarely get to watch it but i remember watching it once in feeding time and then Toy Time and it was the best.

10 minutes ago, LiftIRL said:

Wait, I thought they carried them in a pouch... and now that i say this i realize only australian mammels have pouches. I LOVE sea otters they are so cute.... There's a live camera in umm some american aquarium, I'm blacking out on the name, and due to Time Zones i rarely get to watch it but i remember watching it once in feeding time and then Toy Time and it was the best.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium? I love that place. I've been a few times, and it's incredible. I've never watched the live stuff, though! I could never get it to work on my phone.

I'd also recommend looking into the jelly fish one. It's really cool. Some teachers will sometimes have it going in their classrooms while students are doing work.

• 2 weeks later...