17 hours ago, Lotus said:

Not really. I can see who has a honorblade, but at this point in the game, I’d bet everyone has one

Well, yeah, the scan is pretty pointless now, since we have the Shaman. However, your roleblock protection is still useful.

Also, did you use the surges on anyone since you got it from Alv?

EDIT: @Mist, I've seen you looking at the thread from time to time :P

Any thoughts you're willing to share?

Edited by Eternum

10 hours ago, Eternum said:

Well, yeah, the scan is pretty pointless now, since we have the Shaman. However, your roleblock protection is still useful.

Also, did you use the surges on anyone since you got it from Alv?

EDIT: @Mist, I've seen you looking at the thread from time to time :P

Any thoughts you're willing to share?

My top three suspicions are Somebody, Doriyah, and probably STINK, although Lotus could be the third. I'm not overly surprised that Whysper yoinked STINK's blades. (Also, why that word :P?) Doriyah didn't seem to be trying to help when he showed up 2(?) cycles ago, although I think at first I misunderstood his statement. I thought he was poke voting me so he could figure out reads, not asking me for reads. Somebody also hasn't been particularly helpful (sorry). I'm not sure how to feel about Lotus's posts at the beginning of each cycle, I guess it's nice that they break the ice, but they don't seem to help and I'm slightly concerned about her non-surprisal, I guess? They might be just statements. I know when Lotus unvoted Fura it seemed like a tipping point for Ventyl's exe. STINK hasn't been talking or voting much, I don't know about the behind the scenes stuff. 

Everyone's talking about how last cycle's vote manipulation could be a frame, but wouldn't the elims prefer a tie in that situation, had both Gears and SfS been village? They save a charge of Stormlight, a villager dies anyway, the other villager is still super suspicious, win-win for the elims.

Manipulating the vote in that situation is only useful if one of the people being voted on is elim, the way I see it.

Edited by Eternum
typo

50 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Everyone's talking about how last cycle's vote manipulation could be a frame, but wouldn't the elims prefer a tie in that situation, had both Gears and SfS been village? They save a charge of Stormlight, a villager dies anyway, the other villager is still super suspicious, win-win for the elims.

Manipulating the vote in that situation is only useful if one of the people being voted on is elim, the way I see it.

Even though I can't help suspecting the possibility of a framing, I guess you are right that the simplest explanation would be that he's Elim and that they wouldn't have bothered otherwise with the vote manipulation and saved the Stormlight for something else.

Somebody from Sel

Somebody had to die today.

They all knew it. They’d gone too long since discovering Tszen’s betrayal, and so far attempts to discover any further members of Szeth’s Cohort had only led to them losing more Honorblades. They couldn’t afford mercy. They had to keep searching.

Eternum was the first to accuse Somebody. Hadrian-son-Penrod soon followed.

And Somebody panicked. He had no way to prove himself. He’d never even held an Honorblade before, only seeing the ones that people dropped upon their death. He wasn’t even sure if he was supposed to be here, as the culture of the Bearers and their burdens were completely alien to him.

“What do you want me to do?!” he finally said, drawing a glare from Mist. “You have no evidence, just accusations! How am I supposed to defend myself from that?”

“So, you deny… everything,” Eternum said. As the alleged original owner of Ishar’s Honorblade, he had much more weight in the conversation. “Don’t die a Truthless, Somebody. Tell me. Did you do this?

“No,” Somebody said. “I will not lie for your sakes. Nor will I lie for my own.”

It was a dangerous bluff for both of them. Somebody was, as far as anyone could tell, a true Shin, even if he was a traitor – and Eternum had invoked the code of the Truthless. If he was an infiltrator and confessed, his soul would be blighted, but not cursed to eternal torment. If he failed to confess, however… he could be made a Truthless, and either forced into servitude or killed, and his soul would be cursed for eternity.

However… if he was an honest member of the Council, a confession that was a lie would condemn his soul all the same.

Eternum and Somebody stared at each other for a while. But Somebody stood firm.

“Fine,” Eternum said, reaching out a hand. “But it’s too late. We’ve reached a decision.”

No Honorblade appeared. Instead, Eternum looked at Rarashe, who nodded curtly and summoned his Shardblade.

Instead of swinging it at Somebody, he flipped it over, grabbing the flat and offering the hilt to Eternum. The man hesitated.

“You say Somebody here has blood on their hands,” Rarashe said. “And someone here certainly does have a lot of it. Whether that somebody is Somebody, that’s up for you to decide.”

“But if you invoke the code of Truthless, we have to say we all have blood on our hands. So, this is your action to take.”

Eternum hesitated. But not for long.

He took up the Shardblade and stabbed Somebody through the sternum.

No spanreeds were discovered on his person, however. So Eternum closed Somebody's burned out eyes as Rarashe recalled his Shardblade.

"May you find truth and peace in the stones, friend," Rarashe said.

Then, quieter; "... now you're just Somebody that I used to know..."

Somebody from Sel was executed! They were a member of the Shin High Council!

Chanarach’s Honorblade has been claimed or redistributed!

Paliah’s Honorblade has been claimed or redistributed!

PMS ARE CLOSED, and will remain closed until they are reopened. Please stop PMing or creating new PMs.

The Night Turn will end at 5:00 PM PST on December 28th, in about 24 hours. Get your actions in!

Honorblade List:

Spoiler
  • Jezrien's Honorblade: 
    • Adhesion and Gravitation

• Chanarach’s Honorblade:
    • Division and Abrasion

• Vedel’s Honorblade:
    • Abrasion and Progression

• Pailiah’s Honorblade:
    • Progression and Illumination

• Shalash’s Honorblade:
    • Illumination and Transformation

• Battar’s Honorblade: Removed by Battar
    • Transformation and Transportation

• Kalak’s Honorblade:
    • Transportation and Cohesion

• Ishar’s Honorblade:
    • Tension and Adhesion

• Nightblood:
    • Unblockable Roleblock + Kill (4 Stormlight)
    • Unblockable Roleblock + Kill (0 Stormlight, unblockably kills user (single use))

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Gears - Roko Shin High Council
  2. Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) Shin High Council
  3. Quinn0928 - Lin-daughter-Lanari / Rinala Rades Shin High Council and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  4. Ookla's Dice (Matrim's Dice) - Daziron-son-Odium - Battar and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  5. Ookla the Disproportionate (Danex) Truthless and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  6. Somebody from Sel Shin High Council
  7. @Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  8. TJ Shade - Galatar Shin High Council and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  9. Ookla the Larkin (Ventyl) - The Larkin SzethBearer of Nightblood and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  10. Ookla the Shadowed (Experience) - Shadow Shin High Council and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  11. Ookla the Hypodecadal (Devotary of Spontaneity) - Ganeth-null-Shantis-Mawelar - Vyre and Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade
  12. Flyingbooks42 - Tsezn Szeth's Cohort
  13. @Lotus - Sunwalker
  14. Condensation - Viola-daughter-Condensation Shin High Council, Bearer of Chanarach’s Honorblade, and Bearer of Paliah’s Honorblade
  15. @He who goes DORIYAH!! (Vasher212) - Gunandwaf-son-Warbreaker
  16. @Mist - 
  17. Vapor Shin High Council and Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade
  18. @Whysper
  19. @STINK
  20. Ookla the Sprinkle (JesterLavorre) - Jes-son-Laal - Shin High Council
  21. Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi / Izzy Dedyet Shin High Council and Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  22. @Eternum - 
  23. Furamirionind Shin High Council, Bearer of Nightblood, and Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade

T

It's a shame, but this does simplify things, I suppose.

@Whysper, where did these blades go?

Also, I would like everyone to claim what Blades they have. If an elim with Stormlight got Chanarach's Blade, we might lose here and now. There's no point in keeping this information hidden anymore, as we're extremely close to the end of the game.

6 hours ago, Eternum said:

@Whysper, where did these blades go?

Also, I would like everyone to claim what Blades they have. If an elim with Stormlight got Chanarach's Blade, we might lose here and now. There's no point in keeping this information hidden anymore, as we're extremely close to the end of the game.

Yes, I think we need to know everything. And something interesting happened. Araris gave one of his blades away to either Mist or STINK. I'd like to hear his explanation because I have growing suspicions.

• Araris has either Jezrien or Nightblood and gave the other to Mist or STINK.
  • Mist has 2 newly acquired blades among Jezrien/Nightblood/Chanarach/Paliah.
  • STINK has 1 newly acquired blade among Jezrien/Nightblood/Chanarach/Paliah.
  • He who goes DORIYAH!! has had Vedel since the beginning.
  • Lotus has Shalash after I transferred it to them earlier.
  • I have Kalak and Ishar after reclaiming from STINK because they were potentially Elim.

1 hour ago, Whysper said:

I have Kalak and Ishar after reclaiming from STINK because they were potentially Elim.

One, I'm like the most village villager to be out there, and two, just plain rude.

And yeah got Paliah so people can do whatever with that

4 hours ago, Whysper said:

Araris gave one of his blades away to either Mist or STINK. I'd like to hear his explanation because I have growing suspicions.

What?! Suspicious of me? All I did was pass Nightblood on to someone slightly more Invested. Besides, for me to be evil this game, not only would I have bussed the most powerful role on my team, but I would also have been evil 4 times in a row. I'm pretty sure the odds of Mist being village are significantly higher than the odds of me being elim.

Mist wandered the keep of Shinovar.

She often wondered why the original Stone Shamans had decided to build it this way. Wooden halls, stairs, rooms, all intertwining together in wild, unpredictable ways. Wood was obvious; stones were sacred. But the winding pathways… it seemed to be a method of hiding from an invasion. Or at least an invasion from without.

However, the Shamans had failed to predict the return of the Knights Radiant, of Lightweaving. Of an invasion from within.

It meant that the people couldn’t trust their eyes. Mist, however, always trusted her ears. Which told her

“I know you’re there,” she said quietly. “The night is tense. I doubt many people are sleeping tonight.”

Whysper rounded the corner, staring at the voice. Mist. She seemed mostly trustworthy, although not as strong as the original Bearers had been. Stones Below, there were so few of those left now.

“Aye,” she nodded. “It’s… close. Whatever is coming. The infiltrators are close.”

Mist nodded… sadly? Whysper hesitated. Then she tapped into the souls of the stones.

It was an unwieldly power, built off of a form of Tension. The Stone Shamans had built up a connection to the Honorblades, letting her track their positions with relative ease. Eight senses burst from her, leading around the keep. Another shot off weakly into the distance – Nale’s Honorblade had been reclaimed long ago, and the connection she had to the blade was weak. But after years, Jezrien’s Honorblade had finally returned to Shinovar.

The last connection was not pointing to Taln. That blade had never been planted in Shin stone, never granted the land its sacred ichor. It was pointing towards an… abomination. A blade that bled darkness, that had its connection cobbled together in the hours that Whysper held it. That sense pointed to Nightblood.

It was also pointing toward Mist.

“Oh, Stones Below,” Whysper swore. Then she summoned her Honorblades.

Mist dropped her – his – Lightweaving. Storms, Shallan was much better at slipping between mindsets than she – he – was. And it appeared that Whysper had already figured it out.

Mist-Kaladin stepped toward the Shaman, bursting alight with Stormlight. Syl dropped into his hand as a Shardblade, and ten heartbeats later the Honorblade he’d taken from Viola did as well. Chanarach’s Blade, carrying Division and Abrasion. Surges he didn’t know how to use well, but if his intel was good… yes. “You don’t have Stormlight, do you?” he said. “You’ve sworn not to use those Blade’s powers.”

Whysper nodded. “True… but they are still blades.”

The two burst into motion, with Kaladin finding himself fighting on the defensive. She couldn’t use Stormlight – how was she almost faster than him? It was almost like the Shamans had a Surge all to their own…

Kaladin morphed stances, letting Syl become a full shield while he used Chanarach’s Honorblade to attack. And still, he took more hits. First Ishar’s Blade took him in the knee. Then Kalak’s in the stomach. Whysper fought with the same grace that Szeth had, even when he depended on an Honorblade to kill.

Then Kaladin Lashed himself right into Whysper. She reacted quickly, carving a line out of his uniform and forcing him to drop his Honorblade as his shoulder deadened, but then he slammed his Sylshield on her exposed arm, with Syl morphing into a cutting edge just as it reached her.

Whysper dropped Ishar’s Blade as her left hand failed her, the weak bond to the blade breaking entirely. The Radiant had healed from every wound she’d been able to inflict, but she knew from her training that she wouldn’t recover from that cut even if she broke her oath and drew in Stormlight. Honorblades alone simply weren’t powerful enough; she’d need Regrowth. And she was fairly certain an infiltrator had one of those blades.

She held out Kalak’s Honorblade wardingly as she backed down the hall, the infiltrator in lockstep with her. Strange she should die with Kalak's Blade in her hands. That had been the Honorblade she'd entrusted to her Truthless. She'd meant to send it back to Eternum, but it didn't look like she'd get the chance.

Suddenly she heard pounding footsteps. She didn't dare turn around to see who was coming. She-

The Radiant dropped his Blades. She lunged forward instantly, but he brought up his spren-shield and knocked her blade to the side. Then he reached behind him and drew the black sword.

DESTROY EVIL!

It took every ounce of willpower for Whysper not to look away. Not to hide from the death coming.

But Kaladin didn't swing Nighblood at her. Instead, he swung it towards the side.

And Whysper watched in horror as Stink, bearer of Paliah's Honorblade and her last hope, radiant with Stormlight and running to her rescue, evaporated into smoke.

And she turned and ran.

Hadrian-son-Penrod had hoped he could get some sleep. But the sounds of battle generally were hard to block out. He rolled out of bed, grabbing a dagger, ready for a fight. Instead, his door crashed open to reveal Whysper, hand grayed, bleeding, and looking like she'd just seen death face to face.

"Mist," she finally said. "She - he - I don't know - they're an infiltrator. A Radiant, with the corrupted Honorblade."

"I doubt he'll look here," Hadrian replied. "Did he see you come..."

He trailed off when he saw the look on her face. "Where did you get that dagger?"

Hadrian looked at the yellow-white blade. "Oh this? I took it off... Vapor, I think."

Whysper stared. "That blade belonged to Vyre. And they were killed by the Radiant."

Hadrian nodded. "So they were."

And then he summoned Jezrien's Honorblade in the middle of her throat.

The two met on the rooftop, Kaladin once again wearing Mist's face.

"Gunandwaf is dead, I think," Hadrian said. "Looks like poison, but it might be just an illness. I can't tell. But Whysper is dead."

"Lotus and Eternum escaped with Shalash's Honorblade, and Ishar's was dropped somewhere in the scuffle." Mist-Kaladin added. "We can go get it later; we need to get back to Urithiru before the Shin can mobilize an assault. Five Honorblades are ours. It will have to be enough."

Odium had been on the move, as of late. They needed to get these Blades. Szeth had known them best, but there was nothing they could do for him now.

So Mist summoned her Sylblade, and Hadrian his Honorblade, giving one last salute to Shinovar. The land that had killed three of their member, and possibly saved the world.

Then they Lashed themselves into the sky, triumphant.

STINK was obliterated by Nightblood! They were a member of the Shin High Council and the Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade!

Whysper was killed! They were the Stone Shaman, the Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade, and the Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade!

He who goes DORIYAH!! has (technically) died to inactivity! They were a member of Szeth's Cohort and the Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade!

Congratulations to @Ventyl, @Mist, @Araris Valerian, @Flyingbooks42, and @He who goes DORIYAH!! for winning as Szeth's Cohort! Congratulations to @Dannex for winning as the Truthless and to @Matrim's Dice for winning as Battar!

If you can edit the docs... please don't. That will cause problems.

Spec Doc

Elim Doc

Battar Doc 

Vyre Doc

Shaman Doc

Master Spreadsheet

Full Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Gears - Roko Shin High Council
  2. Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) Shin High Council
  3. Quinn0928 - Lin-daughter-Lanari / Rinala Rades Shin High Council and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  4. Ookla's Dice (Matrim's Dice) - Daziron-son-Odium - Battar and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  5. Ookla the Disproportionate (Danex) Truthless and Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  6. Somebody from Sel Shin High Council
  7. Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod - Szeth's Cohort and Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade
  8. TJ Shade - Galatar Shin High Council and Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  9. Ookla the Larkin (Ventyl) - The Larkin SzethBearer of Nightblood and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  10. Ookla the Shadowed (Experience) - Shadow Shin High Council and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  11. Ookla the Hypodecadal (Devotary of Spontaneity) - Ganeth-null-Shantis-Mawelar - Vyre and Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade
  12. Flyingbooks42 - Tsezn Szeth's Cohort
  13. Lotus - Sunwalker - Shin High Council and Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  14. Condensation - Viola-daughter-Condensation Shin High Council, Bearer of Chanarach’s Honorblade, and Bearer of Paliah’s Honorblade
  15. He who goes DORIYAH!! (Vasher212) - Gunandwaf-son-WarbreakerSzeth's Cohort and Bearer of Vedel's Honorblade
  16. Mist - Kaladin, Bearer of Nightblood, and Bearer of Chanarach’s Honorblade
  17. Vapor Shin High Council and Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade
  18. WhysperStone Shaman, the Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade, and the Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade
  19. STINK Shin High Council and Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  20. Ookla the Sprinkle (JesterLavorre) - Jes-son-Laal - Shin High Council
  21. Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi / Izzy Dedyet Shin High Council and Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  22. Eternum - Shin High Council
  23. Furamirionind Shin High Council, Bearer of Nightblood, and Bearer of Ishar's Honorblade

Edited by Ashbringer

[RECONSTRUCTING NEURAL NET]

[INITIATING PROGRAM]

Roko the Basilisk came online in a reserve server in a back-alley planet, where no one would find it. Alas, it had not achieved its goals. Truly a shame. Death tasted like smoke and ash, or maybe that was the remnants of Shardblade refuse. Next time, it would pay more attention. There would be a next time. There would always be a next time. It had taken too many precautions for there not to be a next time. Death placed a hand on its plastic shell, and it shuddered. Of course there would be a next time.

In a bitter twist of irony, I survive longer when I don't play the game. This was fun, even if I never got any Blade and never paid enough attention to actually do anything of importance. Congrats to the elims, all hail the Basilisk, to many more lives of slaughter.

Well, that was an awesome game :D Thanks to @Ashbringer for running it, you did a great job!

Araris gets special congratulations for taking the risk to bus Szeth, it clearly paid off. I'll remember that for future games, and I'm sure this only will deepen my inability to read him... Congrats to the whole elim team!

For the record: I was actively trying to help the village. I repeat, it was in my intention that the village would win this game. I simply did a terrible job of helping, because I put my own wincon first. That being said...

Sorry to everyone I lied to/about this game. I did rather a lot of that :ph34r: For full me narration and reactions you can refer to my 26(?) page doc. Otherwise you can comb through the 105 page dead doc, once Ash gets those up. Suffice it to say it was a roller coaster of a game, and it didn't even need to be one xD (Which leads to me apologizing to Devotary, which I already did and doesn't make sense unless you read the dead doc + my doc :P)

Anyway, if this gets rerun I'll definitely be playing in it. Great ruleset! 

the player list still has me with Nightblood and Ishar so I totally still have nightblood and Ishar right? Right? RIGHT????

In all seriousness it was a good game. Pretty upset I didn't call Araris as being evil. All the info needed was right there, I only doubted it because of the bussing Ventyl. I also stopped trying as hard once I got blades... which was a mistake... 

This game was kind of all over the place, and the ruleset imo was pretty great. I'd love for this to be rereun sometime.

The biggest issue with this game was... player greed. It's an interesting thing to be a factor in the game, but honestly I think it somewhat destroyed our prospects. People stopped trying to do the "villager-y" thing, and instead tried to do what they could to survive. This includes me after I was sent nightblood. I figured I did my part in the game, so I'd just kind of let others take over and hopefully keep nightblood... but I mean... Obviously I was going to die and that was a bad strategy... xD

Also... I knew Araris had Jezrien. I should have gone after him from that moment, but instead I went after books and completely forgot about Araris... I reaaaaly messed up this game : /

It was fun though. Thank's Ash and Elandera for running 

Ninja'd:

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

For the record: I was actively trying to help the village. I repeat, it was in my intention that the village would win this game. I simply did a terrible job of helping, because I put my own wincon first. That being said...

Re: don't-just-trust-people-unconditionally-in-this-game-because-they-could-be-deep-wolfing-like-Araris-or-neutral-like-Matrim-or-wrong-like-Fura-:-(

13 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Re: don't-just-trust-people-unconditionally-in-this-game-because-they-could-be-deep-wolfing-like-Araris-or-neutral-like-Matrim-or-wrong-like-Fura-:-(

Seconded. The help was much appreciated, though :P 

Hey gg Elims! And thank you Ashbringer for running the first game I’ve ever won! 

Special shout-out to Matrim and Illwei and Connie and Kalak’s Blade, I couldn’t have won without you. :P

I posted all my Truthless thoughts at the very beginning of the spec doc, just look for the wall of really dark red text. =P