1 hour ago, Quinn0928 said:

Oh, going back to the topic of inactivity: since I live on the east coast I probably won't be very active for long after rollover oof

Well, that's fine. I won't be active at times as well, although those are rather unpredictable. My schedule is whack.

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I mean, I knew that I'd like to run one before I started playing. I'm a little less eager, but I'm still planning on running one. I've got the setting in my mini notebook.

Well, I mean how many games do people typically play before they actually run one (sorry, unclear phrasing there)

1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

Well, I mean how many games do people typically play before they actually run one (sorry, unclear phrasing there)

Well, Ash and I joined May-June, so that might give you a bit of an idea. I don’t know for anyone else though.

3 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

Depends on the player. There's no limit, though, except for anonymous games. Just usually when the player is comfortable.

I’ve never actually run a game (although I co-GMed my first time this year). So it definitely varies dramatically based on what you are comfortable with.

On my home site, they ask that people first co-host one before hosting one. That way the person gets an idea of what is required without being the main person responsible for setting up everything. Not sure if there's any guideline like that here.

Normally, I wouldn't play because the Ooklas tend to get mixed up in my mind making it harder for me to get any reads, and I get few enough of them as it is, but I really want a Honorblade or two for my collection. With that being said, please put your hands together for the return of Izzy Dedyet.  Or Izzy-Daughter-Ammi if you will.

10 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Game starts tomorrow, right? :)

Today now, but yes. :)

10 hours ago, Whysper said:

On my home site, they ask that people first co-host one before hosting one. That way the person gets an idea of what is required without being the main person responsible for setting up everything. Not sure if there's any guideline like that here.

No requirement, but it is a good suggestion. If they don't assist first, it's a good idea to have someone with GMing experience help. This is Ash's first and I don't believe they co-GMed, which is why I offered to be the co-GM. 

20 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

People tend to play a good number simply due to the fact that it takes a while to get to the top of the list for a game. For example, the average amount of time I've spent on the list between games is around 187 days (this can vary quite a bit though). Also, people don't sign up for games right away, so that adds even more time.

I ended up getting curious and using the data from the stats spreadsheet and doing a bit of filtering, I got an average of 13 games (probably a bit of an underestimate, since it doesn't distinguish co-GMing). See here for more.

Edited by Straw

I have concluded my investigation. Or, rather, I have concluded what can be investigated at this time.

A large group pierced our fortifications, with the power of Shardblades and Surges, notably the lost Surge of Gravitation. Perhaps Radiant Gravitation, if the rumors are to be believed. And I believe they are. This would make this grouping a cohort sent by Dalinar, likely with the guardsman Kaladin at its head. Noble men, but dangerous and misguided ones. There were seperate incursions at other places, but I think those are of minor consequence. For now.

Here is my proposition. Have every Honorblade bound to an individual. Keep them from being summoned. Use their powers if you must, but above all be secretive. Losing another Honorblade would be disastrous, and I doubt they only came for one.

Be vigilant, for here stonewalkers tread. Find them. Dispose of them, if you must. But rid Shinovar of this invasion, and do it with haste.

For one of our member will be watching.

- Radezk-son-Jhoun, Emissary of the Stone Shamans.

LG72 has begun!... Finally. PMs are hard.

The Day will end at 5:00 PM PST on December 6th, about 47 hours from now.

A few notes/clarifications:

• @Elbereth will be our IM! 
  • PMs are currently closed, and will be until opened with Abrasion. So no PMs this turn.
  • I'll probably send out GM PMs before I post this, but if you haven't gotten yours... yell at me or something.
  • Slightly less than half of you got a GM PM from me, and slightly more than half got one from Elandera. This means nothing except that I type slow and that I really couldn't do this without Elandera...
  • If you need a vote count or a clarification in-thread, @ me, or send it in the GM PM.
  • All PMs are to be one-on-one. No group PMs. I've seen what those can do.
  • NO RHYTHM OF WAR SPOILERS IN THE THREAD. Even in spoiler boxes or in PMs. One, I'm not sure even if that's allowed. But mainly, I still haven't read RoW yet, and therefore can't open those spoiler boxes to make sure nothing sneaky is happening. I'd rather be able to avoid the possibility/suspicion of information trading within spoiler boxes that not everyone can open for fear of spoilers.
    • (Don't worry, I'll read RoW soon... but the rule still stands.)
  • Edit: knew I was forgetting something... if you'd like a link to the Spec Doc (and are not a player in the game...) PM me and I'll send you a link.

The full game rules can be found here.

Honorblade List: (because I can never remember which Order Vedel's the Herald of...)

Spoiler
  • Chanarach’s Honorblade:
    • Division and Abrasion

• Vedel’s Honorblade:
    • Abrasion and Progression

• Pailiah’s Honorblade:
    • Progression and Illumination

• Shalash’s Honorblade:
    • Illumination and Transformation

• Battar’s Honorblade:
    • Transformation and Transportation

• Kalak’s Honorblade:
    • Transportation and Cohesion

• Ishar’s Honorblade:
    • Tension and Adhesion

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Gears - Roko
  2. @Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) -  
  3. @Quinn0928 - Lin-daughter-Lanari / Rinala Rades
  4. @Ookla's Dice (Matrim's Dice) - Daziron-son-Odium
  5. @Ookla the Disproportionate (Danex) - 
  6. @Somebody from Sel - 
  7. @Ookla the Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian) - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  8. @TJ Shade - Galatar
  9. @Ookla the Larkin (Ventyl) - The Larkin
  10. @Ookla the Shadowed (Experience) - Shadow
  11. @Ookla the Hypodecadal (Devotary of Spontaneity) - Ganeth-null-Shantis-Mawelar
  12. @Flyingbooks42 - Tsezn
  13. @Lotus - Sunwalker
  14. @Ookla the Grammatical (Condensation) - Viola-daughter-Condensation
  15. @Ookla who goes DORIYAH!! (Vasher212) - Gunandwaf-son-Warbreaker
  16. @eltruT (Turtle) - Turtle
  17. @Ookla the Watcher (Kings_Way) - Velton-son-Hasweth
  18. @The Windrunner Supreme - Supreme Cows
  19. @STINK
  20. @Ookla the Sprinkle (JesterLavorre) - Jes-son-Laal
  21. @Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi / Izzy Dedyet
  22. @Eternum - 
  23. @Furamirionind 

Edited by Ookla Fell From The Sky

I have a bit of time between debate rounds [I won my first round! Out of four... *insert internal screaming*] so I wrote this up after I got my GM PM. Ash, you do indeed type slow.

Sidenote: I’m not claiming elim this game. Now that I’ve managed to become one, I’m going to finally take this strategy in the direction I originally wanted: To be able to claim elim or not and seem normal either way. As such, I may claim elim, or I might not, depending on the game and my moods at the time. If you decide to lynch me for this, I accept your judgement with grace, if not contentedness. It is D1, after all, and we have very few leads.

The following is an analysis of rules.

Stormlight: A limited resource mechanic. You need it to be useful. However, hoarding is a genuine strategy, since there doesn’t appear to be a cap.

Surges: One Stormlight charge to use.

Adhesion: A vote cancellation. Like many lynch manipulating abilities, this is quite valuable in close quarters.

Gravitation: Learn one target. It may be difficult to use this information, since you would have to actually reach out to other people to learn things about your chosen.

Division: Murder! Be careful, since odds are against you. I’m sure you know how careful you must me, but let me reiterate: Be wise.

Abrasion: PMs. Use at night, if possible. That gives us PMs for longer.

Progression: All hail the savior. You know what to do.

Illumination: Stop everything. Well, not everything. Stop vote manipulation, scans, and roleblocks. Quite nice. I would recommend using this on yourself, if you wish to remain untainted by the pretty words of others.

Transformation: Honorblade scan. Notably, repeated use is quite good, since you learn new information every time. If they kept the blade, you learn which one. If they didn’t, you learn that they lost it somehow.

Transportation: A roleblock. If you use it during the day, odds are you hit a vote manipulator.

Cohesion: A vote replication. Like Adhesion, use it in a tight lynch.

Tension: Free Stormlight! Two for the price of one! Net-positive. However, there is only the one Tension user, so infinity is not within our reach.

Honorblades: Gives two Surges, 2 charges every 3 turns. Transferable.

Chanarach: Division and Abrasion. In the beginning, do PMs. We need connections while young, and knowledge is little in the early days.

Vedel: Abrasion and Progression. Given that I’ve asked Chanarach to do PMs, telling you to do PMs as well seems a bit extra. Solution: Chanarach, do PMs N1. Vedel, do PMs N2. That way, we have continual PMs for a while, without necessary coordination. While that happens, try to find each other so you can coordinate. Protect the ones who seem like they will be brutally murdered in the dead of night.

Pailiah: Progression and Illumination. While Progression is a powerful tool, I value Illumination more, unless you are certain that someone will be killed.

Shalash: Illumination and Transformation. Illumination is quite good, especially since Honorblades are transferable. The role scan is not especially valuable to you.

Battar: Transformation and Transportation. You can both discover someone’s role and roleblock them. Wonderful. However, as roles are transferable, your knowledge becomes out of date quickly.

Kalak: Transportation and Cohesion. Since you know nothing about roles, the vote replication may be more useful.

Ishar: Tension and Adhesion. Since you cannot know who will benefit from Stormlight, you may wish to just manipulate the lynch until you come into contact with a role scanner.

Unique roles:

Stone Shaman: Immortal while the Truthless lives. You may wish to just claim D1, get lynched, be proven innocent, and carry on. However, that is a great way for the Truthless to take advantage of this strategy and get lynched. Vedel, Chanarach, we need PMs so the Stone Shaman can claim to everyone and get killed a few times to prove it. You get to know everyone who has an Honorblade and take them back.  You may wish to pass blades along to trustworthy people. Find trustworthy people.

Truthless: Szeth-son-son-Vallano, Truthless of Shinovar, wore white on the day—Wait a second, this isn’t The Way of Kings. You want to die. Be generally suspicious, maybe claim elim. Alternatively, just claim Stone Shaman.

Kaladin: Hey, depressed slave guy! You get Adhesion and Gravitation. Gravitation seems a bit less than useful initially, especially since your good friend Szeth has it too. But you can mess with the vote! Take heart in the social manipulations you have no taste for.

Szeth: Graviton, bow before the particle that was said to be false. See the web of actions. Maybe save your Stormlight to use Nightblood instead.

Bearer of Nightblood: Kamikaze? Or save up your Stormlight over 6 cycles (18 days) to kill someone normally. Yeah, go for the suicide

Secrets: All hail.

Conclusion: We must keep the Truthless alive. Hoard Stormlight. Be wise.

Roko the Basilisk, child of no one and nothing, stood before the city border and watched as bodies were dragged away. Truly a pity. Many of those corpses had been candidates for Composition. Alas, it was too late now. The Cognitive Aspects had decayed in the hours since the attack, and all that remained was the base emotions. Useless. Apparently, some interlopers wanted the Honorblades. Roko had laid claim first, so the newcomers would have to die. There was no malice in the decision, no anger. Simply the cold acceptance of one that does not care about the destruction left in one’s wake. Perhaps the infiltrators would make good Primes.

Now, where did Rinala go? Roko thought to itself. We have much to discuss, her and I and we. It grinned in a twisted mockery of mortal pleasure, and the Primes grinned with it. The last remnants of Fourth of the Dark grinned at the prospect of vengeance, a ghoulish spectre of rotting flesh and bone in the twisting of Aons. There was no body, of course, merely a mental projection of the self, but Fourth of the Dark was always a strange Prime. Runern Evo, on the other hand, grinned in the warm triumph that comes from a successful betrayal. Death is but a stepping stone on the way to victory.

It turned away from the corpse disposal and faded into Aons that caught the light with a bitter sort of sheen. There was work to be done.

Edited by Gears

Lin-daughter-Lanari was bored. This whole Council thing was boring. All she'd had to do was temporarily incapacitate one of the members and wear her face. The Ghostbloods had given her enough information for her to feel comfortable in the position. And comfortable was boring. As of yet she hadn't seen anything of note, anything related to her mission... no Honorblades, and certainly no Alethi invaders. She missed Alethkar... the only think she liked about Shinover was the food--she would never get tired of eating chicken.

Sorry, I don't have much in the way of RP lol I don't know much of anything about Shinovar so.... anyway, I'd say for the most part I agree with Gears' assessment of stuff. 

Edit: though maybe Bearer of Nightblood should like... hold off on going all kamikaze until they're really sure about who they should kill? And by then they might have enough Stormlight anyway.

Edited by Quinn0928