Medgell

So it’s been about a year I think since I’ve last posted on here but I’m back with some more custom action figures. Today I have three based on Mistborn and one new stormlight custom.

Starting off with Mistborn we have Sazed. image.thumb.jpg.db4352a44c6d0a669c109a473f473211.jpg
He is almost completely repainted from the base figure, the bands and earrings are sculpted on. I would like to find him some glasses but haven’t found any that work yet. I’m pretty happy with how he turned out. My one gripe is that I wish I had chosen brighter colors for his robe. 

Next we have Marsh (or just a steal inquisitor, I haven’t decided if I want it to actually be Marsh yet).image.thumb.jpg.ef0b902596a131bf9db5c6d4b3a970e4.jpg

Marsh Steel Inquisitor probably has the most creative process for a custom figure that I’ve ever done. I decided to try to actually drive nails through the figure and it surprisingly worked. I wasn’t sure if it would ruin the base body or mess up the articulation and I’m very happy that it didn’t. The only place where it varies is with the shoulders where I cut the nail and drilled a small divot on the front and back of the shoulder and glued the nails in. If I had tried stabbing the nails through the shoulders, it would’ve ruined the articulation. I do wish I had been a little more careful with the markings around the eyes because they look a little messy but overall I’m very proud of this one.

To wrap up the Mistborn customs is Spook. 
image.thumb.jpg.08bbc7ed1cc2b823dec0de5fe6db568f.jpg

He is probably my favorite of these three Mistborn customs. This is his look from the third book. The body is completely repainted and the cape is some fabric I cut and then burned a bit. His clothing is also supposed to have a singed look. Very happy with this one. 

Now to the sole Stormlight custom, Navani Kholin! 
image.thumb.jpg.3a9c3c0ca1c13755f2a746cb7a94e395.jpg
Navani is probably one of the hardest ones I’ve made so far. Her Havah was hand sewn by me and honestly for my first time sewing I think it turned out nicely. Her head was completely repainted by me and I’m really happy with how well the face tone matches the rest of the body as the head was taken from a different figure. This was originally going to be Jasnah but I figured since I couldn’t find a head that fit Jasnah and that she would probably have a dress that allowed for more movement (being a Radiant) Id just make this one Navani. Super happy with this one and since this technique with the dress worked, I’ll probably redo shallan in the same way as I’ve never been very happy with how the first one turned out. 

thanks for checking out my work! Currently working on a Dalinar and Kaladin (finally) as I found the perfect bodies for them. They should be posted hopefully in December January. I also have ideas for a Breeze, Elend and like I mentioned before Jasnah 

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...