Shard-Hammer

Hello everyone!

10 posts in this topic

I'm new to the site, in fact I'm fairly new to the Cosmere, having read only the Stormlight Archive books (I'm still finishing RoW). But I'm excited to take the next step in my journey with the other books!

I don't have many people to talk about the Cosmere irl, so I was really eager to join this community and join the discussions. Thanks for having me!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard! 

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard! 

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

Hi! I would have to say that I love every character in Roshar so far, even those I disagree with amaze me in some way or another (this is part of the reason why I like Sanderson's books so much). But if I had to choose, either Jasnah, Venli or Eshonai, love them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A common problem, sadly. Welcome to the Shard!

P.S. don't visit anyone's profile till you're done with Rhythm of War or you might get spoiled.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shard-Hammer said:

I'm new to the site, in fact I'm fairly new to the Cosmere, having read only the Stormlight Archive books (I'm still finishing RoW). But I'm excited to take the next step in my journey with the other books!

I don't have many people to talk about the Cosmere irl, so I was really eager to join this community and join the discussions. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Shard! Yeah, I don't know a single other Sanderfan irl, but everyone here is cool. What's your favorite Cosmere Book?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard-Hammer (get it... welcome to the Shard, Shard-Hammer but then you combine them and... yknow lets just move along :P) Delighted to have you join us!

This is the perfect spot to be whether you are new to the Cosmere or a 500 year veteran we are just happy to have you here! So awesome you've been enjoying Stormlight as you go through! They are absolutely fantastic and def my personal faves :D Hope you enjoy the rest of the Cosmere as much if not even more!

And yeah, not having any irl Cosmere friends to chat with puts you right at home here and the amazing thing is you now get to talk to all of us! Which books do you think you will move to next?

Edited by Scout_Fox
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 7:11 PM, Ookla the Tortured said:

Welcome to the Shard! Yeah, I don't know a single other Sanderfan irl, but everyone here is cool. What's your favorite Cosmere Book?

Thanks! I think WoK still owns my heart, though may be more nostalgia at this point, cause the others are certainly good contenders :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 10:32 PM, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard-Hammer (get it... welcome to the Shard, Shard-Hammer but then you combine them and... yknow lets just move along :P) Delighted to have you join us!

This is the perfect spot to be whether you are new to the Cosmere or a 500 year veteran we are just happy to have you here! So awesome you've been enjoying Stormlight as you go through! They are absolutely fantastic and def my personal faves :D Hope you enjoy the rest of the Cosmere as much if not even more!

And yeah, not having any irl Cosmere friends to chat with puts you right at home here and the amazing thing is you now get to talk to all of us! Which books do you think you will move to next?

Thank you!! I'm really glad I joined. 

I'm planning moving on to mistborn, though I'm reading both The Wheel of Time and Discworld at the same time so I guess I have a long road ahead. Love me some long stories hahaha!! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shard-Hammer said:

Thank you!! I'm really glad I joined. 

I'm planning moving on to mistborn, though I'm reading both The Wheel of Time and Discworld at the same time so I guess I have a long road ahead. Love me some long stories hahaha!! 

Absolutely! We are delighted to have you! :D That sounds like the perfect spot to move to next good thinking. That does most certainly sound like a solid set of reading ahead though! Long good stories are the best stories. Have fun!!

Oh also our final welcome step says "thou shalt give corrections because ofc it gives maximum welcomeness warm fuzzies" :P Lol no biggie but mods prefer to not have double posts. You can tap the plus icon next Quote on all the peoples posts you want to quote them all at once in one mega post! Welcome again!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the shard! Great time to join the shard! Many of us here have the same problem. We don’t know anyone irl to discuss these books with but hey! That does not stop us! 
I have always thought of starting discworld but it is too big a series even for me, I fear.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.