Guardian of Ancient Sin, And Other Dawnshard Questions

Delightful

What does it mean?

Firstly sin is a pretty christian concept itself. Pulling up a definition from google, we've got "an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law." 

We know this referers to Larkins, which are protectors of (this? all?) Dawnshard/s.

And Dawnshards were used to break apart Adonalsium. So that fits on the surface, but it brings up a lot of questions for me. 

1. Is the Shattering definitely the sin involved?
2. Who is the sin against? Was Adonalsium considered a deity? The God Beyond? Some other semi-deity like the Returned or Hold or Harmony?
3. The name 'Guardian of Ancient Sin' seems to come from the Dawnshard itself. But it doesnt have its own consciousness and it was presumably made/invested/given intent by adonalisum. If so, what was Adonalsium referring to?
3a. Are larkins not native to Roshar, if Adonalsium set them to guard the Dawnshard/s?
3b. Are larkins so rare because "the enemy" have hunted them down to make finding the Dawnshard easier?
3c. Who the heck are the enemy anyway? If Roshar has too many secret societies already, what does secret society land look like across the whole Cosmere?
4. Whats the connection between Larkins and Sleepless, and Larkins and Reshi great shells? We assumed crustaceans are all native to Roshar but we know Sleepless aren't, therefore possibly not Larkins either. 
5. Lopen said something about old Herdazian gods, who are they are are they related to the listeners/Odium?

*pauses shovelling pasta into mouth to realise Ive gone way off track*

[Image description. A side character from Mean Girls is looking emotional. She has short blonde hair and a pink shirt. The caption should read "I just have a lot of feelings", but the word 'feelings' has been blacked out and replaced with 'questions'. End description]

Ihavealotofquestions.png

So the small amount of knowledge I have:

1. Most likely. That seems to be a good theory. Unless Change itself is a sin, which would be.... highly odd.
2. If the Shattering is the sin, then yes, it was probably against Adonalsium. There aren't many that really believe in the God Beyond besides Dalinar to my knowledge."
3. It's entirely possible that the name "Guardian of Ancient Sin did not originate until after Adonalsium's Shattering (if we're assuming the above two questions are correct, of course).
3a. I don't think we know WHO put the Larkins as Guardians, but I theorize they may have originally come from Yolen and probably some relative to the dragons there. Maybe. The last part is a long shot.
3b. Probably.
3c. There's always another secret.
4.Larkins and Sleepless: nothing except the proto-Larkin spawn that the Sleepless bred. Larkin and Greatshells. Unclear. Maybe the Larkins simply adapted to the environment in a way that they saw the greatshells doing. Also, isn't there a common depiction of Adonalsium as the Crab God or something?
5. It's likely that the old Herdazian gods are simply reskins of other gods or other god-like invested entities that prance around Roshar. Did he go into much detail about them besides a brief mention?

6 hours ago, ArchangelCaesar said:

So the small amount of knowledge I have:

1. Most likely. That seems to be a good theory. Unless Change itself is a sin, which would be.... highly odd.
2. If the Shattering is the sin, then yes, it was probably against Adonalsium. There aren't many that really believe in the God Beyond besides Dalinar to my knowledge."
3. It's entirely possible that the name "Guardian of Ancient Sin did not originate until after Adonalsium's Shattering (if we're assuming the above two questions are correct, of course).
3a. I don't think we know WHO put the Larkins as Guardians, but I theorize they may have originally come from Yolen and probably some relative to the dragons there. Maybe. The last part is a long shot.
3b. Probably.
3c. There's always another secret.
4.Larkins and Sleepless: nothing except the proto-Larkin spawn that the Sleepless bred. Larkin and Greatshells. Unclear. Maybe the Larkins simply adapted to the environment in a way that they saw the greatshells doing. Also, isn't there a common depiction of Adonalsium as the Crab God or something?
5. It's likely that the old Herdazian gods are simply reskins of other gods or other god-like invested entities that prance around Roshar. Did he go into much detail about them besides a brief mention?

3. That would mean that another being altered or influenced the Dawnshard to give it that conception. Interesting. 
3c. Yeah im glad for the wiki otherwise I dont know how we're going to keep track of anything a few more books down the line. Im already struggling a little rereading OB because there's just so much setting and lore to keep in mind all the time. How does so dang much happen in these........thousands-page-books......I wonder....
4. I dont think I know of any depiction of Adonalsium, other than the Dawnshard mural. That also sounds like it could be a fandom silliness, like cat-quisitors and Shardforks. Ill have a quick look around. Also crab-god sounds....very edible.
5. Nah it was just a swear. Im just interested in who is and isnt native to Roshar, and like, Ryan had some uncomfortable thoughts about how the Passions sounds uncomfortably like Odium-worship so it got me thinking. If the Thaylens are also (part) native, I wonder what long eyebrows have to do with crustaceans. Or Aimians or.....*sigh* there are so many different peoples. I just need a timeline of Rosharan history.