Zu and Godeke

Toaster Retribution

What were everyones thoughts on these two? I thought it was fun to see other non-Kholin KRs. Godeke was just a really great guy, and I found his continued belief in Vorinism really intresting. Zu was also cool, given that she gives us a view into a culture we haven't seen very much of. Her backstory as someone who was believed to be mad due to her bond was fascinating as well. And it felt like the text implied that she might have some combat skills as well, despite the fact that she claims that she only worked as a guide on the Reshi Isles. 

What did you think about our new Radiants?

I was glad to see some other radiants as well - Godeke because he's probably what a regular (read: non-Lift) Edgedancer is like, and Zu because it was nice to finally see a Stoneward. I was also happy to see the Stump, even if her appearance was fleeting. They didn't have very much to do this book unfortunately, but perhaps Brandon didn't want to give too much about the other orders away. He has said that we wouldn't find out too much more about Edgedancers until the back 5, right? And that was the reason he wrote Edgedancer? Either way, I liked meeting some new radiants. :)

I liked them, they both seemed pretty cool, and it was nice to see some more "normal" Radiants who aren't special cases, or nobility like most of the others we've seen. I don't expect them to have major roles or much character development (since they're back half Radiants, we probably won't get their oaths either) but I do hope they maintain a presence in the series moving forward.

5 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Godeke was just a really great guy, and I found his continued belief in Vorinism really intresting.

I'm pretty sure he was a member of the Devotary of Sincerity. He mentions the Book of Endless Pages, which an important symbol to that devotary, and his open view on Vorinism reflects their nature of finding their own answers, while remaining devoted to Vorinism.

1 minute ago, Greywatch said:

Zu was my fave! :lol: She made me laugh, and her and Ua'pam were so sweet. I really want more of them. <3 Another experience for the One!

I really liked Zu too. I was a bit sad that she (or Godeke) ultimately didn't have a presence in the Honorspren-storyline beyond Part 2.