I finally joined

Lightdancer

Hello, humans! (And spren, singers, kandra, Sho Del and dragons.)

After lurking for a while, I finally joined the forums. I've been a Stormlight fan for a couple years, and over the past year I read almost the whole Cosmere. I'm a big fan of these books, and I guess a Stormlight release is a great time to join the community.

I'm not very skilled at online communities, but I'm excited to be here.

23 minutes ago, Lightdancer said:

Hello, humans! (And spren, singers, kandra, Sho Del and dragons.)

After lurking for a while, I finally joined the forums. I've been a Stormlight fan for a couple years, and over the past year I read almost the whole Cosmere. I'm a big fan of these books, and I guess a Stormlight release is a great time to join the community.

I'm not very skilled at online communities, but I'm excited to be here.

Welcome to the Shard! Glad to have you here. I’m a Herald, if you hadn’t noticed, so hello!What’s your favorite Cosmere book? (Like the profile pic btw)

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

Welcome to the Shard Lightdancer! Glad to have you join us and lurk no longer :D 

So awesome you've dived into the Cosmere over the past year! It is definitely dive worthy (just make sure to not bonk your shnoggin :P) And hey, if you're a big fan of these books you are going to be perfect for us here! RoW is absolutely the perfect time to be joining as well nicely done!

No worries about skill, we are just excited to have you! Have you read any non-Cosmere yet?

Thanks, guys! You people are really welcoming.

13 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Welcome to the Shard!  Who is your favorite character in Era II?

I think my favorite character is either Marasi or Steris. I like them all, though.

11 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard Lightdancer! Glad to have you join us and lurk no longer :D 

So awesome you've dived into the Cosmere over the past year! It is definitely dive worthy (just make sure to not bonk your shnoggin :P) And hey, if you're a big fan of these books you are going to be perfect for us here! RoW is absolutely the perfect time to be joining as well nicely done!

No worries about skill, we are just excited to have you! Have you read any non-Cosmere yet?

Thanks for the encouragement! I have read non-Cosmere. I've read Steelheart and The Rithmatist, and I really enjoyed Skyward and Starsight.

11 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome! 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Mine is The Way of Kings, or maybe Rhythm of War.

Good choices. I guess you enjoyed Rhythm of War, then?

1 hour ago, Lightdancer said:

Thanks, guys! You people are really welcoming.

I think my favorite character is either Marasi or Steris. I like them all, though.

Thanks for the encouragement! I have read non-Cosmere. I've read Steelheart and The Rithmatist, and I really enjoyed Skyward and Starsight.

Thanks!

Good choices. I guess you enjoyed Rhythm of War, then?

It was amazing. Amazing doesn't begin to describe it, not by a faint breeze of stormwind. 

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

4 hours ago, Lightdancer said:

Absolutely! Always a joy to have new members join us :D That is quite the non-Cosmere list as well there. Would definitely recommend Alcatraz to try too! They are so uniquely hilarious and lighthearted they are always worth a shot. Welcome again!

Edited by Scout_Fox

11 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

It was amazing. Amazing doesn't begin to describe it, not by a faint breeze of stormwind. 

Can't say I disagree.

11 hours ago, The Windrunner Supreme said:

Welcome to the shard! 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Absolutely! Always a joy to have new members join us :D That is quite the non-Cosmere list as well there. Would definitely recommend Alcatraz to try too! They are so uniquely hilarious and lighthearted they are always worth a shot. Welcome again!

I'll have to look into that!