4 posts in this topic

I thought of Dwight Schrute as being a Skybreaker, and then I thought it would be fun to do it for other characters of similar shows. Anyone have any ideas for the ones I left blank? Or any additional members for the orders I put? 

Windrunner:

Skybreakers: Dwight Schrute

I think Dwight would totally assassinate a dozen or so world leaders because of a weird law with a rock. He might even, one day, become the Assistant to the Herald of Law.

Dustbringer: 

Edgedancer: Marshall Erickson

Environmentalist. Lawyer for the little guy. Friendly, walks down the street like he’s already friends with everyone. Just a genuinely caring guy.

Truthwatcher:

Lightweaver: Tom Haverford/ Barney Stinson

I considered Jim Halpert as a Lightweaver, as he doesn’t admit truths for the first 4 seasons of the show. He obfuscates, and almost all of his dialogue is subtextual. But, Tom is perfect for the order. He presents a facade constantly, is showy and relies on light shows, he lives a lie in his marriage, etc. The same for Barney, with his plays and magic and constant lying, to himself and those around him, in order to hide his deep-rooted insecurities. I think Pam and Jim would both fit in here for the above reasons. Lily from HIMYM would fit too, I think Not just as an artist, but because she represses uncomfortable things. This is the order I got all 4 times I took the test. So, there might be more Lightweavers here because I relate to these characters in various ways.

Elsecaller: Ben Wyatt

The ideal of attaining one’s potential is a big driver behind Wyatt’s arc. I thought Dustbringer at first because his early motivation is almost solely proving his fiscal responsibility following Icetown. But, his larger arc has to do with reaching higher and for what he actually desires rather than settling for the in-house accounting job. And his accounting career post-Icetown is mostly to prove that he can be fiscally responsible, rather than actually caring so much about the fiscal responsibility as an intrinsic good. His desire for self-mastery is a stepping stone towards reaching his potential. I think Leslie fits here too. I could see arguments for putting Leslie in a lot of different orders.

Willshaper: Ron Swanson

Craftsman, Libertarian (I considered Stoneward because of his temperament, but he is most definitely not interested in being there when needed). The notion of the Willshapers being craftsmen isn’t super explored in RoW, but I think Ron would fit in well with the Dawnsingers, shaping the stones.

Stoneward:

Bondsmith: Robert California

This is almost a joke, but just almost. I think Robert would convince the Sibling to bond with him as the Sibling is rather susceptible to skilled persuasion. Robert would really only do this so he could have Urithiru as his bachelor’s palace, the temple to wine and sex. He also would totally start his own religion.

Leslie Knope - The heart of an Edgedancer, the tenacity of a Stoneward, the leadership of a Windrunner, and the ability to unite of a Bondsmith. She understands the law like a Skybreaker, reaches for the potential of herself and others like an Eslecaller and a Willshaper, and she is as creative as any Lightweaver. Leslie Knope is probably the closest character in fiction to the Almighty. However, I'll say that she's a Stoneward and Bondsmith combo. 

Ann Perkins - Edgedancer or Truthwatcher. Ann cares for people often forgotten about (partially because it makes her feel powerful), but she's also always there to listen to those who'd rather not be heard...and give them the truth they need to hear. 

Ron Swanson - HARDCORE Willshaper, with a hidden Stoneward. Ron is always there when you need him, but he's not always the most...open about being there. 

Tom Hatherford - Elsecaller. One would think Willshaper, but Tom's goals are clearly about being his best self. His trials and lessons throughout the show reflect that. 

Donna Meagle - I think I had her as a Willshaper as well. Donna has the attitude and wisdom of an Elsecaller, but she isn't concerned about reaching her peak - she's already there and she knows it. Now it's all about self-expression and whatnot. Maybe that makes her a Level 5 Elsecaller?

April Ludgate - Edgedancer

Andy Dwyer - Edgedancer

Ben Wyatt - Skybreaker

Chris Traeger - Elsecaller/Dustbringer combo. I think Chris is naturally a high-level Elsecaller, but his trials in later seasons force him to become a Dustbringer. 

Jerry Gergich - Stoneward. 

I don't know Craig enough to place him just yet, but I have a feeling he'll be a Dustbringer. Mark is also hard to place, but my instincts say to place him as a Lightweaver. 

Community -

Jeff Winger - Lightweaver and Bondsmith. Jeff is a man made up of lies and facades, but he's undoubtedly the leader of the Study Group. He cares, and he cares deeply, but he's not always able to voice that care well or in a selfless way. Jeff finally coming to terms with himself, his feelings, and his life is a main arc. 

Troy Barnes - Windrunner (and Bondsmith?). Troy is the heart of the show, and he's one of the more altruistic members. A dumb jock with a heart of solid gold, but one who is always looking out for his friends. 

Abed Nadir - Truthwatcher/Dustbringer combo. Abed is all about the meta-nature of the show and Greendale, and struggles to connect to most humans outside of a screen. But he has a great heart and tries to apply what he knows to help people. 

Britta Perry - Willshaper, easily. Britta would probably rather be an Edgedancer, but she Britta'd that and became a Willshaper instead. 

Annie Edison - Bondsmith/Elsecaller combo. Jeff might be the leader, and Troy the heart, but Annie is the soul. She's innocent, community(heh)-oriented, and VERY driven. Annie is idealistic yet VERY conniving at times, so don't turn your back on her for too long. She'll take you down (in the name of the Study Group...and her GPA.) 

Shirley Bennet - Lightweaver/Elsecaller combo. Shirley would LOVE to be a Bondsmith, but alas, that's not what the Almighty called her to be. Shirley is a person who believes in the best in a person, but can and will easily manipulate people for her greater good. She likes control and refuses to let it go. But Shirley can be quite artistic and is always thinking of her friends...except when it comes to her GPA...

Pierce Hawthorn - ??? Probably an Elsecaller, but I also just want to call him a Voidbringer...

Dean - Lightweaver? 

Brooklyn 99

Captain Raymond Holt - Skybreaker. 

Terry Jeffords - Bondsmith - He's the glue that keeps the 99 together. 

Jake Peralta - Windrunner. Because he's surrounded by Skybreakers in a Skybreaker system, he seems a lot more like a Skybreaker than he actually is. (He cares about protecting people, being a real life hero, and doing the right thing than following the rules.)

Amy Santiago - Skybreaker

Charles Boyle - Skybreaker(?). Charles would definitely be Jake's Squire, but I think at his heart he's a Skybreaker. He likes law and order and is good at figuring out who is guilty and innocent without having his feelings cloud his judgement...too much. He's a great detective, which makes him a Skybreaker

Rosa Diaz - Lightweaver (that wants you to think she's a Dustbringer). Rosa is a woman who's wrapped herself in lies and half-truths, rarely letting anyone in. She's artsy, creative, and good quite good at espionage...so long as it doesn't involve small-talk. Her truths would be very personal, and very emotional. 

Hitchcock and Scully - Edgedancers

Gina Linetti - Elsecaller

How I Met Your Mother

Lily and Marshall are Edgedancers. Lily wants to be a lightweaver, but as much as her heart yearns for art, she's too self-realized to fully go there, and she knows it. Lily cares about her friends and those who might be hurt. Besides, her Aldrin Justice is EXACTLY what Lift would do. OP said it best with Marshall. 

Barney Stinson....yeah, I agree with OP, Barney is a Lightweaver. Barney's words, while sometimes harmful, have the most profound impact on his friends' lives when done well. He brings out the best in his friends (at times) and inspires others to believe in them as well. His arc is also about digging deep within himself and finding out who he is, what he really stands for, and what life means to him. 

Robin Sparkles is a Dustbringer. Competitive, controlled, and quite scary, Robin is easily the most terrifying person on the show (outside of Lily). She's also the most misunderstood internally. 

Ted Mosby...I actually don't want to give him an Order. He feels like he'd be perpetually a Squire to me. 

Sweet, I was trying to think about Windrunners forever and just blanked on Brooklyn 99 being a show. I love Jake Peralta there, he's the perfect candidate for the Windrunners. When it comes to Leslie, we should just be giving her a Shard instead of a Nahel Bond, lol. 

On 11/24/2020 at 7:42 PM, Use the Falchion said:

On 11/25/2020 at 2:42 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Community 

Jeff Winger - Lightweaver and Bondsmith. Jeff is a man made up of lies and facades, but he's undoubtedly the leader of the Study Group. He cares, and he cares deeply, but he's not always able to voice that care well or in a selfless way. Jeff finally coming to terms with himself, his feelings, and his life is a main arc. 

Troy Barnes - Windrunner (and Bondsmith?). Troy is the heart of the show, and he's one of the more altruistic members. A dumb jock with a heart of solid gold, but one who is always looking out for his friends. 

Abed Nadir - Truthwatcher/Dustbringer combo. Abed is all about the meta-nature of the show and Greendale, and struggles to connect to most humans outside of a screen. But he has a great heart and tries to apply what he knows to help people. 

Britta Perry - Willshaper, easily. Britta would probably rather be an Edgedancer, but she Britta'd that and became a Willshaper instead. 

Annie Edison - Bondsmith/Elsecaller combo. Jeff might be the leader, and Troy the heart, but Annie is the soul. She's innocent, community(heh)-oriented, and VERY driven. Annie is idealistic yet VERY conniving at times, so don't turn your back on her for too long. She'll take you down (in the name of the Study Group...and her GPA.) 

Shirley Bennet - Lightweaver/Elsecaller combo. Shirley would LOVE to be a Bondsmith, but alas, that's not what the Almighty called her to be. Shirley is a person who believes in the best in a person, but can and will easily manipulate people for her greater good. She likes control and refuses to let it go. But Shirley can be quite artistic and is always thinking of her friends...except when it comes to her GPA...

I was about to say, I think Abed would definitely be a truthwatcher, both because he has the whole Observer thing going on for him, always v attentive to what's going around but not always partcipiating, and because his tendency for bluntness. I was worried if, yknow, i "can" say hta because. Renarin is autistic and Would That Be A Stereotype, but i think it's just good specifically for Abed as a person, generally. 

I think Annie would be an Elsecaller (achiving her potential is important for her. always looking for the highest grade) or a Stoneward- because in my head she's often the one trying to convince the group to stick together, coming to jeff when he's acting wrong to moralize to him, and generally Being There to take care of peole, with a touch of strong ideals- because as the stoneward entry from th quiz says, ". They put the interests of others before their own, and will not bend their Ideals for the sake of convenience."