Amethyst Fabrials

LiftIRL

It might just be my struggling with imagining things in 3d and generally understanding physics, but reading the ars arcanum of RoW, I found something I don't think we've seen mentioned in-world in years now- Amethyst fabrials called Reverses, who do the opposite of Ruby fabrials- they make reverse movements. To quote khriss,

Raise one, and the other will be pressed downward, for instance.

In the continuing plot thread from dawnshard to rhythm of war, the invention of brand new controlled (ruby) conjoiners that let you move things in different directions (drop down a weight in a shaft, Mr Stromblessed goes up) is treated as a New Hot Deal. did sanderson forget the existence of Reversers just as much as we did, or am I missing something?

Khriss does write that they are a "recent invention". does that mean they will  be a recent invention soon, and Khriss is not in the same point in time as i assumed (Roughly around us), or are there instances of them in the book i forgot?

Generally. Help? Am I The Idiot here?

4 hours ago, LiftIRL said:

It might just be my struggling with imagining things in 3d and generally understanding physics, but reading the ars arcanum of RoW, I found something I don't think we've seen mentioned in-world in years now- Amethyst fabrials called Reverses, who do the opposite of Ruby fabrials- they make reverse movements. To quote khriss,

In the continuing plot thread from dawnshard to rhythm of war, the invention of brand new controlled (ruby) conjoiners that let you move things in different directions (drop down a weight in a shaft, Mr Stromblessed goes up) is treated as a New Hot Deal. did sanderson forget the existence of Reversers just as much as we did, or am I missing something?

Khriss does write that they are a "recent invention". does that mean they will  be a recent invention soon, and Khriss is not in the same point in time as i assumed (Roughly around us), or are there instances of them in the book i forgot?

Generally. Help? Am I The Idiot here?

I thought the big discovery was that you could use aluminum to isolate planes of movement. Like only laterally or vertically.