Things Hoid is not allowed to do in the Cosmere

jamesbondsmith

2 hours ago, StanLemon said:

44. Hoid is not allowed to imply that he is aware of the fourth wall

45. He is definitely not allowed to smash it.

46. And he is not allowed to claim he tripped and broke it by accident.

47. Nor is he allowed to blame Kelsier for pushing him, causing him to trip and accidentally break the fourth wall, as that would imply he violated rule 39.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

5 hours ago, Jasqueen said:

Wait, what? Did I miss some thing in mistborn?

No, this is just a comprehensive list of "If it could possibly be not allowed, include it, no matter how farfetched or absurd it sounds"

also, Minor Well of Ascension spoiler

Spoiler

That rule may be in reference to when Sazed was running back to Luthadel. He found the village that was deserted because the mist had stayed all day. There was one man left who was surviving off cannibalism of all his former friends and family

@Jasqueen The original list that inspired this including things like 'must not drink three quarts of red food colouring then scream during my urine test' and 'not allowed to let sock puppets take command of my post', so it's not meant to be serious at all.

Which gives me an idea:

56) Sending my Awakened uniform in my place does not as doing my shift on guard duty. Even if each individual garment would technically increase the numbers of 'guardsmen'.

On 1/10/2021 at 8:41 AM, jamesbondsmith said:

@Jasqueen The original list that inspired this including things like 'must not drink three quarts of red food colouring then scream during my urine test' and 'not allowed to let sock puppets take command of my post', so it's not meant to be serious at all.

Which gives me an idea:

56) Sending my Awakened uniform in my place does not as doing my shift on guard duty. Even if each individual garment would technically increase the numbers of 'guardsmen'.

58: And awakened undergarments do not count as weapons, even if described as WMDs (weapons of mass displeasure.)

59: Hoid is not allowed to mess with this list by causing it to mysteriously have two listings for item 33.

61) Hoid is not allowed to begin a shardblade-based mining operation in the Shin region. Yes, it is technically an untapped market, but you know it is culturally insensitive.

62) Hoid is hearby granted full control over the millitary actions of the Knights Radiant in Urithiru No, he's not

63) Disregard 62

64) Hoid is not allowed to edit the contents of this list

• 3 weeks later...

65): Hoid is no longer allowed to ask if Bridge Four can "Smell what the Rock is cooking".

65):  Hoid must stop paying people to make forged documents in steel and selling them to the scholars of Terris as ancient documents.

66): If the idea makes him grin for more than sixteen consecutive minutes, or giggle for more than ten, Hoid must ask permission from at least one being older than himself before doing it.

66a):  "Silence implies consent" does not apply as a means of obtaining permission.

66b): "Myself, in the future" does not count as being older than oneself for the above purposes.

66c): Neither does "Myself, in the past" count, despite technically being a being that existed before oneself.

4 hours ago, Aliroz-The-Confused said:

65): Hoid is no longer allowed to ask if Bridge Four can "Smell what the Rock is cooking".

65):  Hoid must stop paying people to make forged documents in steel and selling them to the scholars of Terris as ancient documents.

66): If the idea makes him grin for more than sixteen consecutive minutes, or giggle for more than ten, Hoid must ask permission from at least one being older than himself before doing it.

66a):  "Silence implies consent" does not apply as a means of obtaining permission.

66b): "Myself, in the future" does not count as being older than oneself for the above purposes.

66c): Neither does "Myself, in the past" count, despite technically being a being that existed before oneself.

68: Hoid is to stop ruining the count.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 11:28 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

39: Hoid is NEVER allowed to be within a mile of Kelsier (or vice versa) without a suitable intermediary. Only Sazed counts as suitable, as nothing short of a Shard can contain either of them, and Saze is the best of the Shards. Also the only one on Scadrial.

40: Related to the above, Hoid is not allowed to trick random people into unwittingly declaring war on Scadrial to mess with Kelsier.

41: Similarly, he may not trick random people into unwittingly declaring war on whatever group Warbreaker (under whatever name he is currently using) has joined.

42: Nor may he trick random people into causing trouble for Wan ShaiLu.

43: He is also not allowed to attend the ‘Hoid is an Asshole’ club annual gatherings, even if he agrees with the premise. (To start with Kelsier will be there, violating rule 39.)

Ok, if i violate these, you have no chance of hurting me, so what're you gonna do? I already violated the ones that I am physically able to!

5 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

Ok, if i violate these, you have no chance of hurting me, so what're you gonna do? I already violated the ones that I am physically able to!

Tell Sazed. Then he won’t be nice and welcoming to you anymore. He’s not exactly going to thrilled about violations to rule 40.

He also doesn’t appreciate it when you and Kell try to beat each other up as Fullborn vs. Mistborn  tends to cause significant environmental damage even before off-world Investiture gets involved.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Tell Sazed. Then he won’t be nice and welcoming to you anymore. He’s not exactly going to thrilled about violations to rule 40.

He also doesn’t appreciate it when you and Kell try to beat each other up as Fullborn vs. Mistborn  tends to cause significant environmental damage even before off-world Investiture gets involved.

wait, one of us is a fullborn? also, i can't beat him up in the physu=ical realm anyway, so these powers should be irrelevant