What is Harmony seeking ?

Friendshipspren

So we see harmony say this . 

Screenshot_2020-11-24-20-33-34-468.jpeg.0753ebeba6b3e72698ed5f5d77f5ecd6.jpegScreenshot_2020-11-24-20-33-43-546.jpeg.4d9f29576688ed2ed6545ef0ffc91b08.jpeg

So is he seeking a champion or a successor to his Shard ??

My friends say he's looking for a champion /agent. 

I say he's looking for a successor. 

Now , if he wants a champion or an agent . He can choose from so many worthy candidates. Wax, Wayne , Marasi , Marsh , ten soon, re luur, Me laan, and perhaps others we haven't seen. 

There's really no reason for them to embody both preservation and ruin equally. Afterall Odium's choice of Champions in Dalinar and Kaladin seems strange since both needed to give up thier emotions and to be emotionless zombies to give thier willing consent to be his champion. 

It seems it's not very important that the Champion be of the same mindset as the Shard. 

Also , leshwi and the heavenly ones are Odium's agents even tho they are very honorable and not odious in any way.

These are  the reasons which make me believe  Harmony's looking for a successor. 

Like both Rayse and Taravangian fit Odium but Tod is more cunning and dangerous and perhaps more efficient at channeling the shard. 

Similarly I believe Sazed now finds himself to be locker into inaction due to being Connected to the shard but in the wrong way. 

He needs someone who will interpret the shard as Discord or well atleast someone who's like him but not locked into inability. 

I believe we will see Sazed give up the Shard in Era 3 to someone who he deems more worthy of it. Someone who can channel it more efficiently at war without becoming a tyrant like Rayse. 

Someone who like Taravangian or dalinar is better at planning and strategies. Someone who can kill to protect. 

Whatchu think ?

Edited by Dreamspren
A little polishing

This letter is likely written before Mistborn Era 2.  Therefore he can't chose Wax as an agent as Wax hasn't been forged yet.  It explains why Harmony did what he did to Wax, he needs him to be his sword.  I suspect we will learn a lot more in the Lost Metal, and this is likely why it has been delayed to this point.

44 minutes ago, the_archduke said:

This letter is likely written before Mistborn Era 2.  Therefore he can't chose Wax as an agent as Wax hasn't been forged yet.  It explains why Harmony did what he did to Wax, he needs him to be his sword.  I suspect we will learn a lot more in the Lost Metal, and this is likely why it has been delayed to this point.

Ok but as a champion or as a successor ?

10 hours ago, Dreamspren said:

No.  Sazed's entire philosophy is to react to keep balance and let people live their lives as they see fit.  He would not be OK with meddling even through another on such a vast scale.  It basically means he knows better and I don't think he is that arrogant.

Edited by Karger

On 11/25/2020 at 8:12 AM, Karger said:

No.  Sazed's entire philosophy is to react to keep balance and let people live their lives as they see fit.  He would not be OK with meddling even through another on such a vast scale.  It basically means he knows better and I don't think he is that arrogant.

Oh yes he did not at all interfere secretly in wax or Marasi's lives to bring them where they are. Not one bit. 

Also I don't understand ur argument. As of now he's unable to use his shard to defend Scadrial properly or to bring greater prosperity or avoid conflict. 

If he can choose someone even  better suited to it , someone who can both attac and protec as the meme goes without leaning too much over to eiter side. Someone who can see theconsequences of say creating the elendel basin and making it super fertile , better than he did. 

Someone who's better at war strategy or whatever. 

Someone who also believes in the same philosophy as Sazed but with added virtues. 

Why shouldn't Harmony not give up the power to him ?

Esp if that means he can actually put his philosophy to greater effect and bring more freedom to make choices to more ppl while protecting them 

On 24/11/2020 at 9:32 PM, Friendshipspren said:

So is he seeking a champion or a successor to his Shard ??

My friends say he's looking for a champion /agent. 

I think it is too risky for sazed to think that he can find someone else for his two shards. 
these are two shards!! One of them is probably the most destructive shard ! How can one ever place that much faith in someone to vest them with the powers of two shards. 

I think this letter is before mistborn era 2 and he has found his way out. He has found his champion Wax

24 minutes ago, The Traveller said:

I think it is too risky for sazed to think that he can find someone else for his two shards. 
these are two shards!! One of them is probably the most destructive shard ! How can one ever place that much faith in someone to vest them with the powers of two shards. 

I think this letter is before mistborn era 2 and he has found his way out. He has found his champion Wax

It isn't two shards anymore. To Sazed it seems to be but to others it's Harmony.

He needs someone who can look at it as Discord perhaps. 

As for wax bring his champion. I...idk ... But I don't think he would be it. I think Harmony is playing a longer game . 

Edited by Friendshipspren
A little polishing

8 hours ago, Friendshipspren said:

Someone who also believes in the same philosophy as Sazed but with added virtues. 

Why shouldn't Harmony not give up the power to him ?

Esp if that means he can actually put his philosophy to greater effect and bring more freedom to make choices to more ppl while protecting them 

Because he does not want to act.  He trusts people to do things for themselves without divine power getting in the way.