In universe Rhythem of War authorship

Jescape

I thought it might be fun and useful to theory-crafting and discussions to try to determine which of the epigraphs were written by Navani and which were Written by Raboniel.  So here goes.

Hopefully the rest of you can help me figure them out.

Epigraph 1

Spoiler

I find this format most comfortable as it is how I've collaborated in the past. I have never done it in this way, and with kind of partner.   From Rhythm of War, page one.

Navani

Epigraph 2

Spoiler

I approach this project with an equal mixture of trepidation and hope. And I know not which should rule.  From Rhythm of War, page 1

Navani

Epigraph 3

Spoiler

I approach this project with inspiration renewed; the answers are all that should matter.  From Rhythm of War, page 1 undertext.

This one I'm not sure about could be either, I'm leaning slightly toward it being Navani.

Epigraph 4

Spoiler

In my fevered state, I worry I'm unable to focus on what is important.  From Rhythm of War, page 3.

Originally thought Navani but I'm no longer sure.

Epigraph 5

Spoiler

When in such a state, detachment is enviable. I have learned that my greatest discoveries come when I abandon lesser connections.  From Rhythm of War, page 3 undertext.

Again could be either and I'm not sure could be further commentary from whoever wrote epigraph 4 or it could be a response from their counterpart to epigraph 4, if so then it is likely written by Raboniel.

Epigraph 6

Spoiler

This song - this tone, this rhythm - sounds so familiar, in ways I cannot explain or express.  From Rhythm of War, page 5.

Again I'm not sure it could be either Navani or Raboniel. Guess is Navani but I'm not AT ALL sure.

Epigraph 7

Spoiler

I am led to wonder, from experiences such as this, if we have been wrong. We call humans alien to Roshar, yet they have lived here for thousands of years now. Perhaps it is time to acknowledge their are no aliens or interlopers. Only cousins.  From Rhythm of War, page 5 undertext.

Probably Raboniel.

Epigraph 8

Spoiler

It would have been so easy if Voidlight and Stormlight destroyed one another. Such a simple answer.  From Rhythm of War, page 6.

Again not sure at all but leaning slightly toward Raboniel.

Epigraph 9

Spoiler

We must not let our desires for a specific result cloud our perceptions. From Rhythm of War page 6 undertext.

Probably the same person who wrote epigraph 8.

Epigraph 10

Spoiler

But how can we not, in searching, wish for a specific result? What scientist goes into a project without a hope for what they will find?  From Rhythm of War, page 6 undertext.

Again probably the same person who the last two epigraphs but I could see any of them being written as a response to the other(s) in a sort of text message type conversation.

Epigraph 11

Spoiler

I find this experience so odd. I work with a scholar from the ancient days, before modern scientific theory was developed. I keep forgetting all the thousands of years of tradition you completely missed.  From Rhythm of War, page 6 undertext.

Definitely Navani.

Epigraph 12

Spoiler

This point regarding the Rhythm of War's emotional influence will be of particular interest to El.  From Rhythm of War, page 10.

Definitely Raboniel.

Epigraph 13

Spoiler

Who is this person? You used no title, so I assume they are not a Fused. Who, then, is El?  From Rhythm of War, page 10 undertext.

Definitely Navani.

Epigraph 14

Spoiler

In other circumstances, I would be fascinated by this sand to the point of abandoning all other rational pursuits. What is it? Where did it come from?  From Rhythm of War, page 13.

Navani.

Epigraph 15

Spoiler

I am told that it is not the sand itself, but something that grows upon it, that exhibits the strange properties. One can make more,with proper materials and a seed of the original.  From Rhythm of War, page 13 undertext.

I think Raboniel but it could also be Navani making note of something she was told later by Raboneil.

Epigraph 16

Spoiler

The sand originated offworld. It is only one of such amazing wonders that come from other lands - I have recently obtained a chain from the lands of the dead, said to be able to anchor a person through Cognitive anomalies. I fail to see what use it could be to me, as I am unable to leave the Rosharan system. But it is a priceless object nonetheless.  From Rhythm of War, page 13 undertext.

Raboniel.

Epigraph 17

Spoiler

As we dig further into this project, I am left questioning the very nature of God. How can a God exist in all things, yet have a substance that can be destroyed?  From Rhythm of War, page 21.

Navani I think.

Epigraph 18

Spoiler

I am not convinced any of the gods can be destroyed, so perhaps I misspoke. They can change state however, like a spren - or like the various Lights. This is what we seek.  From Rhythm of War page 21 undertext.

Raboniel.

Epigraph 19

Spoiler

Do not mourn for what has happened. This notebook was a dream we shared, which is itself a beautiful thing. Proof of the truth of my intent, even if the project was ultimately doomed.  From Rhythm of War, page 27.

Raboniel.

Epigraph 20

Spoiler

I leave you now to your own company.  From Rhythm of War, page 27.

Raboniel.

Epigraph 21

Spoiler

Opposite. Opposites of sounds. Sound has no opposite. It's merely overlapped vibration, the same sound, but sound has meaning. This sound does, at least. These sounds. The voices of gods.  From Rhythm of War, final page.

Navani but I'm not 100% sure.

Epigraph 22

Spoiler

Voice of Lights. Voice for Lights. If I speak for the Lights, then I must express their desires. If Light is Investiture, and all Investiture is deity, and deity has Intent, then Light must have Intent.  From Rhythm of War, final page.

Navani.

Epigraph 23

Spoiler

Intent matters. Intent is king. You cannot do what I attempt by accident. You must mean it. This seems a much greater law than we've ever before understood.  From Rhythm of War, endnotes.

Navani

2 hours ago, Jescape said:

I approach this project with an equal mixture of trepidation and hope. And I know not which should rule.  From Rhythm of War, page 1

Think this is Raboniel actually.  She knows what she is doing is dangerous but is still hoping her daughter can be saved.  Otherwise I think you got it.

• Jescape changed the title to In universe Rhythem of War authorship