Hello ganchos

I'm excited to finally join this fansite. I'm a huge fan of Sanderson, although I just started reading Stormlight and Mistborn this past March, and now I'm totally hooked. The only problem is, now everything else I read seems so bland compared to Sanderson's books, especially Stormlight.

2 hours ago, Miles17 said:

I'm excited to finally join this fansite. I'm a huge fan of Sanderson, although I just started reading Stormlight and Mistborn this past March, and now I'm totally hooked. The only problem is, now everything else I read seems so bland compared to Sanderson's books, especially Stormlight.

Welcome to the Shard! Yeah, everyone else is bad when compared with him, but at least we have him. What is your favorite Sanderson book?

Welcome to the Shard Miles! You may get this a lot but does your last name happen to be Morales? :P We are super excited to have you join us!

Your fanship was instant it seems as with all things Sanderson. In fact I think even on the first word of the book you already know you are going to be a huge fan :D Delighted to have you here especially if you've just started reading. Hooked is a very common trait here so you will fit in perfectly!

I can definitely agree though, going back to other things depending on where you go is a tad disappointing. Have you read any non-Cosmere yet? Hope you enjoy the Shard!

Right now, my favorite book is Oathbringer, but I'm in the middle of Rhythm of War (NO SPOILERS, PLEASE), so we'll see if that changes anything. I've got to say that my favorite character is probably Wit for the comic relief, but I also like Dalinar a lot because of his comeback from a dark place to something noble. I also like Kaladin, but he makes me depressed when he starts going into a dark place and thinks about all the friends and family of his that have died.

Edited by Miles17