Dawnshards and Feruchemy (RoW spoilers)

KandraAllomancer

I had this idea today. We know that Brandon initially intended the special number for Scadrial to be four:

King of Herdaz

Roshar is themed around the number ten. Scadrial and the cosmere as a whole is themed around the number sixteen. Are there any other planets themed around certain numbers? And if so, where and what are they? Or Read and Find Out?

Brandon Sanderson

Read and Find Out for that, but yes, this is a thing that I wanted to do at the beginning of the Cosmere and really leaned into in a couple of them. Honestly, with Mistborn, sixteen became the thing, but I was planning to lean into four more than sixteen for that series. But then sixteen became so important to the whole cosmere, and I wasn't sure... let's just say, four is where I was gonna go with that one.

But yes, there are others. Whether I'll actually really lean into them or not remains to be seen. But yes, I have plans.

YouTube Livestream 13 (July 23, 2020)

What if the four Dawnshard Commands were hidden in plain sight somewhere in Scadrian magic - namely in Feruchemical Spiritual attributes? They are exactly the basic building blocks of Cosmere, which would make the four basic Commands used to create the world to be:

Let there be Investiture

Let there be Connection

Let there be Identity

Let there be Fortune

Investiture

Investiture Command would cover Shards that give away their Investiture to create sentient life or beings. Definitely Preservation and Endowment, other possible candidates include Invention and Valor (the latter might be under Connection, we don't have enough information)

Connection

Shards that share the Unity theme - Honor, Devotion, Dominion, possibly Valor

Identity

Shards that embody living up to your Spiritual Ideal and/or helping others do the same. Cultivation, Ambition, Autonomy and (semi-confirmed) Wisdom. Rysn is this Dawnshard and interprets it as Change / Improvement

Fortune

Shards covering luck and the ultimate fate of things. Ruin, Odium, Mercy (complements the divine wrath represented by Odium) and Whimsy (as in capricious fate). The common theme is Passion. Futuresight provided by these Shards is described as dangerous (WoB). If Mercy is the Anguish Shard, then these four Shards would be most prone to be being warped by the lack of context from other Shards