Dalinar has no option to win the contest

AlejandroTeodoro

I just finished RoW and I loved it, one of my favourite of SA but the end made me so afraid. The contest of champions with the soul of Dalinar in game seemed bad idea against Rayse but with big T it looks even worse.

I am literally sure they will loose, because how can they win against Odium champion? Dalinar has 4 options for fighting. Himself, Adolin, Szeth and Kaladin. We don’t know under which laws will be the fight (with investiture or without it ) but the problem is that Odium has under his forces one element that is unbalanced.

What happen if Odium choose Nale as his champion? We watched what did Ishtar to 5 radiants, we looked how Nale knocked Szeth in seconds. How can any of the possible Dalinar champions stands against him?

Yes but Taln is practically unusable in this moment, the contest is in 10 days. They would need in 10 days to heal Isthar and Taln. The point is Nale is crazy but working crazy, Taln is totally gone as for example Jezrien.

Maybe the contest will be more magical, but then I struggle to see how Dalinar even with all his power can beat Odium

16 minutes ago, Mason Wheeler said:

You missed the fifth option: Taln.  Confirmed by the Stormfather to be the best fighter of the Heralds, and on Team Honor's side.  If only he wasn't so... well... "cata-taln-ic."  If only Team Honor had a therapist who's developing techniques for treating mental illness effectively!

I think the fact that swearing Radiant oaths in the vicinity of a Herald will temporarily restore their sanity is going to be important next book.

Edited by spitfireky

I don't think appointing Nale is a good idea.  Yes he could defeat Dalinar in a conventional duel with or without powers but Nale might see an appointment to champion as delegating him the right to decide the fate of Roshar.  I also don't think any rules for the combat itself were established so Dalinar's whole connection manipulation against Nale would work. 

Edited by Karger