Hello everone

Myrovyn

Hi everybody,

After finishing RoW, I've decided to join the forums, since I really want to discuss what happened in the book and what will happen next. I discovered Brandon's books after reading his final three books of the Wheel of Time and being really impressed by how he managed to finish it. Since then I've read Elantris, Mistborn Era 1 and 2, Warbreaker, White Sand, Stormlight and Arcanum Unbounded. The only canon cosmere work I haven't read, is Dawnshard, because I want to wait for a paperback release. 

Happy to be here and I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

Just now, Myrovyn said:

Hi everybody,

After finishing RoW, I've decided to join the forums, since I really want to discuss what happened in the book and what will happen next. I discovered Brandon's books after reading his final three books of the Wheel of Time and being really impressed by how he managed to finish it. Since then I've read Elantris, Mistborn Era 1 and 2, Warbreaker, White Sand, Stormlight and Arcanum Unbounded. The only canon cosmere work I haven't read, is Dawnshard, because I want to wait for a paperback release. 

Happy to be here and I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

Welcome to the Shard! Lad you like Brandon. Yeah, Brandon certainly has a lot of books, doesn’t he? What’s your favorite cosmere book?

That's a difficult question! Every book is great in its own way. However, I liked Mistborn: the Final Empire a lot, especially after recently finishing the Wheel of Time. The Final Empire's dystopian feel wherein almost everything seems made to make life a struggle in order to break the people living in it, could have happened after an ending in that series. Also I loved that it was a fantasy heist novel basically.

11 minutes ago, Myrovyn said:

That's a difficult question! Every book is great in its own way. However, I liked Mistborn: the Final Empire a lot, especially after recently finishing the Wheel of Time. The Final Empire's dystopian feel wherein almost everything seems made to make life a struggle in order to break the people living in it, could have happened after an ending in that series. Also I loved that it was a fantasy heist novel basically.

Yeah, the Final Empire was great. 

Welcome to the Shard! It is the perfect time to be joining to discuss RoW happy to have you here with us!

That's awesome you liked how Brandon finished off WOT and decided to check him out :D I can most definitely agree he makes some pretty awesome stuff! If you've gotten through all those you're doing great on Cosmere stuff. Hope you can get your hands on Dawnshard soon!

Have you read any non-Cosmere? Look forward to seeing you around!

On 24-11-2020 at 5:45 AM, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard! It is the perfect time to be joining to discuss RoW happy to have you here with us!

That's awesome you liked how Brandon finished off WOT and decided to check him out :D I can most definitely agree he makes some pretty awesome stuff! If you've gotten through all those you're doing great on Cosmere stuff. Hope you can get your hands on Dawnshard soon!

Have you read any non-Cosmere? Look forward to seeing you around!

I haven't read any non-Cosmere book by Brandon as of this moment. I'm going to read Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy next, but I haven't decided what I will read next. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Myrovyn said:

I haven't read any non-Cosmere book by Brandon as of this moment. I'm going to read Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy next, but I haven't decided what I will read next. Any suggestions?

As for Brandon, defenitely read Steelheart, Skyward, and the Rithmatist. 

16 hours ago, Myrovyn said:

15 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

As for Brandon, defenitely read Steelheart, Skyward, and the Rithmatist. 

Ooh coolio totally makes sense! Sounds like an awesome reading list! I would definitely go with Bearer here on the non-Cosmere suggestions :D I would also add that Alcatraz is pretty hilarious if you are looking for something a little more lighthearted and humorous. It's super unique I would say it is at least worth a try! Welcome again!

Edited by Scout_Fox