MACHICOLATIONSSSSSSSS!

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, I Am A Fish said:

Well also because man is singular...

I think?

English is hard.

It can mean human so yes it's plural but it's also singular so... English is hard.

22 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

It can mean human so yes it's plural but it's also singular so... English is hard.

Human is different. its plural has an s. Humans.

Also, I made of meme from that from that @Ookla The Frustrated

Spoiler

Edited by Aspiring Writer

7 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

No, it's man and men. two man would be incorrect grammar. two men would be correct.

*Sighs* Aspire, man can be plural, a man is correct, two men is correct, the entirety of the common man died is correct. It can be singular and plural.

Just now, Somebody from Sel said:

*Sighs* Aspire, man can be plural, a man is correct, two men is correct, the entirety of the common man died is correct. It can be singular and plural.

man referring to the gender of a person is singular, man is referring to the species/group of humans aka mankind, so it's not technically plural as there is only one mankind.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

man referring to the gender of a person is singular, man is referring to the species/group of humans aka mankind, so it's not technically plural as there is only one mankind.

This is the last thing I'm going to say before I drop the argument, you're trying to add rules to English, when there are ten thousand contradictions in it.

1 minute ago, Somebody from Sel said:

This is the last thing I'm going to say before I drop the argument, you're trying to add rules to English, when there are ten thousand contradictions in it.

@Ookla the Grammatical Hi. Please give us your opinion on this. Also English is the superior language of the world.

1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

@Ookla the Grammatical Hi. Please give us your opinion on this. Also English is the superior language of the world.

Let's go back to Tabletop Time, have you watched it? It's a roleplaying thing Shad did with his brother, Jazza, and two other friends. It was on a hiatus that lasted 4 years but it's finally back!

1 hour ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Let's go back to Tabletop Time, have you watched it? It's a roleplaying thing Shad did with his brother, Jazza, and two other friends. It was on a hiatus that lasted 4 years but it's finally back!

I tried once, but the episodes are so long.

16 minutes ago, Ookla The Frustrated said:

I tried once, but the episodes are so long.

Ya, what did you start on? I found that starting on the Blood Brothers helped, also good for listening to while doing stuff. It's kinda like a podcast, you just do something and listen.

16 minutes ago, Ookla The Frustrated said:

@Ookla the Watcher @Aspiring Writer you both forget the a at the end he always ends it with an Ah

at least while screaming.

It's more of a Za. Like this. *Clears throat.*

MACHICOLATIONSSS-ZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, does Shad take breaks during December, it's been two weeks since a video upload.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

MACHICOLATIONSSS-ZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True

Btw, does Shad take breaks during December, it's been two weeks since a video upload.

He has in the past gone months without an upload.

It's likely because of Tabletop Time and adjusting to the new workload.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, there's a Shad thread. Nice.

I watch him quite often (Skallgrim more rarely), I like listening to various yt channels while doing stuff. And Shad got me interested in how castles actually worked. He's got a great voice and I really like his manner of speaking. And he can admit to being wrong. And killed a snake with a sword as a kid (Shad had a sword, not the snake, but still it's something). (And is low-key sexist sometimes but I like him anyway.)

As opposed to others in this thread I'm a woman (married, with kids, in case you wondered)

Anyway, maaaachiculations!!!

BTW, speaking of Shad, what's with the majority of fantasy people, HEMA people and similar being members of the LDS Church? Almost every time I follow someone for fantasy-related content, they eventually mention "as a member of the LDS, I [something]". (Also, that great t-shirt saying "we gave you Battlestar Galactica and Twilight, sorry for Twilight"). Not wanting to be offensive, it's just a mystery to me. Especially that I live in Europe (it's that place with castles and the right timezone and almost no LDS).

Edited by Eri

10 hours ago, Eri said:

(And is low-key sexist sometimes

Um, mind providing examples? That's a pretty big claim.

10 hours ago, Eri said:

BTW, speaking of Shad, what's with the majority of fantasy people, HEMA people and similar being members of the LDS Church? Almost every time I follow someone for fantasy-related content, they eventually mention "as a member of the LDS, I [something]".

Well, I have no idea, but he is Christian and probably attracts other Christians.