Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

"That makes sense.

"Normally, dragons are attached to two realms. The dragon you killed was not attached to two realms, only to one. Because it was only attached to one realm it was going insane. When you killed it, you broke it's last connection to any realm, and now it - and it's knowledge - are gone forever. I know much more about dragons than you ever will, and will therefore be more able to understand its last words better, especially anything it said in Ancient Draconic. This is why you should tell me what it said.

"Also, I don't know anything of the situation, which leaves me to assume that you killed this dragon knowing that it was only attached to one realm, and if that's the case you are an enemy of dragonkind and I should kill you."

On 23.4.2021 at 8:53 PM, Tani said:

"That makes sense.

"Normally, dragons are attached to two realms. The dragon you killed was not attached to two realms, only to one. Because it was only attached to one realm it was going insane. When you killed it, you broke it's last connection to any realm, and now it - and it's knowledge - are gone forever. I know much more about dragons than you ever will, and will therefore be more able to understand its last words better, especially anything it said in Ancient Draconic. This is why you should tell me what it said.

"Also, I don't know anything of the situation, which leaves me to assume that you killed this dragon knowing that it was only attached to one realm, and if that's the case you are an enemy of dragonkind and I should kill you."

"What do you mean, attached to two realms? Every creature exists in at least three known realms. And... whatever you meant to say is obviously not common knowledge, so why would we know what would happen to the dragon when he'll die?"

Gal took his notebook and pencil out and looked at the stranger eagerly. "You also indicated you know much about dragons? May I question you after we solve this quarrel?"

@Condensation@JesterLavorre

Exodus returned to where Ara and Minuet were. “I’m back,” he announced, “And we have an interesting problem.”

He led them further down the road and pointed. Night had begun to set in, and in the dusky darkness one could see a massive light up ahead, in the road. A campfire—meaning travelers.

“Not just any travelers,” he noted, “A simple-minded, vicious relative of the elf, but nowhere near as intelligent. Very carnivorous.”

Tada, I’m (kinda) back, and apparently adding to elf lore (I didn‘t want to straight up add orcs as a new species, so I took some, ah, creative initiative).

On 4/9/2021 at 4:04 PM, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara managed a nod before going off to room and shut the door behind her. Leaning against the door in the room, Cara softly whispered. "Hello?"

Hi! I'm Cirsei. I'm a demon, but don't let that stupid title scare you. I'm not even close to being evil. Anyways, you want to be friends?

Cara hesitated. "Friends?"

Yeah, if you agree to a little contract here, we can be best friends forever. You would even get cool powers! I could coach you on how to use them. It'd be so much fun! 

"Why do you want to be my friend?"

You looked like you could use a friend, and...you know maybe I need one, too.

"Have you been watching me?"

Cirsei huffed. Well...it's not like I've got much else to do with my time. I'm kind of immortal and life can get pretty boring at times. People watching is a hobby of mine. I'm always on the lookout for new friends.

"Okay, that's fine. I was just curious." Cara said. This day just keeps getting weirder. 

One more thing too. Um...I can hear your thoughts, so...you can just think stuff to me. You don't have to say it out loud.

Oh, okay, um...great. Cara thought. So...tell me more about this contract.

Right, right, um...okay. So to agree to the contract you just say what I give you, and I'll say my part. As for what is actually included in the contract, I need you to keep an eye on this group and perhaps prevent them from doing any harm. They could be dangerous to the fate of the world. In return, I'll be your BFF, and you'll get cool powers for the duration of your life. The contract would be intact until you die. Ooh, and your eyes can glow pink at times! You would have increased stamina, super strength, and super healing. You would be like nearly impossible to be killed. 

Cara paused, considering Cersei's offer. A friend for life? She never had a long-term friend before since she was always traveling. She'd never be lonely again, and it looked like it would be a breeze to do as Cersei wanted with the powers. 

"I'll do it."

5 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"What do you mean, attached to two realms? Every creature exists in at least three known realms. And... whatever you meant to say is obviously not common knowledge, so why would we know what would happen to the dragon when he'll die?"

Gal took his notebook and pencil out and looked at the stranger eagerly. "You also indicated you know much about dragons? May I question you after we solve this quarrel?"

"I suppose so, but there are some things I will not be willing to tell you."

3 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

@Condensation@JesterLavorre

Exodus returned to where Ara and Minuet were. “I’m back,” he announced, “And we have an interesting problem.”

He led them further down the road and pointed. Night had begun to set in, and in the dusky darkness one could see a massive light up ahead, in the road. A campfire—meaning travelers.

“Not just any travelers,” he noted, “A simple-minded, vicious relative of the elf, but nowhere near as intelligent. Very carnivorous.”

Ara gulped. “Can we avoid them?”

14 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"They've infested this roadway, they'll be everywhere. There's not going to be an easy way to get around them."

Hmmm. Memory can canonically turn people invisible, but I’ve kinda nerfed their powers in the RP to not be super overpowered, and I think turning invisible could be overpowered. What do you think?

Sitting in the shadow of the Wizard’s Tower, Ni started blankly ahead as he sat in the wet snow. Leaning forwards with his lower back against the cold stone of the Tower wall, the small boy rested his head against his legs, his mouth pressing into his knees as he pulled them close to his body. Even with his clothes now soaked and cold from the melted snow he sat in, there was no discomfort in Ni’s position. Curled tightly into an upright ball, Ni remained silent and immovable, save for the steady rise and fall of his chest with each breath he took.

Somewhere in the clearing on the other side of the Tower, there had been others who had gathered; gathered around a dragon that had been slain, with crystal blood that painted the snow grey.

Did they see it? Ni hadn't just seen the corpse of a dragon slain; there was something more.

Did they feel it? Ni could still feel the dragon’s blood on his fingers, but he felt more than that.

Did they understand?

"Oh, don't do that. That's gross."

Ni pulled himself tighter, a feeling of cold more piercing than the deepest of winters washing over him.

… No… they would never…

How could they understand what… what it…

A single ragged cough broke the silence, and Ni’s head violently twisted downward into the space between his knees and chest.

With his head still lowered, Ni carefully took a deep breath. After a few moments of controlled breathing with his head bowed, the boy slowly moved to wipe the back of his hand across his hooded face where his mouth was hidden. As his arm began to sweep across the face of the burlap sack though, Ni suddenly grew very still. Tentatively, the boy lowered his arm, and his small hand closed into an uncertain fist.

From beneath the hood that covered his face, the sigh of a fragile whimper escaped from the back of Ni’s throat.

It was time to go.

19 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Well, I'm sure you already have an answer to it."

17 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

We could find a way to incorporate it, maybe adding some kind of limitations on it—whether it be time, area, energy, or something else altogether.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"Well, I'm sure you already have an answer to it."

"If they discover us, they might force our hand," said Exodus. "We'll have to be ready for that. But no, I don't particularly have a magical solution to getting by easily."