Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Who said anything about patience???

Unless someone objects...

The next morning...

Talnic strode back into town, this time with a scarf wrapped around the lower half of his face. There were more people out and about than there had been the previous evening, and he didn't want to be recognized, followed, or later tracked down. Of course, there were those who might recognize him due to the fact that he was completely obscuring his face, but the cold made it seem far less odd.

He really needed to get back to the South, where it was perfectly normal go about with your face hidden.

The academy was much closer to Talnic's camp than it was to the shop where he had attended the meeting the night before, and so he arrived rather quickly to his destination. In remembrance of the... altercation.... yesterday, Talnic grimaced. Part of him wished that he had taken off the man's hand completely, or even killed him. It would have prevented trouble from arising in the future. 

Talnic, however, hated killing. He was quick to draw his sword, but slow to strike unless necessary. He just hoped that 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic, however, hated killing. He was quick to draw his sword, but slow to strike unless necessary. He just hoped that 

Just wanted to bring this to your attention in case it wasn’t intentional, but is the last sentence finished? It seems to cut off abruptly.

Edited by Ookla the Ethereal

Ara still wasn’t used to the shoddy inn beds and food. She had grown up a noble, enjoying silk sheets and feather mattresses. As Ara walked to the meeting place, she tried to convince herself that was why she was so tired today. Not because she had stayed up late tinkering again.

However, her efforts had paid off. A new type of heat rune, one that would ignite a concentrated blaze in a single direction. Ara wasn’t skilled at aiming a bow or swinging a sword, so she needed something that would require slightly less... precision. 
Memory whispered to Ara. “This is good. You need to be able to kill. Defend yourself.” “But I don’t want to hurt anybody.” Ara whispered back, as she approached the meeting place.

I’m going to bed, so probably don’t try and interact with Ara for ~8 hours.

11 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic strode back into town, this time with a scarf wrapped around the lower half of his face. There were more people out and about than there had been the previous evening, and he didn't want to be recognized, followed, or later tracked down. Of course, there were those who might recognize him due to the fact that he was completely obscuring his face, but the cold made it seem far less odd.

He really needed to get back to the South, where it was perfectly normal go about with your face hidden.

The academy was much closer to Talnic's camp than it was to the shop where he had attended the meeting the night before, and so he arrived rather quickly to his destination. In remembrance of the... altercation.... yesterday, Talnic grimaced. Part of him wished that he had taken off the man's hand completely, or even killed him. It would have prevented trouble from arising in the future. 

The following morning, Valzwyn was still confused... but somehow also excited. She packed up everything important into a small bag: her spellbook, a pocketknife, and a single unopened letter. She made her way out of her room to find the weird person who wouldn't shut up about prophecies.

Orpheus emerged from his household and went to the alleyway to meet with the crew. He had explained things to his mother there. She wasn't happy about him going and didn't understand why he was leaving. But Orpheus had a Contract to fulfill. He obeyed Zanidar.

Overnight, he had made several copies of the mysterious prophecy that the Shadow had given, for anyone who needed one.

Orpheus waited by the alleyway.

47 minutes ago, Ookla the Knight said:

Orpheus emerged from his household and went to the alleyway to meet with the crew. He had explained things to his mother there. She wasn't happy about him going and didn't understand why he was leaving. But Orpheus had a Contract to fulfill. He obeyed Zanidar.

Overnight, he had made several copies of the mysterious prophecy that the Shadow had given, for anyone who needed one.

Orpheus waited by the alleyway.

Ara walked up. “Hello! Orpheus, right? I’m glad someone else is here. I worried everyone would run off.” “So, Orpheus, what is it that you can do? Do you have magic? Do you use swords really well? Are you sneaky?” All these people were so interesting. The best thing about this quest would be getting to know them. Ara was excited.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Sprinkle said:

Ara walked up. “Hello! Orpheus, right? I’m glad someone else is here. I worried everyone would run off.” “So, Orpheus, what is it that you can do? Do you have magic? Do you use swords really well? Are you sneaky?” All these people were so interesting. The best thing about this quest would be getting to know them. Ara was excited.

"Um, hi! No, I'm not magic at all, I don't think, but I'm good with a bow. And decent with a good old stabbing knife. A hunter, actually. What about you?"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Knight said:

"Um, hi! No, I'm not magic at all, I don't think, but I'm good with a bow. And decent with a good old stabbing knife. A hunter, actually. What about you?"

“I have some magic. It’s not much, and I can’t say I’m experienced at using it in combat. I’ve only done that once before.” Ara shuttered at the memory. “Anyway, I’m mainly experienced with illusions.” Ara pulls out a small piece of metal, engraves with an intricate carving. She throws it on the ground, and a full-size image of Ara appears above it. “They can talk, but I have to program them ahead of time. It can take hours, sometimes days.”

For anyone interested:

Ara’s Runes

• Light Rune: produces light, like a flashlight. With further modifications, the rune can also create more complicated illusions out of light.
  • Sound Rune: produces sound.
  • Temperature Rune: creates heat or cold.
  • Gravity Rune: pulls things toward it or pushes them away.

Complex Runes

• Ara can also add markings to her basic runes or combine runes to modify their abilities.
  • Communicator Rune: One of those hologram communicator things from Star Wars. Uses a light rune and a sound rune to connect two or more communicators together and create a talking hologram of the person on the other side.
  • Fire Bomb: just a bunch of heat runes strapped together. Pretty self-explanatory.
  • Stun Bomb: makes a bright light and loud noise to stun people nearby.
  • Illusion Rune: makes a talking illusion centered on the rune. Making an illusion of something new takes time and has to be prepared ahead of time. Ara keeps several prepared illusions on her, including various random objects, creatures, and people (including one of herself).