Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Alright!" Val said. "How do y'all like my tower?"

Talnic leaned up against the wall, resting his hand on the pommel of his sword. He smiled at Val's enthusiasm, but didn't say anything. He didn't have much he could say. And the others were undoubtedly more interested in discussing the tower than he was.

Gal sits in the library, with two notebooks and three books opened in front of him. He talks enthusiastically to Ara, explaining about the Realmatic Theory.

@JesterLavorre

So, I won't write the explanation for two reasons: a. I think I'm not very good at explaining it, and b. I'm not sure I understand it enough. I'm not completely sure we've finished building the Realms, maybe we should work on it a bit more.

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal sits in the library, with two notebooks and three books opened in front of him. He talks enthusiastically to Ara, explaining about the Realmatic Theory.

@JesterLavorre

Ara’s mouth was agape through the entire explanation. Immediately, she pulled out her notes she kept in her pack and started comparing them to Gal’s. “This... Ire. Notion is just one form of it... amazing. And you have some capability to harvest idea Ire as well? Could you try putting some into this? She pulls out a zinc plate with just a few etchings in it. I want to see if you use the same form of energy as Manifestors do.”

I don’t know if this would work or not, depending on a few variables. Without getting into spoilers, metals attract Notion due to their atomic structure. I’m not sure if other idea Ire would interact in the same way.

40 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara’s mouth was agape through the entire explanation. Immediately, she pulled out her notes she kept in her pack and started comparing them to Gal’s. “This... Ire. Notion is just one form of it... amazing. And you have some capability to harvest idea Ire as well? Could you try putting some into this? She pulls out a zinc plate with just a few etchings in it. I want to see if you use the same form of energy as Manifestors do.”

Gal hesitates. "I... usually don't use too large amounts of Harvest. You see, it's connected to my knowledge, though separate from it. But I can try."

He focuses, trying to Plant some Harvest in the zinc plate, without success.

"It appears that though your Notion is probably Ideas Realm's Ire it doesn't act the same like my Harvest. Wait, we can check another difference..." He pulls a wand out of his backpack. "This probably won't work, but can you check if this reacts to Notion? This is the branch of a very rare tree, you probably never saw one. After that, we could check whether we can Harvest each other, though we probably better be wary about that."

So, first, you assumed Gal told Ara about his magic system. If you'll go back to the last post I wrote about it, you'll see he actually mentioned it as a magic system he researched, without mentioning he could use it. It's not too far fetched that he decided to tell her, but he'd probably ask her to tell no one about it. He probably didn't remove the hat in the public, too.

Second, since my magic system wasn't built with metals I think it's better that metals won't work with it. I guess you'd do the same with the tree. One thing that will always stay common is the connection to human minds as sources.

33 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

So, first, you assumed Gal told Ara about his magic system. If you'll go back to the last post I wrote about it, you'll see he actually mentioned it as a magic system he researched, without mentioning he could use it. It's not too far fetched that he decided to tell her, but he'd probably ask her to tell no one about it. He probably didn't remove the hat in the public, too.

Really Sorry! I keep assuming Ara knows more than she actually does. I’ll try and stop!

Ara touched the tree and tried to push Notion into it through Memory. Memory spoke. “It is not working. This branch... there is something strange about, but it does not sing to me as metal does. It is... disharmonious. It sings to a different tune.”

”I can’t, Ara said. It won’t stick.” Just to experiment, she tried anyway. A curl of blue smoke escaped her palm, but simply evaporated without attracting to the branch. She sighed. “It seems they are different after all, at least in some way.”

”So, how do you Harvest? I just need to touch someone. Is it the same for you?”

If Cara is actively looking for someone to talk to, then you can use Ren as an option if you would like. Personally, I think Cara would actually be one of the best people for Ren to talk with at this time. I'll leave that decision up to you though.

Is he still in a tree? @S4S

"Alright!" Val said. "How do y'all like my tower?"

"It's great! I love it!"

20 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara touched the tree and tried to push Notion into it through Memory. Memory spoke. “It is not working. This branch... there is something strange about, but it does not sing to me as metal does. It is... disharmonious. It sings to a different tune.”

”I can’t, Ara said. It won’t stick.” Just to experiment, she tried anyway. A curl of blue smoke escaped her palm, but simply evaporated without attracting to the branch. She sighed. “It seems they are different after all, at least in some way.”

”So, how do you Harvest? I just need to touch someone. Is it the same for you?”

"For me, touch isn't necessarily needed, but I need some level of agreement from the patient. If he's aware of me Harvesting and resists I won't be able to Harvest, and if he agrees it works without any difficulty. I don't usually Harvest - I already have large amounts of Harvest, and so, Harvesting is only used as last resort. For that reason, my knowledge of it is mostly theoretical, though I did try it once or twice. Usually, people aren't in one extreme end, and so are possible but hard to Harvest. I use more Planting, actually - placing the Harvest inside another person's mind."

It's fine, I guess. The problem is, there are things no one will tell Ara, like Exodus' name (she'll know him as Xeus, for now), or the Shadow's, or, for all it matters, Gal's. It's important to separate character and player knowledge.

Sorry, probably shouldn't have written it that way.

5 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"For me, touch isn't necessarily needed, but I need some level of agreement from the patient. If he's aware of me Harvesting and resists I won't be able to Harvest, and if he agrees it works without any difficulty. I don't usually Harvest - I already have large amounts of Harvest, and so, Harvesting is only used as last resort. For that reason, my knowledge of it is mostly theoretical, though I did try it once or twice. Usually, people aren't in one extreme end, and so are possible but hard to Harvest. I use more Planting, actually - placing the Harvest inside another person's mind."

“Hmm. For me, I don’t technically need consent, but, It’s easier to get exactly what you want when the person brings it to the front of their mind. Do you have a limit of how much you can store?”

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Is he still in a tree?

With everyone inside the tower after the "timeskip", Ren has moved somewhere within the abandoned section of the looter's camp. Don't feel obligated to leave the tower and everyone in it if you don't want to at this time; Ren's not going anywhere. Whatever you want to do though and whatever is natural for your character.

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

“Hmm. For me, I don’t technically need consent, but, It’s easier to get exactly what you want when the person brings it to the front of their mind. Do you have a limit of how much you can store?”

"If so, we never arrived to it."

26 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Wait, since when was this Cosmere?

It's not exactly Cosmere. It happened in one of the periods you couldn't follow, along with the zombie dragons and the world ending parts. Everything is on Discord (only too long), and most is on the Wikidoc Knight did. I guess you didn't read it all - can't judge you for that.

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Wait, since when was this Cosmere?

It's not. We've kind of used realmatic theory a bit, but there are four realms instead of three.

Then there is a lot of stuff with dragons and...

I'm not the expert.

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Then why is the Ire still a thing?

Ire stands for Inner Realmatic Energy, I believe.

Also, you should get on Discord.

We're talking about CPR and blood.

And then you can also look at the notes on Ire and stuff. Which I should probably do too...

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Because my classes are 100% online

This is preventing you from getting on Discord but not on the Shard?

Spoiler

Sorry... I'm not following the reasoning here...

22 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic leaned up against the wall, resting his hand on the pommel of his sword. He smiled at Val's enthusiasm, but didn't say anything. He didn't have much he could say. And the others were undoubtedly more interested in discussing the tower than he was.

Cara casually walked over to The Shadow, determined to be friends with him by the end of the day. "Hi, whatcha doing?"

11 hours ago, S4S said:

With everyone inside the tower after the "timeskip", Ren has moved somewhere within the abandoned section of the looter's camp. Don't feel obligated to leave the tower and everyone in it if you don't want to at this time; Ren's not going anywhere. Whatever you want to do though and whatever is natural for your character.

She'll probably end up just wandering around over there especially since I don't really think Talnic will be very friendly.

58 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara casually walked over to The Shadow, determined to be friends with him by the end of the day. "Hi, whatcha doing?"

Talnic looked up at Cara, head tilted slightly to one side. "Well, I'm talking to you it seems," he said. He then nodded towards the rest of the group. "And listening to them."