Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Can someone TL;DR me?

There isn't much you need to know. Valzwyn was being nostalgic around the tower, wasn't she? Anyway, Xeus was revealed to be actually Exodus - AKA KoI's villain;), and started reading histories and prophecies. After finding a prophecy that seemed relevant to him, he tore it from the book and burnt it after memorizing it. Sef then went to attack him for damaging a library book, which in hind sight seems like an overreaction, maybe even from both sides. Meanwhile outside the tower... not much happened. Some character interaction, maybe.

8 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

There isn't much you need to know. Valzwyn was being nostalgic around the tower, wasn't she? Anyway, Xeus was revealed to be actually Exodus - AKA KoI's villain;), and started reading histories and prophecies. After finding a prophecy that seemed relevant to him, he tore it from the book and burnt it after memorizing it. Sef then went to attack him for damaging a library book, which in hind sight seems like an overreaction, maybe even from both sides. Meanwhile outside the tower... not much happened. Some character interaction, maybe.

Idea: We just timeskip everyone into the tower and make it our base of operations.

27 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Idea: We just timeskip everyone into the tower and make it our base of operations.

Well, we still need Exodus and Sef to finish off before that, and Valzwyn, as Knight said, probably should hear their fight and come. After that something should happen with Exodus, and only then we can timeskip.

43 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Bro we're in the middle of an epic plot battle, timeskip is the last thing on the agenda. I'll TLDR ya even further. Xeus (who is Exodus) got some information out of a prophecy book then burned a page and now he and the librarian are battling. That's all.

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

"We fight ignorance, bringing with us the light of knowledge. What you did only served to increase ignorance in the world." Sef stopped talking for a moment. "Well, maybe I'm overly dramatic, but I cannot allow this crime to pass without punishment."

He then used another piece of knowledge about the use of Physical Ire to blow a gust of wind on the man, on a final try to make him fall, and shooting a stone from the floor toward his head.

Exodus hovers a foot into the air and blocks the stone with his arm. "Final chance. Let's just forget this ever happened."

11 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Exodus hovers a foot into the air and blocks the stone with his arm. "Final chance. Let's just forget this ever happened."

"Only if you'll answer one question: why do you try to hide this prophecy? Saving the world from another Great Calamity is a noble cause, but isn't necessarily a task for one man. Destroying knowledge won't serve the purpose of saving the world." Sef stood there, examining the man. He didn't really expect a truthfull answer; destroyers of knowledge usually hid their knowledge, too. He just stalled a bit, trying to think.

He couldn't get how the man created the fire; it probably was a method he didn't know well enough. He wasted most of his knowledge of Physical Ire usage already, though perhaps he could dig more of the other elements. He tried to consider his options, realizing the last trick he had was the tower itself, with all it's secrets. He had to think of it some more before trying.

Well, Sef is probably dead anyway. Not sure I could get interesting tower secrets out of my sleeve quickly enough, and since Valzwyn probably inherited the tower Sef won't want it to be destroyed.

7 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Only if you'll answer one question: why do you try to hide this prophecy? Saving the world from another Great Calamity is a noble cause, but isn't necessarily a task for one man. Destroying knowledge won't serve the purpose of saving the world." Sef stood there, examining the man. He didn't really expect a truthfull answer; destroyers of knowledge usually hid their knowledge, too. He just stalled a bit, trying to think.

He couldn't get how the man created the fire; it probably was a method he didn't know well enough. He wasted most of his knowledge of Physical Ire usage already, though perhaps he could dig more of the other elements. He tried to consider his options, realizing the last trick he had was the tower itself, with all it's secrets. He had to think of it some more before trying.

Exodus stepped forward until he was closer to the librarian, and whispered, "If I told you, answered you honestly, and then let you live, would you keep quiet?" He was afraid that if he killed the man, it would be too suspicious.

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Exodus stepped forward until he was closer to the librarian, and whispered, "If I told you, answered you honestly, and then let you live, would you keep quiet?" He was afraid that if he killed the man, it would be too suspicious.

Sef was surprised. Why would the man agree to tell him? He considered for a moment, then the dots suddenly connected in his mind. If the man will kill him, miss Valzwyn and her group won't trust him anymore. He didn't see any way for him to escape the situation unless he agreed to hide the knowledge, and he could. Owlsons knew how to keep a secret, seeing to the fact the world generally didn't know a thing about them. 

In addition to that, he was curious, as was natural to him, and he knew his curiosity wouldn't be satisfied if he answered no. And so, he said: "Yes, I would."

Though he might tell of the prophecy at least to Gal, without mentioning the burnt page or Exodus.

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

Sef was surprised. Why would the man agree to tell him? He considered for a moment, then the dots suddenly connected in his mind. If the man will kill him, miss Valzwyn and her group won't trust him anymore. He didn't see any way for him to escape the situation unless he agreed to hide the knowledge, and he could. Owlsons knew how to keep a secret, seeing to the fact the world generally didn't know a thing about them. 

In addition to that, he was curious, as was natural to him, and he knew his curiosity wouldn't be satisfied if he answered no. And so, he said: "Yes, I would."

That would be fine, and would help some plot moving.

"There is only one way to fight off this Great Calamity," said Exodus, "That whoever would save us would take on... great power, a power like unto godhood. I apologize for how I have treated your book, but the time is soon coming. I can't share too much with you for the same reasons, but I feel I can trust you. If any knowledge of this gets out, and falls into wrong hands, then the power will fall into those wrong hands, and we'll be living in a world worse than it has been for millennia, possibly the actual end of our lives as we know them."

He brings his voice even quieter. "I know you don't like me, as a destroyer of knowledge. But trust me when I say that there is some knowledge that cannot be widely known, for the protection of the world. And that prophecy has some vague information related to it."

40 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"There is only one way to fight off this Great Calamity," said Exodus, "That whoever would save us would take on... great power, a power like unto godhood. I apologize for how I have treated your book, but the time is soon coming. I can't share too much with you for the same reasons, but I feel I can trust you. If any knowledge of this gets out, and falls into wrong hands, then the power will fall into those wrong hands, and we'll be living in a world worse than it has been for millennia, possibly the actual end of our lives as we know them."

He brings his voice even quieter. "I know you don't like me, as a destroyer of knowledge. But trust me when I say that there is some knowledge that cannot be widely known, for the protection of the world. And that prophecy has some vague information related to it."

"What're you guys talkin' about?" Val asked, poking her head into the door.

46 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What're you guys talkin' about?" Val asked, poking her head into the door.

Sef nods a small nod toward the man, then turns to Valzwyn.

"Some ancient historical theories, Miss Valzwyn. Nothing that should concern you."

Though he tries to sound calm, he seems very troubled.

Edited by Trutharchivist

28 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef nods a small nod toward the man, then turns to Valzwyn.

"Some ancient historical theories, Miss Valzwyn. Nothing that should concern you."

Though he tries to sound calm, he seems very troubled.

Exodus nods at the man, trusting he would not tell, gently closed the book of prophecies.

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Okay.” She skipped off to find her old bedroom.

Alright. Now would be more of an appropriate time for a time skip.

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Alright!" Val said. "How do y'all like my tower?"

Of course.

Everyone, we just timeskipped. We're using the tower as a temporary base, and so we've all just explored it/arrived here or something.

@Condensation @Matrim's Dice @S4S @Trutharchivist @JesterLavorre @The Awakened Salad @Cosmical Existence @Tesh @Isabelle6060 @Channelknight Fadran @Knight of Iron

Just now, S4S said:

Are there still looters outside the tower? Just curious, since it was never deliberately said that they had completely left the clearing. Regardless, Ren wont enter the tower just yet, but you all are free to proceed.

The looters aren't by the tower proper, but that isn't to say that they won't ever come back.

So, we now have twelve active (or semi-active) players and fourteen-fifteen characters that were seen in the game, discounting the two demons. In addition to that, we have two slumbering characters and players - HoidWasTaken's Kreare and Xino's Mark. The active characters are... (Deep breath)

Tesh with Talnic "the Shadow", Connie with Minuet (and possibly her uncle) Jester with Ara (and her family), Knight with Orpheus and Exodus (and Zanidar and Alaxis), Isabelle with Cara, Salad with a bread- no, sorry, my bad, Avocado- oh, it's not that either, it's Avren, Fadran with Valzwyn, Mat with Traige and... Don't remember his villain's name, wait a minute... Oh, it's Caspar, Cosmical Existence with Chrys, S4S with Ren, Aragorn with Nyx, and me with Gal and Sef.

And I'm just a little jealous of Knight for being able to tag everyone. Anyway, now we have a full, orderly list - like the one in the official doc.

I think I should just quit writing long, unnecessary posts. I thought of asking if RPs are usually this full, since in another forum I know is used for RPing there is usually a 6 players limit, but then I remembered that the Alleyverse exists, and I can bet it could be called a massively multiplayer role-playing game.

And I've put myself as SPUCE. Next time I'll have to think it through.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

I can help, if you'd like.

No need. It seems that Knight does a great job when I don't. Since by your own testimony you do it on many other RPs, it's probably better for you that you have one taken care of by other people.