Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Talnic leaned against the high stone wall that surrounded the practice ground, anxiously tugging his hat just a little lower over his eyes. There were so many people... How was he supposed to take them all on this quest? There were so many emotions between all of them. How was Talnic supposed to keep track? He had to 

He did his best to not let his odd surge of emotions show, and instead focused on the task at hand.

Watching the others talk. 

They'd likely realize that they had no idea what was going on in a few minutes, so until then, Talnic would appreciate being able to watch undisturbed from the side, trying to get an  idea of who the people were. It certainly was an odd group.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic leaned against the high stone wall that surrounded the practice ground, anxiously tugging his hat just a little lower over his eyes. There were so many people... How was he supposed to take them all on this quest? There were so many emotions between all of them. How was Talnic supposed to keep track? He had to 

He did his best to not let his odd surge of emotions show, and instead focused on the task at hand.

Watching the others talk. 

They'd likely realize that they had no idea what was going on in a few minutes, so until then, Talnic would appreciate being able to watch undisturbed from the side, trying to get an  idea of who the people were. It certainly was an odd group.

"Can you please explain what the heck is going on?"

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Can you please explain what the heck is going on?"

He should have know his brief moments of peace wouldn't last.

Turning to the young elf. Talnic began to speak. "Every once in a while, completely at random, I will give a prophecy, which I can't remember afterwards, and then collapse. I tried to ignore them for years, but terrible things kept happening. So now I make sure to never ignore them, as the inconvenience is better than the potential death that will come as a result of ignoring the prophecy. The people who I am around when I give one are generally involved with whatever I need to do or experience. For example, this. As I am the one who gave the prophecy, I am tied to whatever happens as we peruse this. Those of you who heard it are as well, but to a lesser degree. You could all leave now and only experience a slight inconvenience. But the prophecy said that we would need several people in order to be successful. It is up to you all, though, to decide whether or not you will accompany me. I am very experienced in regards to finding and dealing with dragons, and have been very successful in this in the past. Little or no harm will befall you, of that you can be almost certain." Talnic sighed softly. Whoever or whatever the force behind his prophecies was, it tried very hard to inconvenience him. If he approached this like just another expedition that he had been hired to go on to provide support, though, he could likely deal with being surrounded by these people. Very strange people willing to go on a quest with a complete stranger.

"Any questions?" Talnic asked.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Question. What if I wasn't around when you gave this... prophecy?"

"Since you found us soon after, you are still tied to it. Not as strongly as I am, or the two who heard it first hand, but that connection is still there." Talnic shrugged. "You have even less reason to follow through with this than I or the two who heard the prophecy do."

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Question. What if I wasn't around when you gave this... prophecy?"

Orpheus looked up from what he had been doing.

“I... guess I will be writing a transcription of the prophecy, to be passed around to those who wish to come with us.”

He continued, “Now, like the scary man who I still don’t his name has said, you don’t have to come with us. No one really does. I know this is exciting, but the journey will be grueling. It’s a two-month journey, I hear.”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Knight said:

He continued, “Now, like the scary man who I still don’t his name has said, you don’t have to come with us. No one really does. I know this is exciting, but the journey will be grueling. It’s a two-month journey, I hear.”

Talnic rolled his eyes. Of course they thought that it was exciting. "They call me the shadow, and that's all you need to know," he said. Wait... "How do you know where the dragons are?" 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic rolled his eyes. Of course they thought that it was exciting. "They call me the shadow, and that's all you need to know," he said. Wait... "How do you know where the dragons are?" 

“That’s for me to know, Shadow,” he replied. He had given away too much. He continued his act of an excited student, but inside he was actually terrified. Oh, the things he did for demons.

“Now, I call for, perhaps, a break? I do have to be arriving home soon, and I don’t  want to rush some of us into hasty decisions.” He glanced at the elf. “Let’s all meet in the alleyway outside the academy tomorrow morning, after we’ve had some time to take this in. I’ll provide some transcriptions there.”

Oh, how it hurt him to have to reign everyone into an adventure he didn’t even want to participate in. But his demon didn’t seem to object to any of these joining, so he figured it was fine. He was going to need all the help he could get. Now, if only he knew why Zanidar needed this of him.

50 minutes ago, Ookla the Knight said:

“That’s for me to know, Shadow,” he replied. He had given away too much. He continued his act of an excited student, but inside he was actually terrified. Oh, the things he did for demons.

“Now, I call for, perhaps, a break? I do have to be arriving home soon, and I don’t  want to rush some of us into hasty decisions.” He glanced at the elf. “Let’s all meet in the alleyway outside the academy tomorrow morning, after we’ve had some time to take this in. I’ll provide some transcriptions there.”

Oh, how it hurt him to have to reign everyone into an adventure he didn’t even want to participate in. But his demon didn’t seem to object to any of these joining, so he figured it was fine. He was going to need all the help he could get. Now, if only he knew why Zanidar needed this of him.

Talnic supposed he could respect someone keeping information like that to themselves. He did the exact same thing. The kid did still seem rather anxious, though, despite his enthusiasm. He'd have to keep an eye on him.

"The alleyway will work," Talnic said. "Don't come unless you are genuinely going to accompany us." With that, he turned and strode away, leaving before the others could ask any more questions. He exited through a side gate that he hadn't noticed before, stepping back out into the blessedly deserted street. With a relived sigh, Talnic began making his way back to his camp that lay in the woods at the edge of town.

11 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

He should have know his brief moments of peace wouldn't last.

Turning to the young elf. Talnic began to speak. "Every once in a while, completely at random, I will give a prophecy, which I can't remember afterwards, and then collapse. I tried to ignore them for years, but terrible things kept happening. So now I make sure to never ignore them, as the inconvenience is better than the potential death that will come as a result of ignoring the prophecy. The people who I am around when I give one are generally involved with whatever I need to do or experience. For example, this. As I am the one who gave the prophecy, I am tied to whatever happens as we peruse this. Those of you who heard it are as well, but to a lesser degree. You could all leave now and only experience a slight inconvenience. But the prophecy said that we would need several people in order to be successful. It is up to you all, though, to decide whether or not you will accompany me. I am very experienced in regards to finding and dealing with dragons, and have been very successful in this in the past. Little or no harm will befall you, of that you can be almost certain." Talnic sighed softly. Whoever or whatever the force behind his prophecies was, it tried very hard to inconvenience him. If he approached this like just another expedition that he had been hired to go on to provide support, though, he could likely deal with being surrounded by these people. Very strange people willing to go on a quest with a complete stranger.

"Any questions?" Talnic asked.

"I don't think I should--" she hesitated.

Was this what she'd been waiting for? A chance to escape this school and actually use her magic for once; not in secret, but out in the open? And maybe... she'd find a group of friends, for once. Not roommates or project partners. Friends.

Valzwyn took a breath. "Okay. I'm in."

22 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

"Since you found us soon after, you are still tied to it. Not as strongly as I am, or the two who heard it first hand, but that connection is still there." Talnic shrugged. "You have even less reason to follow through with this than I or the two who heard the prophecy do."

21 hours ago, Ookla the Knight said:

"I mean, technically you found me. However, I'm good with that as long as you're okay with me being there." Minuet looked around at the others. "And a break sounds nice, I could use a nap and a shower. I'll see you in the morning."